Prowave Modular 4 XITE-1

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Prowave Modular 4 XITE-1

Post by dawman »

I apologize for not getting to this sooner, but I lost the Solaris & Prowave Modulars and haven't got around to getting back to checking them out.
This already works fine after the first try, thanks Brotha' Man Tau.. :wink:
This is a very heavy patch and it can get 5 voice polyphony, so with better programming skills by learning how to incorporate the PolyMod Section better, I can use leass modules keeping the C4T and the custom Wavetable Oscillator, which BTW is also an awesome Oscillator.
I will still send a patch or so to Ralf and maybe get the DSP consumption down a little more.
It uses 2 x new chips.. :o That's a Scope Pro Type II.

CiaoMein.
PROWAVE MODULAR.JPG
Tau

Re: Prowave Modular 4 XITE-1

Post by Tau »

Jimmy, I sometimes get the feeling that you do more for promoting and perfecting the XITE than many an S|C employee :P

I have to say I admire your enthusiasm and persistence. So thank you.

Cheers

T
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

well, someone has to do it. Someone has to try to push the envelope.

Yes, much appreciated.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
auricle

Post by auricle »

That looks awesome. AARGH!! I can't wait much longer - my Xite-1 is still being shipped!!
dawman

Post by dawman »

What's cool is the way the C4T's are designed. You can bypass, or mix the muliple I/O's the Oscillators provide.
In the Prowave's 2 x Oscillator slots I have a Waldorf Pair II, and the Rotor packed w/ 4 x Oscillators.
All in all 13 Oscillators. Using all at once is insane, but the Rotor crossfades through 4 Osc's, the Waldorf is 2 more, and then the combinations from the C4T's and the 3 Osc. Morph can get really authentic Analog Polysynth sounds of a wide variety. The CM2 Flexor Detune module is used via the SpaceF CC device, so the tuning can be modulated via an expression pedal, or another LFOtoMIDI KHz rate.
I will do a snippet when I get back to Vegas.
Assaf and Roys manuals have helped me grasp the Modular concept, and it is addicting. But having Prowave as a starting point is the icing on the cake.
If I can get this optimized to use 8-10 voices I already have a Sine Piano that is so beautiful and cuts big time. It is the same sound that the preset from Solaris called Muhalland Falls is only much bigger and more unique.
This synth was made for the XITE-1's massive DSP power. I think the C4T's are what's keeping the poly at 5 voices. If Ralf can do his magic on those this will be the only synth I will need other than my Analog. It just has so many sonic possibilites.
dawman

Post by dawman »

What about this FAT BASTARD...........
You know, I have been trying to make a giant Modular Patch myself, and with Prowave there just is no need.
These C4T Oscillators are just incredibly FAT and mixed w/ PWave it's an all in one synth.
Here's just a Saw from each C4T and and a pair of CEM Osc's from PWave.
01-091023_1910.mp3
Now I am trying to figure out an easy way to have the Waldorf Oscillators added by using an expression pedal. It's a great day for Scope synths down here in Mexico...... :D