Scope PCI and Scope Xite on the same machine

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

siriusbliss

Scope PCI and Scope Xite on the same machine

Post by siriusbliss »

A recent email from Ralf confirms that it IS possible to run Scope Xite and Scope PCI on the same PC:

you should have installed the actually Scope version for PCI ftp://sonic-core.net/software/scope5/
and the actually Scope version for XITE-1 : ftp://sonic-core.net/software/Xite/

First I installed the XITE-1 ( hard- and software ).
Than I installed the Scope Pci board ( hard- and software ).

You can run the Scope PCI software simultaneous with the Scope Xite-1 software.
It is possible to connect the hardwareinterfaces ( Midi, ADAT, analog ) of both hardwaredevices together.

I just haven't had a chance to get this to work yet on my main DAW PC, since my whole studio is torn apart during remodeling. I'm about 2 months behind schedule now, and getting really anxious to get this all running.

Anyone else get both running yet?

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Sounddesigner

Re: Scope PCI and Scope Xite on the same machine

Post by Sounddesigner »

Wow this is good news. I was thinking about selling my last scope pci card i have once i get my XITE-1 but since both can be used simultaneously in the same computer i may just keep the pci if i don't need cash too much. I have a feeling more people will be holding on to their pci's once they get XITE since this is possible.
rhythmaster

Post by rhythmaster »

I've tried even a more obscure scenario:

CUBASE 5 with XTC SFP 4.5 and XITE-1 at the same time.

It works!

I made no tweaks or something like that.

First I started Cubase and then XITE-1.

The Midi-Interfaces of XITE-1 are shown in Cubase. The next step is to get the Audio from one App to the other!

I keep on trying.

Harry
XITE-1, Cubase Pro 10.5 - WIN 10 64-bit
http://www.seismofunk.com
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is exciting, but I can't afford to try this and mess up my DAW.
I will wait for the final release and see how it works.
I would love to have extra MIDI and the extra DSP is no biggie but old unoptimized plugs work better in 4.5/5.0 PCI 32bit in some cases.
Now I can confirm my suspicions about the difference in sound quality I am hearing also.

Inch By Inch..............
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I'm in the same position...do I keep it, when the XITE arrives, for just a really expensive MIDI Interface and older Scope devs, or just bail on it and get myself a nice 4x4 or 8x8 external one?
Sounddesigner wrote:Wow this is good news. I was thinking about selling my last scope pci card i have once i get my XITE-1 but since both can be used simultaneously in the same computer i may just keep the pci if i don't need cash too much. I have a feeling more people will be holding on to their pci's once they get XITE since this is possible.
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

External MIDI hardware won't allow that I'm afraid.
You need the extra Scope/XITE-1 MIDI B Source module.
I am hoping the extra Scope/XITE-1 MIDI B Destination Module can help withan external hardware Solaris too.
Below I have the ancient but incredible DMC MX8 and the MIDI Solutions F8, excellent PCI based MIDI is far superior to USB still, and while I can route and filter to my hearts content, I still cannot creat the extra Source/Dest Modules, wish I could though.
MIDI.JPG
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

How does XITE (or can it) utilize 32 midi channels. Is there a MIDI B dev in Scope/XITE or no.

Still one MIDI IO on XITE & PCI Card...??
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

Hardware based PCI-e MIDI and just one more XITE-1 MIDI B Source is what I need.
Either via XTDM or another card.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

XTDM! That's the ticket...some development & a rat tail (like the PCI cards have)...some coding & we can have a MIDI B, MIDI C, MIDI D...etc etc or like you said...another PCI card & a MIDI B dev made by someone here or S|C....???
Joel
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

XTDM is still in development, so until it's ready, I'm sticking with ADAT between the two.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

still no luck with this yet, and I keep running out of time trying to get other f*ing paid projects out of the way (so much for the bad economy).

So far all drivers and keys are installed correctly, and my system sees both devices - just gives me errors when attempting to load Xite. Scope PCI still loads no problem.

I'm missing something.

Guess I'll have to try tricking my system into thinking it's loading the PCI cards/drivers AFTER the Xite.

Greg
cortone

Post by cortone »

Greg,

The XITE gives an error every time, whether it is first or second, or does it work when it is the first to load?

Also, I are the links Ralf provided the same versions of s/w that you have?

How are the IRQs sorted out?

Thanks,
Cory
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

cortone wrote:Greg,

The XITE gives an error every time, whether it is first or second, or does it work when it is the first to load?

Also, I are the links Ralf provided the same versions of s/w that you have?

How are the IRQs sorted out?

Thanks,
Cory
Still investigating the IRQ's. Yes, these are the latest software versions, but will have to confirm.
(Still rebuilding my studio after a flood anyways, so I'm probably missing a simple tweak due to everything being torn apart).

Also, I have one more PCI-e slot available next to where my old SRB is currently slotted, so perhaps it's finally time to sell the good-ol SRB, and use that area of the bus. Not sure yet.

Thanks,

Greg
cortone

Post by cortone »

Greg,

Man, you are getting whammied, both good and bad (lots of work vs. floods)! Do you know if these are different than the version initially posted, especially for the XITE? I've probably asked before, but are you a VDAT user?

Cory
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

cortone wrote:Greg,

Man, you are getting whammied, both good and bad (lots of work vs. floods)! Do you know if these are different than the version initially posted, especially for the XITE? I've probably asked before, but are you a VDAT user?

Cory
I'm not using VDAT or XTC modes.

I do believe I am using the latest Xite version, but still have to confirm amidst the craziness as I rebuild things.

Greg
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

SUCCESS!

Scope PCI and Xite do indeed run on the same machine - (so save your PCI cards).
Xite feels powerful even just opening projects/modules and navigation.
Can't wait to finally jump in. However it seems I don't have keys for most of the synths (prophet, etc.) - so I'll be checking out the Atze and Paradox for now.

Below is a screenshot showing proof (covering 4 monitors)

I really hope S/C can grow this little effort and take on the UAD's of this market segment (as relatively small as it may be) - Xite is a fine piece of hardware deserving of some major acceptance by serious people.

Greg
Attachments
Scope_PCI_Xite.JPG
Scope_PCI_Xite.JPG (793.67 KiB) Viewed 3542 times
garyb

Post by garyb »

cool.
dawman

Post by dawman »

This is great news, but I don't see the MIDI A Source modules from each application in the same project window.
Can they be combined like that?
It seems as though you have 2 x different projects and 2 x monitors.
If you have time could you check that out for me.
I want to use the Scope MIDI A Source and the XITE-1 MIDI Source module in the same project window.
I don't mind tearing apart the DAW this weekend and trying it, but it would save me lots of time if you could verify for me.

Thanks Chief,
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Mine too...Pulsar midi & XITE midi in the same project...but killer good news so far..nice work!

Thanx Greg!
Joel
garyb

Post by garyb »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:This is great news, but I don't see the MIDI A Source modules from each application in the same project window.
Can they be combined like that?
It seems as though you have 2 x different projects and 2 x monitors.
If you have time could you check that out for me.
I want to use the Scope MIDI A Source and the XITE-1 MIDI Source module in the same project window.
I don't mind tearing apart the DAW this weekend and trying it, but it would save me lots of time if you could verify for me.

Thanks Chief,

can't do that. there are two seperate project windows.