Any particular graphics card with Xite-1?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

auricle

Any particular graphics card with Xite-1?

Post by auricle »

I'm putting together a new computer for DAW and Xite-1 use. It'll run Windows 7 32bit until 64bit drivers are available for Xite-1.

Are there any known compatibility issues with brands of graphics cards and the Xite-1? Or doesn't it matter?

Thanks
garyb

Re: Any particular graphics card with Xite-1?

Post by garyb »

it's not super critical. i wouldn't get the most awesome gaming card for a daw. such a card would be a waste of money. i suggest a lower to mid priced n-vidia card, the work great and are cheap. there's really not much benefit to spending much over $100 and a $75 card works just fine, unless the computer's for hard core gaming. i usually use EVGA and have never had a problem. Matrox is always a good choice, too.
auricle

Post by auricle »

garyb wrote:it's not super critical. i wouldn't get the most awesome gaming card for a daw. such a card would be a waste of money. i suggest a lower to mid priced n-vidia card, the work great and are cheap. there's really not much benefit to spending much over $100 and a $75 card works just fine, unless the computer's for hard core gaming. i usually use EVGA and have never had a problem. Matrox is always a good choice, too.
Thanks Gary. I'm glad that there's no major issues :)
pollux

Post by pollux »

I use a good old matrox with triple head output :D
wouldn't change it for any multi-giga-octo-sli-cuda-hovercraft-fanned nvidia :lol: