dp35dp mobo / Xcite 1 is coming

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: dp35dp mobo / Xcite 1 is coming

Post by dawman »

Yes,...It's a great board.
I have 4GB's of low latency DDR800 w/ CL5 settings and the E8600.
I had it packed w/ 3 x Scope Pro's and now the XITE-1.
SInce I popped out the E6850 and put in the E8600 it fixed my Kontakt woes.
Gigastudio and GVI had no problems but Kontakt isn't designed as well as Giga for streaming samples.
The fast E8600 has a great cache design that runs as smooth as the i7 920. The i7 is a little faster but not by much.
You could use a Quad and address more VSTi's in que, but they will need slower buffer settings which is fine as long as you don't need realtime access.

Here's the PCI-e 1X connection.
IMG_1898.JPG
IMG_1899.JPG
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

I'll go for an Intel mobo next time when I rebuild the PC (I have Gigabyte at present) - plus I can go for a much smaller case for that tiny PCI-E card when I get the Xite :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

You can actually use the new H57 Intel I saw at the CES show, or go for the ASUS H57 EVO depending on how long you want to wait.
The i5 651 CPU is powerful enough for VST Hosting, and since the graphics are on the chip package this eliminates the need for a Graphics card.
The memory controller is on the Graphics chip inside of the package, so there's a higher latency. But it has no effect on our apps.
Using a 90 degree angled PCI-e riser card for the S|C PCI-e 1X connector you could use a well designed 1U ATX/mATX chassis.
VSTi's that are sample based can use the new USB 3.0 RAID Sticks for streaming 300+ MB's per second ( synthetic benchmarks ) of audio and negate the need for SSD's or hot mechanical drives.
NEC Controller chips allow 2 x USB 3.0 ports which can have hubs. From what I have been reading these are expensive but next year will be 50% off as usual.
But this means a simple 2U ATA case can house 2 x 1U ATX chassis', one being the XITE-1 and the other a powerful DAW.....
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's a 3 x PCI mobo that is a good choice for a tower w/ 3 x Scope Cards.
Then one can easily upgrade to a 1U since the graphics are integrated on the CPU package now.
For guys who are waiting to buy their XITE-1 this would be a good way to go as the Intel chipsets and mobos are just stable from the start.
It seems as though they are letting their top tier manufacturers have fun with the H57 chipset while thye have the H55.
From reading the manual the olny difference I see is the baility to use Dynamic Freuqency mode ( Graphics version of Intel Turbo Mode ).
I see this as a great 1U for the XITE-1.
DH55HC_lg.jpg
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

thanks, seems to be a very good MB :D
also with 3 PCI!!!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dawman

Post by dawman »

There are P55's that als have 3 and 4 32bit PCI slots.
The new i5's and i3 530 CPU's are plenty powerful and extremely cool for DAW's.