Xite Upgrade Questions + Retailer in Holland?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Atomic Marshmallow

Xite Upgrade Questions + Retailer in Holland?

Post by Atomic Marshmallow »

Hi,

I am tempted by this Xite deal. But I am not clear about certain things.

1) If I trade in my three pulsar cards does that mean I can get a rebate of about 2500 euros? I have two cards with 6 DSPs and one with 4 DSPs. If that is the case, it is tempting. But I don't know of a retailer in Holland. Can anyone help?

2) Plus, is it worth doing? Should I stick with what I have? Though at the moment what I have isn't working. I think my motherboard is faulty.

3) So while I am here, I may as well ask, how easy is it to get a PCI slot motherboard these days? They all seem PCI express.

4) Can the Xite connect to a laptop?

Thanks
garyb

Re: Xite Upgrade Questions + Retailer in Holland?

Post by garyb »

1. Thomanns or directly to S/C should work. for multiple cards one must contact S/C anyway.

2. if you can afford XITE, i'd get it. the power to $ ratio is just too good. i think it'd be best to sell the cards yourself, however.

3. yes, it's easy, unless you just have to have the latest, most exotic setup. pci slots are still plentiful, even though the 3 slot motherboards are limited in number.

4. yes! for an additional 109 euro...
Atomic Marshmallow

Post by Atomic Marshmallow »

garyb wrote:1. Thomanns or directly to S/C should work. for multiple cards one must contact S/C anyway.

2. if you can afford XITE, i'd get it. the power to $ ratio is just too good. i think it'd be best to sell the cards yourself, however.

3. yes, it's easy, unless you just have to have the latest, most exotic setup. pci slots are still plentiful, even though the 3 slot motherboards are limited in number.

4. yes! for an additional 109 euro...

Thanks for your responses.

I could afford it if i can get a good rebate. So if I can get about 2500 euros, I'd definitely go for it.

You suggest selling the cards myself. I doubt I'd get a good price for them. I'd be lucky to get 150 euros per card. No way would I sell them at that price.
If I can't get a 3 PCI motherboard that will screw things up a bit for me if I don't trade my cards. I did think of getting an external case to house my cards and connect to a computer, but they are far too expensive for what they do.

Any suggestions for a 3 or more PCI slot motherboard? I would like at least 5 PCI slots,

Thanks
garyb

Post by garyb »

you won't get that big of a rebate.
5 pci slots? that'll be expensive and hard to find. 3 pci slots? asus p5k, intel dp35dp, intel dg33, several by dfi and supermicro and gigabyte...check the tech forums. i suggest going with mature intel chipset based motherboards and you should be just fine.
reiknir

Post by reiknir »

garyb wrote:you won't get that big of a rebate.
5 pci slots? that'll be expensive and hard to find. 3 pci slots? asus p5k, intel dp35dp, intel dg33, several by dfi and supermicro and gigabyte...check the tech forums. i suggest going with mature intel chipset based motherboards and you should be just fine.
ASROCK do an upgrade motherboard called AM2NF3-VSTA, it is bit odd it only supports AGP and has 5 PCIslots but does support PhenomII processors, Am using it here to run 3 Creamware cards in a system with a triple core AMD. Only minus point is that Win7 only runs with a a handful of Nvidia cards

Price is 25 to 40 pounds depending on where you buy it (30 to 50 euros)