XITE-1 No.3 at Thomann Sales Ranking

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Fluxpod

Re: XITE-1 No.3 at Thomann Sales Ranking

Post by Fluxpod »

garyb wrote:yeah, like decent sales is meaningless...

it would be great if the homo superiosis wouldn't spend so much time trying to rain on the homo sapiens' joy....
How accurat is this? Its nice to see,but thats about it. :wink:
garyb

Post by garyb »

reflex wrote:
garyb wrote:It would be great if the homo superiosis wouldn't spend so much time trying to rain on the homo sapiens' joy....
Wow. Where did that come from? You seemed like such a nice guy at NAMM. :-?

:lol:
i am a nice guy, really! well, usually...

after everything that Scope has been through, there's just no need for negativity that's strictly for negativity's sake. there's no need to dampen anyone's enthusiasm. my comment wasn't mean or cruel. i just asked the all knowing superior beings to have pity on the human beings. it's a pretty small matter, really. :) if i am sticking out my tongue, i don't think it's very damaging to anybody, and anyone who would be insulted by it probably was a little bit harsh themselves, so everyone should just laugh and move on.

i agree. being No.3 at Thomann doesn't mean much, but it does mean that the product is doing ok, and that's the best news that a Scope lover can hear.
katano

Post by katano »

garyb wrote:
reflex wrote:
garyb wrote:It would be great if the homo superiosis wouldn't spend so much time trying to rain on the homo sapiens' joy....
Wow. Where did that come from? You seemed like such a nice guy at NAMM. :-?

i am a nice guy, really! well, usually...

after everything that Scope has been through, there's just no need for negativity that's strictly for negativity's sake. there's no need to dampen anyone's enthusiasm. my comment wasn't mean or cruel. i just asked the all knowing superior beings to have pity on the human beings. it's a pretty small matter, really. :) if i am sticking out my tongue, i don't think it's very damaging to anybody, and anyone who would be insulted by it probably was a little bit harsh themselves, so everyone should just laugh and move on.

i agree. being No.3 at Thomann doesn't mean much, but it does mean that the product is doing ok, and that's the best news that a Scope lover can hear.
+1 :)
dawman

Post by dawman »

I enjoy seeing guys who don't yet own an XITE-1 engaging in the thread.
It shows interest in the product regardless of the comments.
Sad and discouraging news is better than no news.
The Jack Ass Kayne West is proof of that.
His drunken stupidity brought more attention to Taylor Swift than she ever imagined, and while she cried and he stumbled around with his bottle of Hennesey Cognac, her popularity has risen to new heights of success.
So all opinions are acceptable and welcomed.
And someday in a couple of years, the prices will drop, or a mini XITE-1 will be available, and maybe we can even have the outrageous prices of famous developers plugs here too......I won't be needing those in Scope, if I wanted them, I would have bought a TC6000 or UAD card.
Hey maybe those guys can hire Klaus to make some synths, and he can charge ridiculous prices, boosting SC's value even more.......So many possibilities... :D
reflex

Post by reflex »

garyb wrote:i am a nice guy, really! well, usually... after everything that Scope has been through, there's just no need for negativity that's strictly for negativity's sake. there's no need to dampen anyone's enthusiasm.
Point well taken.

I'm really impressed with what S|C has achieved. The awkward thing about my enthusiasm is that their new product is out of my price range, so I'll continue using my PCI setup until the release of an XITE-Lite.
garyb

Post by garyb »

why should it be affordable for everyone? it's still the cheapest solution out there, for what you get, by a factor of almost 10. anyone who is even the slightest bit serious about music production can afford one or can save for one.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Yes, the cost offset against otherwise buying all the extra individual hardware (or VST) solutions was a no-brainer for me.

Fot it's cost I got all the synths, compressors, eq's, multiple mixer configurations, I/O routing schemes, and other devices that would've otherwise cost a lot more (and taken up a lot more room in my studio).

Perhaps SC could put the equivalent of the 6-DSP system in a box and call it a 'lite' version - that would be cool - but I consider Xite to be a very good deal (that's already paid for itself in the past few months :wink: ).

Greg
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

siriusbliss wrote:Yes, the cost offset against otherwise buying all the extra individual hardware (or VST) solutions was a no-brainer for me.

Fot it's cost I got all the synths, compressors, eq's, multiple mixer configurations, I/O routing schemes, and other devices that would've otherwise cost a lot more (and taken up a lot more room in my studio).

Perhaps SC could put the equivalent of the 6-DSP system in a box and call it a 'lite' version - that would be cool - but I consider Xite to be a very good deal (that's already paid for itself in the past few months :wink: ).

Greg

Xite can also help pay for itself cause it may allow for one to sell alot of hardware and software they already own to pay for it.

