Cubase 4.0 w/ Gigastudio Drums

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Cubase 4.0 w/ Gigastudio Drums

Post by dawman »

Making drum tracks is Cubase 4.0 is very fast, and I have rolled back from 4.2 to 4.0 w/ Cubase as it was the source of my random drop outs.
Having that is great as now I can use Cubase 4.0 amd throw together some really fast drum tracks.
I also have the Quantizer plug in an insert slot that is similar to hardware as it is percentage based. This makes fancy hi-hats and press/buzz rolls a breeze.
So I figured with all of the power of the XITE-1 I could build a mixer from a basic 1632, and just keep adding plugs.
So for just a nice drum template I use the SC EQ's on all 16 channels, no sweat yet.
Then I realize that the AUX's on the 1632 aren't up to snuff with SpaceF or Wolf designs, but adding the Stereo XPander is a nifty work around as a Master Effect when coupled with the SPL Transcient Designer.
I like the STW Reverbs but for drums the DAS 224 is just perfect, again I couple it with the Early Reflector X. A pair of 224's and a pair Early Reflectors and I basically have all I need.
Below you can see the DSP assignment on the 7th chip and the whole entire mixer is only using 82% of it's strength. 6800 is about all they'll take.
Nice to know I could actually have a dozen such mixers simultaneously.
Someday when I grow up I can do 5.1 mixes in 96k.............. :roll:
This is heavenly as when I track I go direct out to the ASIO 2 Destination Module, but I monitor the drum tracks semi mastered.

untitled.JPG