Does VDAT work with Xite? Flexor v3?

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

johndunn

Does VDAT work with Xite? Flexor v3?

Post by johndunn »

I understand VDAT does not work with PCI Scope v5. Anyone know for sure if it works with Xite Scope v5?

Also, there was some flack about Xite not supporting Flexor v5. Anyone know for sure whether it does or not, and if not if it is planned to?
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
cortone

Re: Does VDAT work with Xite? Flexor v3?

Post by cortone »

John,

I'm not speaking from direct experience here, but I believe that VDAT is not currently working with XITE either. I know Jimmy V. has been helping with debugging it on XITE.

I haven't heard the flap about Flexor3, are you thinking back to last summer when it appeared that Adern and SC were having some communication challenges? That was resolved, AFAIK. I was able to use F3 on V5-PCI, and would expect that it would also work on XITE. Jimmy will have to weigh in regarding XITE, or possibly Greg (siriusbliss), when he gets back to his studio. And surely there are at least a couple of other users outside of the US...

Cory
garyb

Post by garyb »

i think Flexor is a go, and in any version of v5, VDAT is a no...

obviously the XITE version of v5 is further along than the pci version, but it has already seen bugfixes. i would expect everything to be better than ever in a few months. one thing about these guys running S/C, they DO work to improve things. when they were working for Creamware pre-insolvency, there were quite regular updates. all of the good parts of v4 were theirs. if you'd seen how they(very quietly, they're too busy to be chatty) addressed the various CW forums' users' complaints and requests, you'd understand why i am optomistic. already they have significantly updated the XITE hardware based on users' requests here on z. the combo connectors on the front were suggested to Holger and Jurgen by Pro Music Exchange's manager Chris during Namm season, i was standing there. they take copius notes when the system is discussed, it how they are, so i'm sure that everything will come in time, or there'll be a significant hardware based reason that it won't happen.
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Thanks for the update. Too bad about the VDAT, it is the best direct-to-disk recorder I've seen. Easy to set up and use; pristine, glitch-free recording. I hope they get it working sooner rather than later.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
dawman

Post by dawman »

These guys don't need my help, just letting them know what needs fixin' and there ain't that much.
But VDAT is my favorite little stage buddy for jobs that require a well produced sound with a low budget.... :lol:
The pre recorded backing vocals blend so authentically with the live vocalist.
Flexor is coming for the XITE-1 and V 5.0.
I believe V 5.0 and VST would probably come first. But I can only prepare by using the Flexor Manual and Roys much appreciated tutorings and tools.
Right now I am quite satisfied with the support for the XITE-1.
It's stability is perfect so far.
I broke it in by playing a smoke filled poisonous Biker bar.
I made it out alive and the XITE-1 shined for a whole month..... :lol:
I am confident development will come in a timely fashion and until then I will get a full ROI by the end of July.
So I have already won.
Everything from that point on is Gravy......
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes, it's too bad about VDAT, but for now, you could put a card in an old free computer and just use it as a recorder... :roll:
dawman

Post by dawman »

Just recieved my Flexor 2 & 3 Keys.
Flexor III Lives and works well.
I am also getting 6 voices on some old favorites like Adern's Seasynth. A beuatiful mesmorizing patch by Assaf that does "Ocean Pads."
They are these perfect little presets that load instantly once the patch is loaded, and if you can picture yourself on some quiet Beach on a foreign planet that has 2 Moons and Billions of stars.......ah..it's just perfect.
I am also hitting 6900 on the DSP's of the left Sync Column which is 400+ more than I am use to seeing.
dawman

Post by dawman »

BC Modular, RoyT Modular, j9k, Modular 2, Modular 3 & Flexor.
Everything working great.
The biggest patches are no problems.
I have ordered a BCR and a BCF but put it on hold. I think I will have to make an effort to get those. Those surfaces have worked for many guys here already.
They are supported in BC Modular, SpaceF mixer and even a dll. for Reaper.
I have a sickening amount of modules and thanks to Assaf and Roy the turorals explain everything in great detail.
01-090817_1340.mp3
untitled.JPG
Now all we need is VDAT......................ankyuvarymush.
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

hi
just waitin for VDAT me too,
and for the future i hope they build a stereo recording device,
like the recording functon in the STS series
A.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Brotha' Man Cannonball,
Please email Soniccore and let them know how much VDAT means to you.
I have expressed my concerns about this also.
Strength in numbers.
I pray for VDAT to be more sophisticated.
That would be awesome to control it via a Master Keyboard controller or QWERTY shortcuts.
I use to reach over and hit the spacebar out of Cubase/Reaper habit......... :lol:
Even that would help.

Ciao,
iSiStOy

Post by iSiStOy »

Never tried VDAT for recording (more used to Wavelab Record function) but as I see how addicted to it you are, I think it's time to layer some VDAT recorded tracks and just listen to the result...
dawman

Post by dawman »

After some DSP placements, and folder arrangements I have successfully got everything to play well together.
I can use BC Modulars shell or Modular 2 and Modular 3.
I was getting rgy. requests and sorts of weird crap but Ralf was kind enough to explain things.
Now everything works well.
All I need to do is organize Roys modules a little better as the single download is nice, but most of the modules are add ons outside of the folder arrangements.
The tutorials from Adern, Sharc and CWModular are excellent.
untitled.JPG
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

That BC shell. Somehow I didn't find that one before. Is it like a repainted first generation Modular2 shell or a second generation Modular2 shell or a Modular3 shell, or is it another beast of its own?
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.