That said i look forward to a XITE-Lite and believe it will expand the customer base to a greater extent as Reflex pointed out. I'd more then likely buy one myself if the price and power ratio is right.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

+1 with the XITE-Lite. I'm repeating myself...BUT, without a new SDK for the evil geniuses like the ones that make devs for all of us today...that user segment might (and I say might) not have access to the great work provided freely to us from so many great developers...roy, Neutron, etc etc...and may be encourage other developers from the past, to re-join in developing new things for Scope...just a thought... :wink: I know there are many of you out there that have and will continue to develop great things for Scope (and I'm sorry if I did not mention you by name)
Thanking all of you developers in advance.... :)
Joel
reflex

Post by reflex »

garyb wrote:why should it be affordable for everyone? it's still the cheapest solution out there, for what you get, by a factor of almost 10. anyone who is even the slightest bit serious about music production can afford one or can save for one.
My annual budget for gear is $1200. With a young family, money is always needed elsewhere. So far this year, I've spent just over $150 on software. That means I've got at least three more years to save before I can get my hands on an XITE-1. Of course, in the real world I'll end up having to replace/upgrade existing stuff and it'll take longer.
garyb

Post by garyb »

reflex wrote:
garyb wrote:why should it be affordable for everyone? it's still the cheapest solution out there, for what you get, by a factor of almost 10. anyone who is even the slightest bit serious about music production can afford one or can save for one.
My annual budget for gear is $1200. With a young family, money is always needed elsewhere. So far this year, I've spent just over $150 on software. That means I've got at least three more years to save before I can get my hands on an XITE-1. Of course, in the real world I'll end up having to replace/upgrade existing stuff and it'll take longer.

sure, but there are still pci cards!
i'm not saying a cheaper pci-e product wouldn't be a good thing. i'm sure that it will happen. the regular Scope cards are still great, i still use them!

XITE is VERY cheap, a great buy. it's priced well, actually the cheapest thing on the market by a long stretch if function is factored in. anyone who is serious about gear wouldn't find it overpriced in the least and that's why i made the comment i did, not because i don't think you should be able to afford it. also, what's wrong with saving for 3 years to get something really great?
katano

Post by katano »

Even though Xite-1 is relatively cheap for what it offers, for me it's about spending the whole lot at one time. It's like buying a new car, you have to safe money in advance to be able to buy the car of your dreams, haven't you?

Having bought almost every plugin (beside my former 3 scope pros and the A16u) over the last 4 years, I'm quite sure I spent over 7000 Euro for the whole creamware/soniccore stuff. It was nice to have a growing setup, expandable when needed.

So I'd definitely prefer to buy a Xite-Light for half the price and expand it later with a second one via stdm connector.
CAN YOU HEAR ME SONIC|CORE?? :D

Conclusion: As economics are bad even in Switzerland, no Xite-1 for me this year :cry:

Cheers
Roman
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

katano wrote:So I'd definitely prefer to buy a Xite-Light for half the price and expand it later with a second one via stdm connector.
CAN YOU HEAR ME SONIC|CORE?? :D
I'm sure they heard you (and me as well), but why would they screw XITE-1 sales right now? ;)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

stardust wrote:And I agree that a new free and professional SDK version is essential in the future as well....soon.
"upcoming". it is "upcoming" now. everybody at the count of three: "upcoming" :D
--
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

--
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Sounddesigner wrote:
reflex wrote:Umm. Scoring #3 in the DSP audio systems category is like having the third best selling New Age Bagpipe album on iTunes. ;)

Some of the items on that list above don't cost too much but XITE-1 is a pricey item. Really large sales usually don't go to pricey high-end items. The above list may be a very good sign since XITE-1 is doing better then popular and far more affordable/less-costly solutions. But no one know for sure about XITE's success or not but S|C.

PS. A vsti developer selling $100 synthesizers need to have a very large amount of sales to compete with a smaller number of XITE's sold. Cheaper items need larger sales and have a chance at more items sold then costly products just cause they're more affordable to many people (but larger sells then high-priced items don't neccesarily mean more success if they are'nt large enough). You may think that the DSP Systems sales are'nt too great but i assure you there is VERY good reasons UA did'nt go Native and released $1400 hardware instead :) . Hardware is what they like to sell for several reasons and money being one.

EDITED:

I found some interesting statistics to add to my post. Universal Audio claims they're UAD Platform is the second best selling audio platform in existence and that they have recently reached a milestone and now have over 30,000 users. 30,000 users is quite impressive when we look at the whole picture.
The cheapest uad card is around $500 and the UAD-2 OmniQuad is about $4000, but keep in mind when the old uad-1 was first released it ran for about $1000 iirc. Also keep in mind that many of the users are constantly buying more add-on software plugins aswell. I don't know if they are counting cards sold or registered users, cause if it is the latter then some users have more then one card. Uad is still at the height of its popularity so i expect its userbase will continue to increase to a large extent..Then there is Protools wich UA claims to be second to. So Protools is number one in terms of userbase size and overall sales for audio platforms. I don't have protools statistics but i can only imagine they have quite a large userbase, and protools is not cheap by far. Digidesign also sells lots of add-on software plugins for their dsp platform and have a heavy TDM tax for developers/users. Here's the link to UA's claim - http://www.uaudio.com/webzine/2009/june/new.html

EDITED: UAD-2 Omni Quad costs $4000 not $3500.
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:11 am, edited 8 times in total.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

And what do you get with UAD as compared to Scope/Xite?

Seems that with all the synths, routing, and extra doodads, that Scope may be the better deal.

I like UAD devices and their quality, but I still think that Xite, with little or no marketing, supposedly being #3 is not a bad deal overall.

Greg
JoPo

Post by JoPo »

!!! There is a difference of 200€ between France and England !! In France the VAT is higher so I paid 2855 to Thomann for my Xite ! Try to see the price by way of the French flag ! And I thought that it was a good deal !
I do not know how that would have taken place if I had ordered at Thomann england... I guess Thomann must pay the VAT from the country they send there parcels...
> > > > > > > > > > > > --- Musica --> here ! ---< < < < < < < < < < < <
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

:D
Last edited by Warp69 on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

+99! warp69!