Re: 1U ITX Solution For XITE-1

Post by netguyjoel »

chick-a-boom drum patterns :lol: :lol:

HEY!!! I resemble that.... :lol:
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

No dude, I'm talking about those canned crappy sounding drum kits which number in the dozens, and all of them sound like a cassette tape.
I actually felt bad using VDAT for drum tracks and backing vocals last year, but after hearing so many of these Motif/Cubase set ups it appears the extra steps for superior sounding tracks was wise. I just wish Vegas had more real drummers w/ great kits and chops.
I just finished a gig where the drum kit was shared and the typical laziness and know it all attitudes were displayed, and naturally the drums sound like crap.
The drummer in the opening group was awful and when he did a roll on his Toms it sounded like somebody fell down the steps............. :lol:
Last edited by dawman on Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Sounds exactly like the 6 week gig I had in Atlantic City I told you about....

falling down steps.. :lol: :lol: priceless!

I like the phrase "popcorn machine" myself... :wink:
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

Guys that have to look at their Bass and are frozen onstage are called Huckabees...... :lol:
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I like the Huck...but damn, that guy looks so uncomfortable in his own skin... :lol:
Joel
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

It is just amazing how small hardware is now w/ so much potential...I love techology...not as much as you, you see...but I still love technology...all ways and foreverrrrrrr :lol:
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

We have always had to go with Intel or have the right MoBo because the cards were a little finnicky. Now because of the DSP being self contained in a 1U, we only need a MoBo w/ the right PCI-e slot and then we can pick the other features.
I really like the way the new 785G Chipsets use the 128MB SidePort RAM to run our grapghics w/o interupting the system RAM or resources.
I know 128MB will be enough because I still have a Supermicro P4SCT+II w/ Matrox G450 w/ a whopping 16MB's of RAM........ :o It runs Scope and Gigastudio 160 2.54 just fine, so 128MB can do 2D all day long me thinks.
This means Screw waiting around for a powerful laptop, the XITE-1 is alreadu a 1U, so what's the difference in adding another 1U and carrying around a little 4U which will have 1 x SE-1, an A16U, the XITE-1, etc.
In other words the 1U DAW is 20" deep. that means because all of the other rack gear is shallow I still have 6U worth of space left........NICE.. :wink:
Solaris will here this Fall and the idea of playing a New Years gig and rolling my whole rig in on a Dolley is cool, 2 x ATA keyboards and a 4U.......Sahweet.