Loading Discovery

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Loading Discovery

Post by dawman »

This demonstrates the ease of use XITE-1 is when the loads are thought out in advance.
I am using 3 x Synths that span across DSP's. And it's a large template with QWave, Prowave, 2 x XOR's, B2003, the SpaceF MultiSynth using 3 x MIDI Channels, 4 x Modulars and SpaceF's MiniHost.
I can load up tons of stuff as long as I know which synths are spanning DSP's, and make sure when I load the project those synths are set at their maximum voices prior to spanning.
QWave is 4 voices, and the same with Prowave, so once loaded I raise their polyphony to 6.
Then I go to SpaceF's MultiSynth and raise the polyphony on 2 of the synths to their needed levels which is 4 voices on 2 x parts and mono bass on the 3rd.
2 weeks ago I couldn't even use MultiSynth, thanks to SC & Ralf D., the SpaceF stuff is now starting to be added to my projects.
The Legacy MiniHost synth shell is packed w/ RDII, Flexor & SpaceF Satellites too.
I have everything I need as far as effects go in the Mixer, but I am going to start experimenting with effects and the mixer now just to see how far I can go.
It's sure a nice day in XITE-1 world.......... :D I still have 3 x unused DSP's and room for more stuff on 5 DSP's. Pretty serious loads for 50%.
untitled.JPG
Ben Walker

Re: Loading Discovery

Post by Ben Walker »

What's Volcano?
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Can you squeeze a Solaris in there too?
Joel
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Ben Walker wrote:What's Volcano?
It's a "stripped" version of multisynth. This one has 2 synths instead of 3 synths and noise synth on the multisynth full version.

http://www.spacef-devices.com/index.php ... tions.html
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's what I think I will be using instead of the big Multisynth WS4-MKII.
Serenity & Volcano, which are both WS2's.
The advantage is easier placemnet and loading, plus I can use my 2 x Analog rackmounts.
One for Bass and one for lead, and then the 2 WS2's would be 2, 2 part layers on the keyboards. The fact I have 6 x Lfo's on each WS2 and have the MB4-II and both synths hooked up w/ the Panel connectors is just classy.
I can have my mixer in the window,and then call up either synth by hitting panel 1/2 or 3.

When the DSP meter starts to edge it's way near the 90% mark, that is when we we be fully optimized. I am still running into trouble around 55-60%. But still I am loading way more than I can possibly use live. But it's great to have QWave, Prowave and a MiniHost just hanging out waiting to be used.
I recently packed up Wolf's 32 Channel mixer and had all 4 x Modular devices I use connected.
I can see how 64bit drivers and the ASIO 64 Source module will work.
But I really do need more MIDI via XTDM to have these Movie Scoring sized templates.
String Sections using Divisi with PC slaves is right around the corner.
untitled.JPG
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

huh?
You lost me somewhere...

What's Serenity & Volcano? / WS2
What's Divisi?

By the way, I don't think STDM is going to happen between PCI and Xite. Ralf says that the cables may be too long.
So, unless you're planning on getting another Xite and STDM'ing the two together (insane), then it may not happen.

Here's my mondo synth project so far. Most synths have 5 voices.

Greg
Attachments
Xite_synths2.JPG
Xite_synths2.JPG (181.59 KiB) Viewed 2006 times
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

Divisi String Sections .........http://www.filmmusicmag.com/?p=3641

Volcano and Serenity are 2 x 2 part MIDI synths. MultiSynth is a giant 4 x part BASTARD.
The 2 x part synths are cool because I can have more analog inputs.
Each one is a complete project in itself, as it has 3 x AUX channels for effects.

Here's the SpaceF FP106C vrs. 1.6 with all the effects I need.
Each channel has a FAT Valve effect or it's own 5 band EQ.
then I use the AUX Delay, and 2 x different Reverbs on the AUX's.
Each AUX has 2 inserts which I use for EQ's along with the reverbs, and a chorus for the Delay.
Then all channels can be modulated/panned/filtered w/ Mehdi's 3LFO and LFO EF devices.
2 x seperate MIDI channels to control inserts,
and one for the surface which is vast combinations of sub presets and controls.
A rather incredible Live mixer.
All mixers seem to like DSP #8 now since the last upgrade.
untitled.JPG
dawman

Post by dawman »

I decided to not give up with different combinarions of loads, and I have created some extreme results, that are repeatable.
I load up a mixer, w/o effects, then the B2003 or an XOR or any synth that uses 2300-3500 using it's default settings.
Then I add the mixers effects and keep it on a single chip.
Then load Prowave or QWave SE and it loads in on chip #16.
I then assign it to # 18 while it is low in poly.
Once it is on #18 I un-assign ( clear ) it and start adding polyphony.
It doesn't span DSP's but rather loads and loads and loads.
I have 7 voices on a single chip, and I am using Osciallator Pairs and Custom Filters too.
Take a look at these numbers and see if you can repeat this on your XITE-1 using synths w/ the same DSP needs. For Prowave I would use a large Modular Patch or Atze, but I can't get Atze to do more than 3 voices before it causes troubles, but it is a big hungry beast.
Anyway I can repeat this process over and over.
I just want to see if similar numbers can be reached on other XBox's.