XITE : your wishes

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

bill3107

XITE : your wishes

Post by bill3107 »

Well I think, as Xite is almost launched, it is time to officially gather all the good ideas we have and that may help SC developpement. I think that some new features (your suggestions) may need a lot of time whereas others can be very simple... I think the simplier the better as this may influence the current version... who knows ?

Here is my main suggestions (simple ones) :

- Launch a PRE version (with 2 preamp) and another one without for bigger studios or those (like me) who already have high-end preamps... That would curb the final price which is good for competition. That would mean removing the Preamps but also would modify the front face. I don't know if it is easy... Names like XITE-PRE and XITE-POWER would be easy to understand ...

- XTC improvements : well under Samplitude, the connection between Sequencer and Scope is not that easy (mono/stereo bus) compared to Nuendo, etc... XTC works almost perfectly and I suppose it would not take too much time to fix what must be improved... As scopers we are acustomed to Scope but many new scopers would start in XTC mode for sure. Good reviews would promote the product... XTC should be a priority, i think...

I am really interested in the current verison but these improvements would helps sales for sure... just my 2 cents :wink:
Sounddesigner

Re: XITE : your wishes

Post by Sounddesigner »

1. more Voice poliphony for synths.

2. 96khz samplerate operation for all plugins, currently some plugins don't work at that samplerate.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Me too: XTC is very important!
In the market Xite could fight with UAD, POCO, ecc. ;)
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

1) Modular I/O system - XITEs with different I/O interfaces - Im hoping for 24 AES I/O.
2) Open and more advanced SDK
3) Cooperations with 3rd parties, like Softube etc.

It will be extremely difficult to compete with names like UAudio, SSL and TC, since they are already established in the pro world.

If SC released a 100% copy of the UAD 1176LN (which btw is NOT like the hardware), people would still prefer the UAD version because of the name. SC has to make something better - not even the Softube version is good enough : they could probably improve the attack with 4-6x oversampling. I could release a 100% copy of the VSS3 algorithm and people would still think the POCO version is better - I had to release VSS4.

SC does have realtime routing and synths which are not present on the other platforms (yet). None of the platforms have Eventide quality effects so maybe SC should focus more on effects.
Last edited by Warp69 on Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

hi,

my thoughts : Xite1, when it will be released, and even scope boards are already fantastic tools, that don't really need major improvement ... the sound is good, the soft is versatile and work well ... maybe just some little improvements would be interesting such as OSX drivers, and few others ...

BUT ... the ONLY THING THAT IS MISSING TO XITE AND SC ... Is a real and high level COMMUNICATION and MARKETING campain ... in order to actually and definitly enter the high end PRO AUDIO world, as they would have done since long time ...

SC is a small company, and i would prefer see them working to promote their products and do a good communication, instead of building some more plug ins ...

i agree with martin on that point, they now have a real "army" of third part developper that can make good plugz, synths or effects for them ... more they can sign some plugz together with "big" audio companies (Eventide, Briscati, TC or UAD why not)

Entering the PRO AUDIO WORLD means ... big studios, big live rentals companies, broadcast, famous producers ... this would be possible with the quality of the products already existing ...

i am used with audio pros, and i can tell you that they absolutely don't know neither CW nor SC !!!
that's desapointing !!! more, when you show them the system, they immediately love its sound and the versatility of SFP (routing ...)

so here are my wishes for XITE : a high level communication towards the PRO AUDIO WORLD ...

cheerz
olive
chriskorff

Post by chriskorff »

+1 absolutely.

I wonder if they could rekindle their relationship with SPL? It was nice to be able to say to all the UAD owners, "I've been using an SPL transient designer plug-in for ages," but mention CW/SC to them and they just stare at you blankly! For many (most?) DSP-based audio processors, the association with big-name hardware manufacturers is a massive selling point. Obviously UAD and SSL have a huge history in making hardware, but things like *official* Neve/API/Moog/Roland etc. plug-ins have been of massive benefit to them.

That would be my tip, anyway...

Cheers,

Chris
Tau

Post by Tau »

I wish it all the best! :)
xite knight

Post by xite knight »

Adern announced continued Flexor support for XITE and Scope 5.

