garyb

Re: XITE : your wishes

Post by garyb »

afaik, xtc is still there...

nice one, olive!
DSP ADD!CT

Post by DSP ADD!CT »

woohoo you made me a happy man with that info gary!
cheers
katano

Post by katano »

nice one olive!

isn't there any marketing guru here on Z who has some time to develop a marketing strategy based on us users to spread the word around the world?
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

rhythmaster wrote:4) Preset Window: Automatic numbering when there are many presets but no numbers.
I think this is already there. Just right click and 'Auto-Index', IIRC.

Ben
rhythmaster

Post by rhythmaster »

Ben Walker wrote:
rhythmaster wrote:4) Preset Window: Automatic numbering when there are many presets but no numbers.

Ben
O.K. I know there was anything. I'll try it again!

Thanks

Harry
XITE-1, Cubase Pro 10.5 - WIN 10 64-bit
http://www.seismofunk.com
radar23

Post by radar23 »

sonolive wrote:hi,

Instead of crying about this or that that could be implemented ... why don't each of us make some good samples of existing plugz, synth and effects in order to upload on SC website some fabulous samples for the new customers ?

my thoughts,

cheerz
olive

I was thinking along those lines myself. There are many webs site like Matrix synth and Synthtopia where end users show of their song and sound creativity via you tube etc. Why don't all the skilled Scope users start advertising the platform themselves, demo'ing the synths and plugins to the wider world. People should take notice and wonder what Scope is all about.

Cheers

Radar

PS I should practise what I preach... working on somthing now....
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

rhythmaster wrote:6) SUPPORT for other MIDI-Interfaces. I have to run MIDI-OX :-( in the background. If Scope 5 could handle this - YEAH!
+1

Support for USB midi devices in the form of USB midi source & destination modules for the Routing Window...

Mark
rhythmaster

Post by rhythmaster »

Ben Walker wrote:

Ben
O.K. I managed to do it!!

Thanks

Harry
XITE-1, Cubase Pro 10.5 - WIN 10 64-bit
http://www.seismofunk.com
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

• A recognition of my investment so far. I have spent many hundreds of pounds on software for the platform and I would like to be able to continue to use all (or at least most) of the plug ins I've bought from CW and 3rd parties, without problems and without having to pay again for everything. I do hope there will be an easy and free or inexpensive way to transfer the plugins from card to XITE, for 3rd parties as well as CW devices.
  • Continued availability of the SDK to 3rd party developers, with any enhancements available in SFP5 available to developers as well.
  • USB Midi port available as a device as others have mentioned.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

- a quick key transfer/sharing mechanism
- Believe it or not, I have only used XTC once (with Samplitude), but I'd be happy to use it in certain cases. It's in Scope 5 anyways I guess.
- Maybe an updated STS5000 so I can get rid of Kontakt and Independence
- Links from the SC website to the music, preset, and project threads that already exist here in planetz
- Marketing - the usual - more youtubers and cross-sponsorships at live concerts (eventually) - hey where's Geoff Downs(from Asia) and Zimmer? :)
- A module for external I/O like USB so that I don't have to use MIDI-OX to get PadKontrol to work (which doesn't work very well through MIDI - go figure), and LAN for direct online jamming, or perhaps a quasi network link between Xites (in addition to Zlink or whatever).
- A true surround decoder (rather than the current multi I/O 3rd party workarounds)
- In the future, possible an embedded graphics engine to drive a monitor, and get RID of the reliance on operating systems :lol:
- More ongoing 3rd party support (Dirk at SPL/Brainworx is anxious to see Scope be successful), including controller setups and automation integration, especially to be able to automate easier with DAWs.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I have for now.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

sonolive wrote:What they DO need today is MONEY : they have now to sell enough box in order to soon employ more and more people for future dev ... HW and SW !!!
I agree - SC has to sell products to continue development. Im sorry, but I completely disagree with this :
sonolive wrote:Instead of crying about this or that that could be implemented ... why don't each of us make some good samples of existing plugz, synth and effects in order to upload on SC website some fabulous samples for the new customers?
IMO - this won't help SC to sell more (if any) products to new customers.

SC is about to release an awesome hardware platform - do they have an equally awesome software platform and killer apps?

I, for one, love the routing window and the SDK - That gives me flexibility that I cant find anywhere else. I create my own devices/plugins, but Im not using any other plugins (except the Mixers) because I have better alternatives both as plugins (native or other platforms) and outboards. When I first bought Pulsar in late 1999 (almost 10 years ago), I was impressed by the quality of everything infact - The quality of the plugins back then was so much better than anything native and other alternatives.

