Assigning DSP's

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re: Assigning DSP's

Post by dawman »

Yes they do.
STS has an amazing amount of support in the conversion utility world.
Having this either stream, or be a 64bit RAM Sampler would be great.
It sounds close to Giga quality, and definately more oooommph than Kontakt.
Kontakt is the last app standing so if you want a variety of content you have no choice.
The sound engine is typically NI-ish and thin, but w/ some help from Scope I got it to sound pretty good.
I'm just not use to having to add color or juice to a sampler.
If I could find a soft sampler w/ sound like the Rolnad S770 I would pay dearly for that.
You'd think w/ 8 core rigs this would have been done by now, but 64bit took them a year and half longer than said.
I feel sorry for developers that have to chase M$ & Apple around. Must be a lot of work just to find out there's another new version to raise revenues..... :(
STS 5000 seems to have some really great features like stretching, etc. Pretty cool for 2002, but that was then.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

I agree. Would be great as a streamer or long-loop sampler.
We have the overhead now.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I like the way they sound.....especially for the kind of work/noise I do in the studio.
Load the samples, and use that project as a great starting point with TONS of drum sounds & loops. I have also found (without getting too OT) that inserting the Graphic EQ on a channel does wonders for loops & drums in general.... :wink:
Joel