Dynatube on Xite-1?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

katano

Dynatube on Xite-1?

Post by katano »

Hi all,

is anyone running Dynatube on Xite-1 and does it work? Jimmy?

Cheers,
Roman
pollux

Re: Dynatube on Xite-1?

Post by pollux »

Hi,

Dynatubes are not working on XITE.
When I load a dynatube device, all the audio cuts off, and it gets only back to normal when I remove the device :cry:

It seems it's because of some custom DSP code done by Softube that doesn't work on the new chips.

I contacted S|C about this, and they are in touch with Softube, but there are no news about it yet.

Cheers!
katano

Post by katano »

:x :x arghh, this is a show stopper!! I'm producing Indie Rock/Pop and Dynatube is part of almost every project, damn...

did you try to assign dynatube to a specific DSP, an old one?
pollux

Post by pollux »

katano wrote::x :x arghh, this is a show stopper!! I'm producing Indie Rock/Pop and Dynatube is part of almost every project, damn...?/quote]
same for me.. cranked up JM's and MB's are there everywhere... Mojo works well on the XITE and it has a great tone, but it's a tone on it's own.
katano wrote:did you try to assign dynatube to a specific DSP, an old one?
didn't try that yet.. I was lazy enough to get away by using Guitar Rig
katano

Post by katano »

could you please try that for me, would be awesome. sonic core doesn't migrate dynatube keys to xite at this time :( but maybe when i got some good arguements :roll:

btw. i hate guitar rig and it isn't really a good competitor for dynatube in my ears...

thanks
Roman
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

Hi... I wished to buy dynatube bass amp and when Ralf saw that it was for xite, he told me that it is not possible yet. Softube must update the plugins.
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
pollux

Post by pollux »

Hi,

I tried to load a dynatube device on one of the old sharcs, but it stil ldoesn't work :x
dawman

Post by dawman »

Good thing there are other choices like MoJo, Celmos stuff and Modular.
My needs are different, but when I need my Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Gibson 101E and Hohner D6 to sound as if they were going through an old Vox or Twin Reverb, Mojo does a fine job.
I take a direct out to the ADAT Destination out to a seperate hardware amp attached to a Barbetta 41 Sub for mixing left hand Bass w/ other Keyboards. This creates the right seperation. VDAT drums get thier own small cabinet too, and the same for keys/guitar synths.
It sounds more like a band when the 4 powered cabinets are used. Too bad it doesn't pay like a full band 'eh.... :(
pollux

Post by pollux »

mojo and celmos amp modellers are very good and they have a soul of their own, but many times I need the JM or the MB tones, which are quite particular... It's reallya PITA to have to use Guitar Rig instead of the Dynatubes in those cases.. It's simply not a match :x
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Mojo is great. Samplitude's Vandal is great (for a VST).

IMO Guitar Rig is slosh. Too much digital smoosh.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
pollux

Post by pollux »

guitar rig 4 is ok.. much better than GR3.. as long as you take out all the crap from the patches and leave them as barebones as possible.. but not even close to dynatube, GAM or Mojo..

When I showed them to a couple of friends, they couldn't believe that such sound was coming from a plugin.. it was like "confess... where is the hidden 'little' double rectifier??" :lol:
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, getting Dynatube working on XITE is a must....
dawman

Post by dawman »

Does it really get that Vox Super Beatle tone though..?
If I could get that I would love to also have that flavor.
I use Flexor III's Ripple Drive to get that Vox Continental / Jaguar sizzle sound, but after researching Ray Manzarek's old rigs he used the Rhodes and Rhodes Bass, Wurlitzer 200A and the Gibson 101E which really sounds great because it has the Vox Combo sound but also Farfisa. But he too would use a Vox Super Beatle and Sunn/Vox cabinet. The Rhodes went through the Fender Twin.
A few years ago I would have laughed when someone said the DSP amps were close to the sounds that cabinets get. Now I can hardly do a Blues/R & B gig w/o one.
garyb

Post by garyb »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Does it really get that Vox Super Beatle tone though..?
i'm not gonna say it's exactly like amp a or b, but it does get that flavor(more ac30ish). Dynatube does basic amps very well. it's not a high gain amp, for that i'd use a pedal or, even better, Mojo.
dawman

Post by dawman »

pollux wrote:guitar rig 4 is ok.. much better than GR3.. as long as you take out all the crap from the patches and leave them as barebones as possible..:
Totally agree there. I love Kontakt but I have to disable and delete those hanus effects. It makes them appear as though they lack confidence in their sound. We always tested keyboards and samplers in the '80's/'90's by deleting the effects then auditioning the filters and DAC's. Roland S770 was the best dry instrument I ever heard.
garyb wrote: i'm not gonna say it's exactly like amp a or b, but it does get that flavor(more ac30ish). Dynatube does basic amps very well. it's not a high gain amp, for that i'd use a pedal or, even better, Mojo.
That's close enough for me. MoJo is just fine but reminds me of the Mesa Boogies I have worked around for a while. Lot's of bite. I barely use the drive, and when I do I have to tame down the highs, well for keyboards. I am sure this is just what the doctor ordered for pick-up instruments though.
katano

Post by katano »

Hi all,

just want to tell you, I asked Softube a week ago if they'll support Dynatube on Xite-1 in the future. This is the answer I've got from Niklas today:

Hi Roman, we have just heard from Sonic-Core that they apparently have solved the problem, so I would expect them to announce an update to Scope within short. Cheers, Niklas

So stay tuned 8)

However, I sold my last pro card and my dynatubes are gone :x :evil: :P

Cheers,
Roman