SC have created an impressive hardware platform - There's no doubt that it's the most powerfull DSP platform. Soon after the release of XITE I hope they'll concentrate on the software platform, but they need help from 3rd party developers. SC should pick a number of developers (probably 10 - I dont know) and work extremely close with them and give them complete access to the developing tools - I would like to mention the following developers :

1) John Bowen- John has to release a identical sounding Solaris HW version for XITE.
2) Softube - Extend the cooperation with Softube. They did the Tube Tech CL1B for TC Electronic and the Abbey Roads plugins. License an enhanced version of the FET and cooperate on 2-3 different channelstrips from well known consoles, so you could build your own virtual analogue mixer in Scope.
3) SoundToys - Former Eventide developer - Convert the Native bundle to XITE
4) Pro Audio DSP - The developer behind Sony/Sonnox Oxford plugins - Let him create new plugins for the platform.
5) ..
6) ..

3rd party developers are more intersted in cooperation now because of the crisis.

SC need killer apps - as mentioned before, I really love the flexibility that the routing window provides and none of the other platforms have that feature. Unfortunately more and more people work within the DAW and XTC is the most requested feature in this thread. But why not extend the XTC functionality? A routing window XTC plugin - where you could drag and drop and combine plugins just like in the normal routing window. The XTC Routing plugin could have 10 automation slots which is defined within the routing window. None of the other platforms have this feature - not even a simple chain plugin.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

Well, I agree partnership with good developpers (like you Martin.. :D ) is very important and can promote Xite a lot. I think we all agree Xite -as hardware - is unique, really (just compare is with the express card key form UAD :roll: ... ) and innovative.

I would suggest partenership with companies with the same spirit :
- a bundle (or a collaboration) with samplitude for example (Magix being known for its original though powerful sequencer)
- a bundle alla Receptor (Muse Research) : plugins with a well known brand included (package)
- SDK is great but bad plugins can kill a reputation too (even a ugly GUI ...). What I mean is that there should be high standards to be able to sell plugins for the Xite.

I am pesonnally very happy with the existing tools. But the new ones could be more and more attractive... UAD boards are well known (even the UAD1 which were really underpowered...) for their plugins : software really matters ! And GUI too :roll:

Just my 2 cents of course ...
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

bill3107 wrote:SDK is great but bad plugins can kill a reputation too (even a ugly GUI ...). What I mean is that there should be high standards to be able to sell plugins for the Xite.

software really matters ! And GUI too :roll:
I couldn't agree more.
Throttler

Post by Throttler »

88.2kHz
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Throttler wrote:88.2kHz
I was wondering how long it would take for this to enter the wishlist... :)
(not that I'm in need of it).
siriusbliss wrote:- a quick key transfer/sharing mechanism
this and the return of MyPage with keyfiles, generated packages, registered hardware list etc.
a new plugin package format (with more convenient installer)

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
garyb

Post by garyb »

88.2 is on the list, for sure. we had a talk about it at NAMM. like everything else, it'll come down to priorities. if everything goes well and S/C has sales, i'm sure quite a few of our desires will be realized.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

if XTC could work perfectly, then Xite would be perfect for my needs... I think that 90% of Xiters would say that's the feature number 1. Just my opinion ... And this feature makes scope handy and easy for the thousands of new users :wink: ...
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Warp69 wrote:
3) SoundToys - Former Eventide developer - Convert the Native bundle to XITE
Would'nt it be better if SoundToys did something unique for the SCOPE rather then port the same-old-same-old from one Platform to the next? I don't think it will be much of a selling point for SCOPE if their plugins is available everywhere else. People will think "why buy the expensive SCOPE hardware when Native versions of the plugins are available?". I think the future survival of dsp platforms lies ultimately in the uniqueness they possess. If Neve, Valley People, SPL, etc all port their plugins to Uad, then Powercore, then Native, then Protools, then SCOPE, then i don't believe it will benifit SCOPE much (maybe if the SCOPE version was higher quality or something :wink: ). I think uniqueness helps more then flooding the platform with the same-old.

Altho i do love some of the SCOPE effects and found them equal to those i've tried on other platforms and in some cases better, i do agree some "Truly" High-end plugins need to come to this platform. There seems to be a level of Quality that plugin-effects generally don't go beyond, even from Major Names on other platforms.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

I agree - I was thinking about enhanced versions of SoundToys native bundle.

Im all for uniqueness, but unfortunately that costs alot of developing time and therefor money.

And which "Truly" high-end plugins are you missing?

Btw. Nice promotion at GS, Alfonso.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

bill3107 wrote:- a bundle (or a collaboration) with samplitude for example (Magix being known for its original though powerful sequencer)
Well, SC and Magix/Tom Sailor WERE right next to each other at NAMM - so..... who knows... :D

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3