Old Synths That Work

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Old Synths That Work

Post by dawman »

I have been going through my old synths and in 4.5 I couldn't get OP8 or Plastic to work on my DAW.
I thank my lucky stars I have been double checking because OP8 is good, but I have many synths that can cover it's sound palette.
But Plastic is an entirely different story.
This synth w/ it's X-Mods, Overdrive and MIDI CC's attached to every little parameter is a serious beast.
It has such a powerful unique sound I am adding it to my arsenal.
With Sync being on the Oscillators and having a CC2 attached to it's detune function in one of the Oscillators I can attenuate the depth of the sync and detune simultaneously for some fierce timbres.
Scope 5.0 is really smooth now, and I have found a few Hummel synths I couldn't use before in 4.5 that work great in XITE-1.
I can use tons of poly with these and they hardly dent the meter or sync amounts.
It's such a powerful sound that anyrhing more than 4 voices won't be necessary.
I am sending him an email telling him how fierce he is.
Also, the modules are tiny and take up little room in the routing window.
ambien1.jpg
siriusbliss

Re: Old Synths That Work

Post by siriusbliss »

how many voices can you get out of say...Lightwave?

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

OP8 and Plastic work fine in 4.5 here Jimmy. In fact i think all my old-style preset list and new-style preset list wavelength synths are OK. Plastic was one of my faves too. Pity it never got updated to new-style preset list - it sort of did in uberPlastic, but so much was changed in that synth that it's completely different: i liked the simplicity of the old one.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I love the sound of some of the Hummel synths.
They are unique and very powerful sounding, I will be using some.
I think the troubles I had with the 4.5 were folder related.
Whatever the cause, my new folder arrangement is different than the old arrangements. I like the way Holger has organized these as I always found the Modular folders confusing, but partly because I am somewhat a computer illiterate still.
As far as Lightwave goes it probably has the usual 16 voice limit, and I have a seperate X Synth Folder, and as Joel would say, the OEM synth folder.................... :lol: That's a classic bro.. :roll:
I have been organizing folders from various developers, and am extremely happy that Flexor III is compatable.
Modular is the most developed area with a ridiculous amount of support. With the sheer power of XITE-1 I plan on using Modular now as I can actually load it alongside of my personal favorites. I am working on adding more Modular device tabs where each developers modules can be seperate as I was so confused before. Eventually these will help pick and choose what works best for me. There are just a huge amount out there and combining the best from all developers is a challenge I look forward to. IMHO Modular for Scope is the most incredible soft version I have ever seen. Any Modular finatic will eventually get an XITE-1, it's inevitable. The awesome power to create giant Modular creations is staggering.
I still have to look at Roy's huge amount of modules, SpaceF, Shroomz,......jeez...
untitled.JPG
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Speaking of Modular Experts (not to get OT)...How's this...

a Buchla killer......Just a thought...better than the origonal...

XITE-1. What a better place to build such a thing...
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well I started this thread and never added others.
Here's a few freebies that are really good synths and they work flawlessley.

Hummels Synths......LoFi, Thrust and the mono Infinity 2 which is not a synth, but should br included. LoFi can be used for Mono or Poly works
Thrust is just a FAT BASTARD mono syhtn , and Infinity 2 is a kick but Looper in mono.
Level One is a Wavetable/Analog w/ RingMod I don't know made it but it is a cool PPG type '80's synth.
Theramid by Wavelength is a Theramin very nice pure tones.
Orbitones Vorb is a great Vocoder.
FM4 is a sweet 16 voice FM 4 operator synth. Cool EP's and DX7 tones.
Full Panning is more than a panner. It is what you hear on a Fender Rhodes Satellite Cabinet.
No autopan jive ( L to R ). This takes a summed signal and moves it left to right. Shayne White made this.
untitled.JPG