I humbly wish this won't change.
Cheers
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

toasts. we need it to be able to bake toasts
and fly
and fuck our girlfriends when we are too drunk to do it
huge motherfuckin dildo on the hood
did anyone say joystick?

sonic-core: please freeze any further development be it hardware or software and pull the thing out
jesus
spacef

Post by spacef »

sonolive wrote: so here are my wishes for XITE : a high level communication towards the PRO AUDIO WORLD ...
Yes , and to begin with, what is the professional contact for those highly efficient marketing professionals ? (especially the one that look a bit shy at the right, that's profesionalism!!)
Seriously, it's the only technique that had me come back again to view the real specs inside and kept me wanting for more ... This is not me, this is international exposure and modern commerce !
the rest is just buttons, leds and samplerates... very boring...
and to make it better, we are raving about a product which, it's a blessing, goes by the name of.... Xite !! :o

"Xite, the portable DSP board you can play on the bitch, err .. with the beach... mmrrnr, In the picth...." :lol:
Last edited by spacef on Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I wish one of theese packed with Xite... :P
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dawman

Post by dawman »

All of the above.
I already played it and it works, so while we're young please.. :lol:
The polyphony of this beast is immense, it's ready for battle.
To be honest it has everything I need already, as long as I can tranfer my investments.
64bit drivers aren't necessary yet since Kontakt 3.0 and others are still jerking us off.
Nice links Medhi.............Booty shots are rare and much appreciated.. :lol:
katano

Post by katano »

sonolive wrote:so here are my wishes for XITE : a high level communication towards the PRO AUDIO WORLD ...

cheerz
olive
+100
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

4) Introducing XRacks :)

XRacks - Some people are extremely creative, but don't know how to achieve a specific sound. Others are producers/enginners that have the expertise to create that awesome hit sound etc. How can we utilize that - the solution : XRacks :o

I could load the XRack Electronic Drums into Xite which is a rack, much like the Reason rack, which could contains the following (depends on the loaded preset):

* Smart parameters section (a set of sliders where I could morph between settings) and some meters
* Step sequencer
* Mini Mixer
* TR-808 - enhanced version from d16
* TR-909 - enhanced version from d16
* Sampleplayer like NI Kontakt
* Softube FET
* EQ

A dance producer could have made a complete drum set with layered bassbrum + comp, panned hihats + eq - the right echo/reverb etc. - I would have a complete beat where I could modify everything and I would have instant results of high qulity. I could buy additional setups from different producers/engineers.

I could load XRack Venegeance Lead Synth with layered synths, comps, eq's and reverb for that specific club sound. Or I could load XRack Vocal with a complete setup for vocal processing - what about XRack Mwagener Mastering, if you like The Rasmus sound?

The setups should be encrypted like the devices.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

sonolive wrote:BUT ... the ONLY THING THAT IS MISSING TO XITE AND SC ... Is a real and high level COMMUNICATION and MARKETING campain ... in order to actually and definitly enter the high end PRO AUDIO world, as they would have done since long time ...
The only thing SC will be entering, without any modern automation in it's products, is the egg and spoon race.

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
rhythmaster

Post by rhythmaster »

1) XTC-Mode: preset-name in the GUI of all synths
2) Preset Window: when closing it and reopening it, the actual preset should be selected, highlighted!!!!!!!
3) Preset Window: it should be possible to copy whole banks from left to right and vice versa
4) Preset Window: Automatic numbering when there are many presets but no numbers.
5) SB-404: I mailed this wish to Creamware years ago: a random generator for the step sequencer. The reply from Creamware was: good idea, why not!!!!!
6) SUPPORT for other MIDI-Interfaces. I have to run MIDI-OX :-( in the background. If Scope 5 could handle this - YEAH!
7) All plugins officially for XTC-Mode (Vocodizer, STS-Samplers, Modular, ...)

Harry
XITE-1, Cubase Pro 10.5 - WIN 10 64-bit
http://www.seismofunk.com
garyb

Post by garyb »

my wishes?

that they release tomorrow.
sonolive

Post by sonolive »

hi,

All your extra wishes are fantastic guys ... but while it is not officially released ... no one knows what will there be inside the box !!! who knows, maybe all you detail here is already inside ?

Anyway, i think you miss the point !

it already took 2 years to achieve this stuff, with such a little team, it's already a miracle ...
One HW dev, juergen + one sofware dev, holger + one coder , klaus ... Ralf and Birgit ... more some other i don't remember the names ... sorry ... that's it !

What they DO need today is MONEY : they have now to sell enough box in order to soon employ more and more people for future dev ... HW and SW !!!

They also need something that is not measurable ... SUPPORT FROM US, THE COMMUNITY, THE Third part dev ...

Instead of crying about this or that that could be implemented ... why don't each of us make some good samples of existing plugz, synth and effects in order to upload on SC website some fabulous samples for the new customers ?

my thoughts,

cheerz
olive
DSP ADD!CT

Post by DSP ADD!CT »

xtc is crucial to me also cause i like to do everything in my sequencer. no switching between windows, works so much faster.
and yes gary, a quick release please :) cant wait to get started!
dawman

Post by dawman »

I am totally game for that....
Holger, Ralf or Jurgen........give me an assignment.