Prowave 2.0 PolyGlide

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Prowave 2.0 PolyGlide

Post by dawman »

Here's some more good news for synth lovers.
Those who like the analog performance features of the old Moogs & Oberheims can now be festive with Prowave.
What's nice is that this is the trick that when people play the real analog and then play a virtual synth, is the first thing they notice, well if they are doing an A/B comparison.
On the old Oberheim OBX there was a preset that had a super high Portamento Value, so when hitting the the highest note , then hitting the lowest note the Oscillators would reach their destinations at slightly different times, which just adds so much width to the sound.
Short Porta values with the PGides set at different timings gets a similar reslut too.
At any rate Prowave, QWave and Solaris have this now.

Ever heard a 20 peice String section glide into a unison pitch. Even classically trained Violinists will each have their own speed going from point A to point B, and while they might reach their targets at the same time, their human imperfection and intonation gives the glide a sound that is moving, which makes strings in an Orchestra so captivating live.
Well I got 3 synths that do that too............ankyuvarymush.

Hat Off To Brotha' Man JBowen............ :)
untitled.JPG
RP_001

Re: Prowave 2.0 PolyGlide

Post by RP_001 »

Excellent, i was hoping JB would implement this feature also in Prowave...

Jimmy, did you already start to do some serious poly testing with solaris / prowave / qwave ??

Im really curious how much of these beasts can be loaded simultaniously..
I can see this is a beta version, any idea when it will be released ??
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Hey Jimmy!

How 'bout an mp3 for the eager??? :)
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well here's an emulation of the old PPG 2.3 that was so popular in the '80s' for Pop/Rock hits.
Dyer Straights, Spandau Ballet & Simple Minds.
It uses the RDII Modules. Rotor w/ 4 x slots that includes Prophet VS Waves, and Waldorfs.
I try and tune the different waveforms to 5th's, etc. so when the Rotor reaches the chosen slot it can transition to the next selected pitched waveform.
Pretty cool stuff.
01-090815_0713.mp3
untitled.JPG
I am fresh out of ideas today due to a mental block, but here's a little PolyGlide. Less is more w/ this effect if you are trying for that Memorymoog/OBX-a sound.
01-090815_0749.mp3
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I know for sure some JB stuff will ba added to colloection when the XITE arrives...there are several of his synths that just scream. I'm sold on a few all ready...I wonder if he'll make me a package deal.... :wink:
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

He will.................Tell him you want a " Sore Dick Deal."............It can't be beaten.. :lol:
Ankyu.......Ankyuvarymush.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Neither can the "package" :lol:

Uh, I said ...package... :lol:
Joel