August 10th Upgrade...........Discoveries

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

siriusbliss

Re: August 10th Upgrade...........Discoveries

Post by siriusbliss »

I think the long loads, and necessary optimizations are two things that S/C should be working on.

However, loading full projects, with big mixers, lots of I/O routing in/out of Samplitude (or occasionally Live), and many in-line effects are loading very fast now.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
rhythmaster

SBS404 plays only the first sequence

Post by rhythmaster »

SBS404 plays only the first sequence of the step editor if when another is selected.
in SCOPE 4.5 it was O.K.

SONICCORE: please fix

H.
XITE-1, Cubase Pro 10.5 - WIN 10 64-bit
http://www.seismofunk.com
rhythmaster

MINISCOPE MK II is still a ghost-plugin!!!!!

Post by rhythmaster »

MINISCOPE MK II is still a ghost-plugin!!!!!
XITE-1, Cubase Pro 10.5 - WIN 10 64-bit
http://www.seismofunk.com
dawman

Post by dawman »

I don't have to click on the shortcut anymore.
Scope loads on start up and has the little icon on the lower taskbar............. :roll:
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I have Scope in the Start Up menu...so it loads when I start the PC...It all ways has for me... :wink: ..probably from the old install from the CW Pulsar install...
Joel
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Having PCI AND Xite gives me BOTH icons in the taskbar - just can't tell which is which. Just have to remember the Xite icon is the one on the right. :wink:

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

hard nips right now...THANX Guys and else alike!... :lol:
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

Here's even more discoveries.
I do not like pushing it but 7000 can be achieved in the left DSP Meter column now.
I won't go there but that's a 1st timer for me.
Below the FP104 is packed up and working on DSP #7.
I couldn't do this before, so this is very festive for me. The difference in sound live is quite noticable as I keep my cabinets 15 feet apart if possible. In this way I can have a heavier AUX effect panned more to either side. I do not like both cabinets sounding the same as I use serious motion in my mixes.
The B2003 is on DSP #8. It now only uses 35-40% of a single chip.
XOR's are saved and loaded with Polyphony stored on DSP # 9 and #10.
But here's the weird part. Prowave comes loaded on DSP #17....? Usually came in at 18 and I would raise the poly from 2 to 6 and watched as it spanned the DSP chips making me quite nervous as I cannot assign DSP's once it leaves the size of a single chip.
When raising the poly from 2 to 3 on DSP #17 I got the optimize window,and it wouldn't allow me to add polyphony..........WTF $^^^&^(....?????
So I assigned Prowave to DSP #18 where I usually start with it, Unassigned it at it's 2 voice setting, then raised the poly to 3, 4,5 then 6.
With 6 voices it started spanning the DSP's.
So I went back to 5 voices and assigned it to DSP #18. It stored and worked. So I then saved the project and reloaded.....Voila.
Prowave using RDII Modules, Flexor Filters and SpaceF Satellites would never allow more than 3 voices. Now I can have 5 voices and assign it, store it and reload.
To Hell with the 6th voice, it was only a way for me to keep my Envelopes running free and not have any voice stealing, I can work around that.
This is no minor upgrade IMHO.
I can now load Flexors, QWave and Solaris to the same project w/o all of the damn voice tricks.
untitled.JPG
RP_001

Post by RP_001 »

Great news! What about the high Async number on the right column?

Is there any value which i shouldnt get above?

I sometimes get these very high numbers in the right column, mostly DSP#7 with mixer+effects loaded.
cortone

Post by cortone »

Jimmy,

Are you assigning all of your devices to DSPs? Do you un-assign anything that might overflow DSPs? Have you assigned more than one thing to the same DSP, like B2003 and something else that wouldn't be a big load?

Interesting tip about not being able to re-assign once a device is spanning DSPs, that may explain some of the problems I've hadwhen assigning.

Thanks,
Cory
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I wish SC would add a list of which DSP's are assigned to which in the browser or DSP monitor window, so that when older projects (a year from now) are opened, we can reverse-engineer which device is what (i.e. Atze assigned to DSP12, but distributed amongst 10 and 11, etc.).

I've finally had good luck manually assigning separate DSP's to each device when I bring it in, watch the distribution when adding voices, etc. but then things get interesting when doing dense bus routing to/from the mixers.

Nevertheless I've built a large project with every synth I have, with 4 or 5 voices each, and some effects that can be aux'd in when needed.

Greg
dawman

Post by dawman »

cortone wrote:Jimmy,

Are you assigning all of your devices to DSPs? Do you un-assign anything that might overflow DSPs? Have you assigned more than one thing to the same DSP, like B2003 and something else that wouldn't be a big load?

Interesting tip about not being able to re-assign once a device is spanning DSPs, that may explain some of the problems I've had when assigning.

Thanks,
Cory
Yes I am assigning everything. This prevents overflow when building a project.
I do this with big synths to tame them. But when more voices are needed, I have to unassign the DSP again once I have placed it out of the way.

Yes, I assign the B2003 and an XOR to the same chip. The XOR could only have 3 voices w/ a 2-voice unison setting for leads & Bass.

We have no devices made to use the 768MB of RAM that is in our boxes. I am quite confident some timed based Delays and Reverbs will be coming.
These devices will be Equal to hardware units. And more than one obviously as the sheer amount of RAM dictates.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I just now see a new pattern emerging here too.
If a large synth can find room on a DSP that is already half occupied by B 2003 or a mixer, it will shamelessly take that spot.
So I have learned to fill all DSP chips up as much as possible before loading a synth that spans multiple DSP's.
It will not ask for opimizations, but just take the available space on a DSP chip before it fills a vacant chip.
That's pretty sophisticated programming IMHO.
I know this wasn't happening prior to August 10th.