Re Optimized Plugs

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Re Optimized Plugs

Post by dawman »

I wish Holger would get some sleep.
It has to be like 3:00 am in Germany and I just recieved new keys and optimized plugs for the XITE-1.
Every 2 weeks I get emails from these guys with re done plugs, and requests, etc.
I have always had such great support from all 3rd Party developers and Soniccore too.
How could I ever even think of investing in another platform.
Here's a few more and the Lo-Fi, Psy-Fi, and Flanga are extras I guess.
untitled.JPG
garyb

Re: Re Optimized Plugs

Post by garyb »

thanks for blazing a trail, instead of just whining...

:)
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

good times...

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
dawman

Post by dawman »

I can't believe nobody has ever spoke about Synchrome before.
It works perfectly and responds to MIDI CC devices from SpaceF.
All I need to do is use a single CC on the Transition fader and off to the races I go.
It's a great little synth in case anyone wants a Virus in Scope.
Except it is a little more IMHO. It seems to be capable of great SFX and FM sounds, and it's Analog textures are quite good without having to use all of that crappy chorusing.

SC may be slow on the draw, but they carry a big gun.
I can't imagine what the feverish 3rd party and SDK guys are going to do when they get copies and start tweaking 'round.

And then there's that Flexor stuff coming soon too, so what's there to whine about...?
Sure I miss VDAT, but I have so many good things to talk about I'd rather comment on that.

Here's a tip Greg...
A mixer with effects should be assigned to DSP 7 as that seems to be where most effects have their communications channels.
I load my biggest synths first like Prowave and Solaris because they can span across multiple DSP chips. Then I put an empty mixer on DSP 7 and start adding effects. If you keep the meter number in the left column below 6800 and assign it to DSP 7, you will be able to load the other chips full of synths and standalone effects, etc.
I use a couple of Multi FX racks on the synths. Even though I can stack the synths insert effects w/ 6 of them I have no way to align them in a matrix and they take up valuable resources.
I use MIDI CC's to control my synths and effects, and the knobs and sliders on my KS88 are basically the mixer AUX's and faders for sampled instruments. It's perfect....

I am trying to bust Ralf & Holgers balls next time for VDAT w/ controls.
I would die if I could use my KS88's transport controls to run VDAT.

Below is my 8 Bus / 3 AUX design w/ associated faders.
My Barbettas are the PA versions with 4 stereo inputs and an effects loop on each cabinet.
Using the STM2448 like this is easy money, even if I only use half of it.
I could easily mix an entire band with all instruments and vocals easily. But would have to drag along another 88'r.
IMG_1943.jpg
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

cool stuff indeed!

I'm slowing moving the producers of this current project I'm working on to start thinking about Xite's for FOH and other synth chores for use in what is becoming a VERY interactive environment that will need more horsepower in the future. Currently implementing 3 MOTU 4208's and ADAT litepipe rails and old Alesis ADAT's, and friggin' Ableton Live is going to get old pretty fast.

One surface controller, an A16 (or equivalent), and an Xite, and I can run the whole show from one surface controller.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I can't believe nobody has ever spoke about Synchrome before.

I can't imagine what the feverish 3rd party and SDK guys are going to do when they get copies and start tweaking 'round.
well, it's commercial, not exactly cheap, and there is no demo. that's most probably why.
there arent't many people around who got every scope plugin money can buy (like you), so if there is no praise, there are no new customers ;)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
astroman

Post by astroman »

there was a Synchrome demo once in CW's online shop (the time limited stuff back then)
but it's quite DSP hungry (IIRC...) and those days lot's of folks had 3 and 4 DSP cards...
took some time until the 'big' cards were generally accepted as 'reasonable'
by then it was a bit lost among all the new 'sensations'
and Assaf hadn't made his name yet, as it was pre flexor

cheers, Tom
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

ok, since ralf announced there would be demo keys for everything somehow there is a demo available...
it's just not my way of demoing things.
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Actually I prefer buying cards w/ plugs, and re sell them.
Breaking even is a good thing.................... :D ...........Just Kiddin'.
I will probably build an extra cheap AMD streamer w/ a Scope Pro and have everything I need w/o this whole 64bit baloney.
Sure I would love to have massive RAM, but even the new DDR3-1600 Triple Channel mobo's have trouble with all DIMM's filled.
As M$ and others try forcing us to move ahead, I think the wise move is to use what is provided by your developer and build around what is already working and mature. If I need RAM for samples, I will adjust with a stable second choice that offers even more I/O's and 16 more MIDI channels.
In the last year I seem to realize there is no advantage to accepting all of this new crap if my main developer doesn't. I make my income from choosing wise stable applications and certain hardware. When SC releases 64bit drivers, I believe i7 laptops from Aplle/Mac will be cheaper and I can use Snow Leopard maybe, at least it is designed for better audio. After buying EMagic years ago it's about time they help it out a little bit 'eh?

And SynChrome is way cool. First Scope synth that I like the presets and plays as soon as the keys are installed. A perfect all around synth for everything IMHO.
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

1. Does anyone know if Flexor III works on Xite-1?

2. If it does, how do I transfer the keys from PCI Scope to Xite-1 Scope?
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

johndunn wrote:1. Does anyone know if Flexor III works on Xite-1?

2. If it does, how do I transfer the keys from PCI Scope to Xite-1 Scope?
All keys for XITE are provided by Sonic Core as needed. I think you just have to show proof that you purchased the devices (or just send in your Scope.rgy file).
-john b.
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

OK, thanks.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

http://www.planetz.com/orbitone/demos.htm

A SynChrome demo is available

kylie wrote:
XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I can't believe nobody has ever spoke about Synchrome before.

well, it's commercial, not exactly cheap, and there is no demo. that's most probably why.
there arent't many people around who got every scope plugin money can buy (like you), so if there is no praise, there are no new customers ;)
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

It seems as though SpaceF has been flying around the clouds and has refueled via a KC-135 Super Tanker..
Valve Mixers and FP series have been re done and I have also downloaded a template to be used w/ a Behringer BCR series Mixer.
I will try that out this weekend as a friend uses 4 of those for his project studio and he just loves them.
That would be a really sweet surface live too. I am really tired of the KS88's faders double paging methods. I have to assign my B2003 Drawbars to them just so I can use the CC deveices and an expression pedal, but when I use the KS88's faders in a double paging mode the damn drawbars are following the movements.
It's weird because when I use my expression pedal to swell 5 x drawbars simultaneously I have no problems.
Instead of chasing a Ghost a cheap old BCR might be just what the doctor ordered.
BCR2000-LAYOUT.JPG
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I have one of each BCR & BCF...for the money & ease of use they work really well on many plugs. the BC Modular by Sharc is perfect example... :wink:
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

That is an awesome interface, and I always thank him when pops in for his contibutions.
That is the only Scope family I think we have, and Sharc & Shroomz have blessed us with many great dev.'s and their GUI's are stellar.
Here's a great Single Chip Mastering/Tracking mix fully loaded using the MixSat.
It has 8 x Stero channels + 2 additional unused stereo channels and 2 x Satellite channels, each with their own SC-EQ S.
Each AUX has it's own Reverb w/ an additional SC-EQ S.
The Master effects has the SPL Attacker, and the SPL Transient Designer, and the last effect in the chain is the SC-SSL9000-X which is a pretty sweet EQ/Comp/Gate channel.

Perfect for the BCR/BCF surfacees.