August 10th Upgrade...........Discoveries

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

August 10th Upgrade...........Discoveries

Post by dawman »

I can load way more polyphony.
I can change presets during a song again and even with 50% more polyphony.
It feels similar to when I went from the P4 3.4EE to the E6800, WBTW I am using again because it's quiet and is better for live work.
The E8600 just runs too hot and makes my fan scream, and I do not the power.
I can load up more synths, effects and mixers in the project window.
I prefer keeping a mixer and all of it's effects on a single DSP maxxed out.
Since I really don't need EQ's that much I prefer FAT inserts and other forms of seperation by AUX mixing.

Thanks Ralf D., Ralf B., Holger, Klaus & Jorgen....................The Trained Professionals... :wink:
dawman

Re: August 10th Upgrade...........Discoveries

Post by dawman »

It appears as though I was wrong.
After proper DSP placements and loading 2 voices at a time I can max out QWave.
This is insane.
I will use this 4 x MIDI channels and have an incredible amount of power.
I never need more than 4 voices so this is perfect.
untitled.JPG
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Thats cute. Maxing out Qwave. I remember I couldnt load some presets on my cards cause of DSP/PCI errors :D

How much do you get with 2 Qwave's ? :P
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

just installed the new pci version this morning.
Started the new scope.. everything looks the same.. started reaper - - everything crashed!! weird grey/black screen!

Restarted computer
did the same thing.. everything worked fine!!!

I have to dig deeper when i have time and see if there are any visible changes to pci version software. It seems like i can load the same amount of ect..

But it works!
( i wonder why SC dont announce anything??)

to be continued :)
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

the19thbear wrote:just installed the new pci version this morning.
Started the new scope.. everything looks the same.. started reaper - - everything crashed!! weird grey/black screen!
Did you restart your PC before doing starting Reaper?
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
dawman

Post by dawman »

No need for further Cock Measuring, XITE-1 is sick with power it's a known fact.
But here's a jpeg of the project I have been waiting for, and still I have immense DSP power left, for what I don't know. Maybe 96k/5.1 down the road.
But I have 3 x Modulars
2 x XOR's w/ 5 voices each
2 x QWave 's 6 voices each
Prowave w/ 7 voices
SC B2003
External Analog Synths
STM1632 X w/ 4 x AUX's packed. SC Ambience X's, SC Plate X, DAS 224 & SpaceF AUX Del.
Channels. 6 x SC Master Chorus, 3 x Polteq EQ, 4 x SSB Modulator.
Master Effects. Stereo Expander, DAS C350 Channel Strip.
I still can't get above 50% power but have much more polyphony, so obviously this was a serious polyphony booster for XITE-1.
Also noticed the same effects in the mixer are showing lower numbers in left column of the DSP Meter.
What about them FAT BASTARDS............?
untitled.JPG
I need to upgrade before long for better sample playback capabilities. But I am definately not interested in anything that has not already been proven to work. This flimsy, meger DP35DP has been a real workhorse for Scope DSP cards and the XITE-1. I believe it to be the new motherboard that was as popular as the 865PERL was. I have never even had a hiccup from this beast for years and I beat these Bastards to death nightly.
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

Du har ret immanuel! jeg havde ikke genstartet 8)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

Xite will be heaven :) So much powerrrrrrrrrrr
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

the19thbear wrote:Du har ret immanuel! jeg havde ikke genstartet 8)
Ah, but you did get the message, that you had to restart your PC before use - right :wink:
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Previous project using the same Mixer Preset was created to use on a single chip.
It seemed as though the maximum load was 6500, and I had 6300. Adding another Reverb or DSP heavy type of effect would cause DSP spillover onto a second chip.
Now I have the same Mixer preset being used and showing 3455 on chip # 7. That's like 2900+ more headroom now.
This appears to be great news for the heavy mixer guys too.
My Default project has the Mixer + Effects on DSP chip # 7.
All Modular/MIDI controls, and I/O Modules get Chip # 8.
Anything new is loaded on the highest numbered chips.
untitled.JPG
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

wow.. im sending good vibes to you! :) :) :) :) :)
i meant that in a "smile and the world will smile back" - kinda way :)
Last edited by the19thbear on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I'll confirm seemingly faster loading of big synths.
I've been able to load projects with synth voices already assigned, and was able to redirect DSP assignment without DSP warnings. (Still testing).

