XITE : your wishes

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

firubbi

Re: XITE : your wishes

Post by firubbi »

liked your FREAKSHOW :) G.O.S.T.Harmonic Effects Bundle was in my list. Solaris is also cool... man i need m.o.n.e.y
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

if synths are take more dsp of xite than its a problem or we have do our composition carefully or buy 2 xite :D .... sc can do a summer sale of xite 'buy one get 1 free'
spacef

Post by spacef »

Of course, Firubbi, if i read Stardust's review of Solaris, it seems to be 6 or 8 voices on 33 dsp !
that's more than 2 scope, ie, more than 2 xite dsps.
Considering high polyphony improves sounds hundreds time with high polyphony, it will not be unusual to dedicate half an xite for a few big ones and still load a lot of proddiserys minimax and stuff like that all over the place, while having between 50% and 1/3rd left for mixing, which about 4 or 5 scope boards :-)

You will also, certainly, be able to use you"MD4 for Sharcs" as one or more instances, but the price you're going to pay for it, is highly dependent on the name that will be tagged on it, not the amount of time or technicalities behind its algorythm or integration into a coherent and useful UI ? ....
How many of the MS devices from BrainWorks were sold for Scope? a lot? a few ? because of what ? quality? names? opinion of ones has about a developper ? or budget of the users ? ....
Last edited by spacef on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Warp69

Post by Warp69 »

spacef wrote:1/2 an xite ("half" is what warp69 meant right?) is probably more questionable
I actually meant 1-2 DSP's - I do consider one ADSP-21369 ALOT of power and by plugin I meant effect (i.e. compressor, EQ etc) not synths.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Warp69 wrote:
spacef wrote:1/2 an xite ("half" is what warp69 meant right?) is probably more questionable
I actually meant 1-2 DSP's - I do consider one ADSP-21369 ALOT of power and by plugin I meant effect (i.e. compressor, EQ etc) not synths.
1 or 2... Makes sense...
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

we actually don't know what the future of our future plugings... all depends on the sale of xite-1. (i wish) 500pcs has to go within 2009. and "MD4 for Sharcs"? are you doing something like that?
thanks
spacef

Post by spacef »

check PM ;-)
(short public answer; not immediately)
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

Wish:
1. more digital i/o included with xite or external as option.
2. high end Reverb as Warp69 said(thanks to you... you're very open minded about your pulgs) about high end my taste is BX is high end of Scope. P100 is great... putting it on vocals i got very sweet sound. but this is not the end of xite. we have to do better than VSS3. btw can all our programmers work together with SC... this can save time.

3. booster for xite. its should be not big deal, if xite is there why not made some booster. price?
$1500-$2000?

4. plz make optimaster sounds like the best plug ever...

we have the best synth on this planet. and dont need anymore... can we focus on rev,delay,compressor, eq etc plz....
thanks
** i like the idea of warp69...XRacks
@garyb did you jam with them? http://namm09.musicradar.com/wp-content ... 59x345.jpg
rafafredd

Post by rafafredd »

with all that dsp, I would love to see XTC, normal mode and even cutmaster all working together...
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

sonolive wrote: What they DO need today is MONEY : they have now to sell enough box in order to soon employ more and more people for future dev ... HW and SW !!!
They also need something that is not measurable ... SUPPORT FROM US, THE COMMUNITY, THE Third part dev ...
good thinking olive. all programmers can work together for 2 years...
garyb

Post by garyb »

firubbi wrote: @garyb did you jam with them? http://namm09.musicradar.com/wp-content ... 59x345.jpg
:lol:
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

garyb wrote:
firubbi wrote: @garyb did you jam with them? http://namm09.musicradar.com/wp-content ... 59x345.jpg
:lol:
I was a witness (and have pictures on the other thread to prove it).

