Newbie questions 4 purchasing

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

doktorfuture

Fast shipping from Nova Musik

Post by doktorfuture »

Wow, shipping was fast from Nova Musik. Ordered yesterday, came today (express shipping). I've got it all installed, awaiting key file. Hopefully they'll send it tomorrow. Wish it came with one.

Some observations:

Hardware looks good and feels solid. Buttons could have a bit more resistance to push, but a niggle. Knobs feel solid. The power jack could feel a bit more 'snug' in its socket. Software installed smoothly, don't know if it works yet.

I like how the installer makes you check each module you wish to add. It draws your attention to the value of the devices.

The CD they sent with the product was blank. Had the Sonic Core text with versions and and such on it, but had nothing on it. No worries really, as I'd always download the latest off the web site.

I think the system should come with some sort of key file or demo to start with, or online/software assisted registration. I mean, you have the hardware. That should count for something. It's a bit of a buzz killer. In an ideal world, the software would read the serial # off the flash or something and register it. It's a bit backwards for people to manage something as simple as distributing license codes.

The manual was simple and clear, and most importantly accurate, but some of the screenshots were in German. That's OK, but it would be a bit nicer if they were in other languages too.

There should be some sort of 'intro' guide or documentation with the product. NovaMusik seems to have sent me about 100 brochures for various Sonic Core products in a package that looked 'manual sized'. :|
pollux

Re: Fast shipping from Nova Musik

Post by pollux »

doktorfuture wrote:Wow, shipping was fast from Nova Musik. Ordered yesterday, came today (express shipping). I've got it all installed, awaiting key file. Hopefully they'll send it tomorrow. Wish it came with one.|
Hi,

congrats :D

Did you install the software from the CD, or did you download the latest version from S|C? (last version has XTC mode and some bugfixes).

Cheers!
Tau

Re: Newbie questions 4 purchasing

Post by Tau »

I agree that the XITE should come with a keyfile... at the very least, one on paper, like the old PCis. Just seems pretty dumb to have to wait for the keys after such a big purchase... :P
doktorfuture

Re: Fast shipping from Nova Musik

Post by doktorfuture »

Yup, the CD they sent was blank, so I downloaded from the web site. Got it all running.

It's all pretty straightforward, and I like the online docs. I've played some of the synths, routed a Voyager in, got it working with Asio via Bidule, so I'm pretty stoked. I use Bidule a lot, so the ability to route between all this stuff made me very happy.

It all sounds great so far!

One problem is the left input on the front seems to have a problem. I plugged in an unbalanced connection, and there's no sound if it's fully in, but there is sound if it's partially in. Could be a bad jack.

Another problem is that some of the synths in the menu aren't activated. Just a few. Is it supposed to be that way?

I love the UI!
pollux wrote:
doktorfuture wrote: Did you install the software from the CD, or did you download the latest version from S|C? (last version has XTC mode and some bugfixes).
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

6 string, prodessy, and apr02 they don't come with 5.0..and they will prompt you for keys.
My CD was blank too...
what a great day...!
I knew you'd love it..
Joel
doktorfuture

Post by doktorfuture »

Thanks Joel.
netguyjoel wrote:6 string, prodessy, and apr02 they don't come with 5.0..and they will prompt you for keys.
My CD was blank too...
what a great day...!
I knew you'd love it..