Xite-1 on its way - couple of questions

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

mausmuso

Xite-1 on its way - couple of questions

Post by mausmuso »

Hi There,
I am awaiting delivery of my Xite-1.
Its a long way from Germany to the land of Oz. I hope customs don't have a field day!
In meantime:-
I have an old 16bit ADAT that I always intended to sync to SCOPE (via a Sync Plate).
With Xite have we lost our ability to sync to external Adats?
Is there a work around?
I suppose I could always record the external stuff into Vdat and then sync up internal sequencer tracks.
For me that will only work for 8 tracks without some sort of sync arrangement to align a second Adat tape to.

Also recent experience with upgrading to Scope 5 casued a few issues with existing projects.
We had to rename the old Scope 4.5 directory and then reselect devices (from the Scope 5 directories) when they could no longer be found on loading.
Will I need to do something similar with Scope Xite (eg rename the old Scope PCI directory) when loading old projects?

Is anyone using the Word Clock outputs to sync with external devices?
I intend to do so to the my A16 (not an A16 Ultra unfortunately) and ProjectMix I/O. I image it all works ok?
Can't wait to join you all in the revlolution.
regards
maus
siriusbliss

Re: Xite-1 on its way - couple of questions

Post by siriusbliss »

Welcome to the land of Xite!

Xite gets installed in it's own directory, and there's no need to rename the PCI folder.
You can run PCI and Xite environment at the same time.
You can sync to external ADATs and Wordclock. I'm syncing both with my Yamaha 01 mixer.

Have fun!

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

Thanks Greg
I won't be able to run both at the same time because I have traded in my SCOPE Pro and Pulsar 2 cards to get the XITE.
I have retained a LUNA card in second machine but that is sort of off line from where I want to do modt of my work.
and yes I expect to have fun :D
maus
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Mine will be there tomorrow (AT LAST!!!).
First, the damn Swiss Customs, then S|C mistaken on delivery address and sent it to my previous company's address! But they are cool and got the parcel for me. It's so close to me now that I can nearly touch it! :lol:
No more penitence. I now also expect to have some fun