:D :wink:

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
rafafredd

Post by rafafredd »

ALSO, HERE IS THE BEST IDEA FOR SCOPE 5 AND XITE:

I Could wait a year more, well, a year and a half... OK, even two more years, but please, don't come out with a system FULL OF DSP power and still the OLD PCI/PCIe buss overflows! That would be REALLY :(

I say take the time and give us the best system ever!

Also, after you finally get XITE out, keep in mind Sonic Core pages needs updates, like support files, recommended system tweaks for general audio AND for making your products work as it should, compatibility archives, online space with acess to our registered hardware and software keys just like in the old days, etc... THAT is a MUST!

Best luck making XITE work well!!! We really want it to! We hope it does when it's out! If it comes nicely it's worth waiting.
LHong

Post by LHong »

Here we go! My wishes as follows:

1. Network/Internet (WiFi/RJ45) connection capability - allows online update/download and Remote operation.
2. Stand alone operation (with and without needed a PC - Live/Studio performance)
* Front panel User Interface with large LCD-Graphical-Display (Built-in and External monitor connector)
* Virtual PCI/PCIe Driver supported (allows a virtual OS)
3. USB Host and Device (USB Flash/CD/HD + other PC/Sequencer connected)
4. Better Sampler (Multiple Samples + 2-4GB DIMM expansion as needed)
5. Good PCI/PCIe bus master - Overflowed free
6. WIDI connection (duplex Wireless MIDI)
7. Built-in a good MIDI and Audio Sequencer - Mixdown to wave/MP3 (Step/Realtime recording)
8. Good Pre-amp built-in and dedicated for Micro-phone/Guitar/Bass + Phantom Power supply.

Long
husak

Post by husak »

please whent release MAC OSX SCOPE 5 version , included the XTC version for MAC too , in AU (audio units format )

like this , we can work into our prefer secuencer : logic Pro , Digital preformer , Protools , Reaper or Cubase and we can imput into same channel the vst synths or scope 5 synths and all plugins we like = ( UA-2 , Poco , SSL duende ,or SCOPE 5 plugins)

THA´T WAS MY DREAM !!!!! :o
ErichG

Post by ErichG »

OSC OSC OSC OSC OSC OSC OSC OSC

Don't know if they've fixed it in Scope5 - but I had an absolutely catastrophic live on stage event that killed audio on my pulsar system resulting from some kind of MIDI overload... and the system hasn't seen the light of day since.

Meanwhile - Xite without OSC is like a modern jetliner with mechanical couplings to the flight control surfaces.
dawman

Post by dawman »

The time is right..
What happened at your gig?
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I'd settle just for increased production numbers of the XITE :wink:
Joel
ErichG

Post by ErichG »

On the event at the gig - I had everything prepped and happy - sound checked... ready to roll... Had a Behringer fader pack in the loop for the first time.. and then right as we were about to hit our first note, just after turning up the master - kaboom.. no sound... nothing.. nada. I thought I'd toggled some setting by mistake - but everything checked out.

The next day I was searching around on PlanetZ, and I remember coming across a post describing audio drop out resulting from too many parameters being changed at the same time via a fader pack, or some such...

I have to allow for the possibility that something else happened - but the fader pack was the only new variable in my rig, (which started working after rebooting the system, incidentally).
dawman

Post by dawman »

Is it going straight into the card ?
If so, there are 2 options, and I use both.
A hardware merger/patcher filter, even though they say it's not a filter the old hardware has active sensing blocked for some reason w/o any mentioning of it.
All of MIDI Solutions hardware has the same blocking features.
Use the MIDI filter from SC/CW and make sure in your MIDI Monitor there are no active sensing messages.
They are worthless and despite what the USB bandwidth says, it cannot handle audio very well yet, and excessive MIDI works as long as Active sensing is blocked.
I use massive realtime streams on the old cards w.o any troubles, and the XITE-1 seems to handle MIDI w/ incredible accurate timing.
I would love to see OSC as it would open the door for better controlling of sample articulations and realtime control of otherwise difficult scenarios.