How many XITE-1's out there?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Bud Weiser

Re: How many XITE-1's out there?

Post by Bud Weiser »

HUROLURA wrote: What about scope rise subscriber figures ?
:lol:
dante

Post by dante »

About 150. Probably about 0.001% of all Scope users :lol:
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Maybe you could make a survey among this crowd of subscribers about their setup, since how long they use scope, and what they most miss ...
dante

Post by dante »

Could do - but not sure how to make it web based with my limited web tools. Maybe I'll make something up then worry about deployment later.

One thing I know is, everytime I bounce the 'ScopeRise Live Now Needs Subscribers' topic, I get 2 or 3 more subscribers.

So from that I suspect there must be a large pool of casual visitors to this site who dont visit regularly. Lets say only 1 in 10 subscribe, that means 20 or 30 'casual' pop-ins every day that only come once in a blue moon. So there could be a big unknown userbase out there.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I got mine today. They didn't send a notification, when they shipped it, so I was starting to get anxious, because I need it for this Saturday. Boy, was I happy when it arrived at the door :)
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Immanuel wrote:I got mine today. They didn't send a notification, when they shipped it, so I was starting to get anxious, because I need it for this Saturday. Boy, was I happy when it arrived at the door :)
Congrats Immanuel !
Hope you get it set up quickly and it does it´s job already on saturday.
Keep us informed w/ your experiences ...

best and lots of success

Bud
petal

Post by petal »

Immanuel wrote:I got mine today. They didn't send a notification, when they shipped it, so I was starting to get anxious, because I need it for this Saturday. Boy, was I happy when it arrived at the door :)
Congratulation - That sure is good news indeed. I'm eagerly awaiting to receive my own, but havn't received any notification yet. Could you please tell me how they shipped it to you, through "Post Danmark" or "some other" transport company?

Cheers,
Thomas
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

They used DHL for shipping. I had some trouble, but I think it had to do a (perhaps?) not fully inserted expresscard - and later with bitdefender antivirus.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, it's very easy to not have the card all the way down.
petal

Post by petal »

OK - thank you for the info and good luck with your new XITE :)
dante

Post by dante »

Congrats Immanuel - you're not the only one to get thiers recently so the production lines must be caught up now and fully rollin !
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Congrats, so 51 users here now or ... no Dante is also not on the list so 52 !!! :)

Just think there or not that much Xite -1D vs Xite-1 users, probably less than 10% actually.
Either people jumped onboard before the Xite-1D release, or they (like I did) decided to wait a little more and save more money to get the full high end model because of price to power ratio.
I did already learned the DSP addiction from my Scope PCI use so I decided I should choose the biggest one ...

Ben, we need you to upgrade the list :D
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

HUROLURA wrote: I did already learned the DSP addiction from my Scope PCI use so I decided I should choose the biggest one ...

Ben, we need you to upgrade the list :D
When XTDM link mode will work in future, it will become interesting who´s buying a 2nd one and which,- XITE-1 or XITE-1D.

:wink:

Bud
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I just looked at the list, and I'm not on it either.

XITE-1

SCOPE 5.1 (all that entails)
+ mod IV
+ modular mixer (spacef)
+ Dynomic (G.O.S.T.)
+ Bass Amp Model - BAM (Celmo)
+ Dynatube Bass
+ Vintage EQ Bundle
+ FleXor III (Adern)
Bud Weiser

Post by Bud Weiser »

Immanuel wrote:They used DHL for shipping. I had some trouble, but I think it had to do a (perhaps?) not fully inserted expresscard - and later with bitdefender antivirus.
Immanuel, I´ve overread that post before ...

I had this prob too and when I built in my PCIe card, I recognized the slot bracket of the card was slightly bended/curved, so with the card tightened and the cable attached, the card slipped out of the PCIe slot a bit at it´s backside.

I didn´t bend the bracket not to lose warranty and fortunately I have card holders in my 19" rackmount case, long enough to fix the card in a desired position, but then there is a small gap between the bracket and case.
A washer helps.
You should double check for that behaviour because even you possibly use a tower case without card holders, the washer solves that prob.

1st I ignored that issue and I ran into many weird behaviour and warning messages of XITE, then after reassembling the card, removing the HDMI cable and attach it again (also on XITE) all was gone and never came back.

To be fair, I had this issue w/ a RME/NUENDO card too years before,- so I was warned.
Sometimes, build quality of the case is also not that precise.

It´s also a good idea and by reason of the weight of the cable, you fix it somewhere in the rack w/ cable ties and after you´ve found a position which doesn´t stress the cable/card and cable/XITE connections.

best

Bud
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Hi Bud :-)

So far, I only installed it in the laptop. So it was the expresscard - not the PCI expresscard - that wasn't fixed in the slot. Still, thanks for your reply. The information might come in useful later on :-)
Beacon

Post by Beacon »

Ah, and there is also me !!!
Everything smooth
petal

Post by petal »

I'm still waiting for mine. I was told they would ship it last week or this week, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Am I the only one still waiting or are there others in my situation?

And does anyone (gary ;) ) have any inside information about delivery status atm.?
garyb

Post by garyb »

they've been shipping out lately.
send an email to support mentioning your order number and i'll stick it in the correct mailbox with a note asking what the heck is up.
petal

Post by petal »

Thanks Gary!

Mail send to soniccore support - no swearing though ;)

Cheers,
Thomas