Loaded up a big PCI project with two mixers, psyQ, and even bxDigital with no additional or new issues.

So, you can sense some DSP tweaking in the background that has been stabilized.

Still verifying overall DSP distribution as it relates to the DSP meter vs. optimization, etc.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
cortone

Post by cortone »

Yes, I am seeing more stability with large synths and polyphony counts too. BiOsc4 would frequently give me DSP Opt. errors when I used high poly and switched presets. It is much less likely to do so with the new update.

Cory
dawman

Post by dawman »

Can either of you chaps verify that the AUX Rack isn't working properly..?
I get no audio from it, and when I load SSB Modulator it asks for registration, and naturually that has already been loaded on start-up. My keys are all fine, but occasionally when I load up MultiFX or AUX Rack, I get troubles. Multi FX works the best but, occassionally on presets w/ all slots filled I get the rgy. crap.

Thanks In Advance.
cortone

Post by cortone »

Jimmy,

I was able to load both MultiFX and AuxRack, and max them out with effects. I saved the presets, removed them and added them back in with the preset with no problem. I did this a couple of times. I hear audio, and don't get a key request. My project wasn't as heavily loaded as yours are, so don't know if that's a factor. I was also able to load the SSB Modulator with no key request.

Cory
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Cory.

I like the way everyones rig has it's own quirk's..
I don't really need such tools these days, but I do want to keep a compiled list of devices or modules that aren't functioning on my particular set-up.
I am definately happy with the extra synth juice, and glad that all of us concur.
Having QWave w/ 16 voices is cool, but actually I like using 8 for FM type of EPianos.
6 voices cuts the envelopes too soon, so 7 or 8 is perfect.
Using the 4 x AUX's I can create nice panning tricks and have seperate effects per MIDI channel, or instance.
And QWave does incredible FM EPianos, as well as several types of synthesis.
01-090813_1053.mp3
untitledaa.JPG
cortone

Post by cortone »

It seems that the problem lies more with the key verification than with a specific device, which may explain why it varies from unit to unit. Do you get this consistently, or does it jump around some? It may be worse with really high polyphony loads, which I'll test out when I can.

I have keys for all my 3rd party plugs as of this morning, so will be having tons of fun testing those out. SpaceF's BiOsc4 was the only 'big' synth I've had to work with, none of the default ones even made a hint of a DSP overload, even at huge poly settings. I may see more as I get Solaris cranking alongside a slew of effects and Mehdi's FP mixers.

Fun fun fun, and Daddy can't take my T-bird away...

Cheers,
Cory
dawman

Post by dawman »

I only get it when loading SSB Modulator inside of the racked effects.
As an insert in mixers, etc. it never is a problem.
No biggie, I will learn as I go along.
I spend so much time w/ XITE-1 that I have my dumbell sets next to the racks. When long loads and optimizations are needed, or just a break I grab them and get the muscles jumping.

I have also learned a neat little trick from GaryB. When you want to reload the DSP's w/o having to overload them just to get the optimization window, you change the samplerate back and forth............Coolness.. :wink:

CiaoMein.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I think the long loads, and necessary optimizations are two things that S/C should be working on.

However, loading full projects, with big mixers, lots of I/O routing in/out of Samplitude (or occasionally Live), and many in-line effects are loading very fast now.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
rhythmaster

SBS404 plays only the first sequence

Post by rhythmaster »

SBS404 plays only the first sequence of the step editor if when another is selected.
in SCOPE 4.5 it was O.K.

SONICCORE: please fix

H.
XITE-1, Cubase Pro 10.5 - WIN 10 64-bit
http://www.seismofunk.com