Reading (UK) area resident with PCIE slot to test Xite-1

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

hesnotthemessiah

Reading (UK) area resident with PCIE slot to test Xite-1

Post by hesnotthemessiah »

Please note that I have already started a thread titled "Cannot install Xite-1 driver" on the XITE forum here at PlanetZ, so if anyone has any words of advice etc. then please post them there. I thought I had better start a new thread to ask for help in finding someone to help me test my Xite-1 on....................

Hi there peeps!! :)

Do you live in the Reading, Berkshire area of England? Do you have a Windows XP or Vista PC with a PCIE slot that I can test my new Sonic Core Xite soundcard on? You do?! Well it's your lucky day!! You have the chance to help me and give me a big fat smile on my face and we could become best buddies for ever and ever :P ............................

I have bought a new PC and the Sonic Core Xite over the last week. Problem is my new PC won't recognise the Xite at all. Details regarding this problem are on the "Cannot install Xite-1 driver" thread on the XITE forum here at PlanetZ. I need to nail down wether there is a fault with the Xite or my PC. I would need to install the Xite PCIE x1 card into your PC and then install it's driver. Infact, if you aren't too keen on me installing and then uninstalling the driver onto your PC then I can just see if the card is recognised in your PC without installing the driver, as it should appear as a multimedia controller in the Device Manager before the driver is installed.

If anyone can help please PM me. I would be sooooooooooooooooooo grateful! :D

None of my friends - who have little PC knowledge, have a PC with a PCIE slot that I can test on. I expect I will have to buy a PCIE card (probably have to be a Network card) to test my PC's PCIEx1 and PCIEx4 slots to see if they are working correctly. This has been mentioned on the "Cannot install Xite-1 driver" thread. If you have any advice that you can offer then please post on the "Cannot install Xite-1 driver" thread.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. :wink:
johndunn

Re: Reading (UK) area resident with PCIE slot to test Xite-1

Post by johndunn »

Most likely you have another PCIeX16 slot. Move your video card to that and see if it works. If it does, move it back to the original slot (or not). You can then use either of the PCIeX16 slots for your x1 Xite card. Any lesser channel card will work on a greater channel PCIe slot. I currently have a x1 network card in one of the x16 slots; I've done this on several different motherboards, with several different cards. There is never a problem using a lesser channel card in a greater channel slot.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
hesnotthemessiah

hi there John. :) I am currently using two graphics cards in the PC. I removed the second graphics card and replaced it with the Xite1 card. Switched on the Xite-1 then switched on my PC. The PC started up for a few seconds, stopped and restarted again, then stopped and restarted again in this continuos loop. There was just a blank black screen. So I switched the PC off and tried again but got the same result. So I removed the Xite-1 card from the PC and left that second graphics card slot empty. When I restarted the PC I got the message "Main BIOS checksum error" or words similar to that. This message was displayed for a few seconds and then Windows XP loaded fine. :-?

So my PC doesn't seem to like the Xite-1 card in it's PCIEx16 slots?
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

that bios error doesn't sound ok. I'd recommend to test the xite in a different pc. ah yes, and you might consider a bios update, if applicable. how old is that box, anyway?
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
hesnotthemessiah

kylie wrote:that bios error doesn't sound ok. I'd recommend to test the xite in a different pc. ah yes, and you might consider a bios update, if applicable. how old is that box, anyway?
It's a Scan DAW computer as reviewed in Sound On Sound and various other such magazines. I have had it for about a week - see the thread I started "My new Scan 3XS SA-i7 PowerDAW" over on the Tech Talk forum. I have just removed all the other cards in the PC (2 x Powercore PCI cards) and tried the Xite-1 card in the second PCIEx16 slot again. This time Windows loaded up fine but I still got the same Neither of the following devices found: "Sonic Core Xite-1" message when I try to install the Xite-1 driver. Please see my latest post over on the "Cannot install Xite-1 driver" thread. If you have any words of advice etc. then please post them there. Not that I don't appreciate your help, I really do, but I think I should keep all the advice regarding my problems with the Xite-1 to one thread. Cheers Kylie and John. :)
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

hesnotthemessiah wrote:
kylie wrote:that bios error doesn't sound ok. I'd recommend to test the xite in a different pc. ah yes, and you might consider a bios update, if applicable. how old is that box, anyway?
It's a Scan DAW computer as reviewed in Sound On Sound and various other such magazines. I have had it for about a week - see the thread I started "My new Scan 3XS SA-i7 PowerDAW" over on the Tech Talk forum.
ah, that one. ok, I just wondered if you have an older computer over there... doesn't seem so ;)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.