Synth & Effect Chains

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Synth & Effect Chains

Post by dawman »

I am doing this right now w/ 32bit cards, but in XITE-1 having up to 8 synths chained would seem very scalable since the power is 10 times the current strength.

Adding the SE-1X analog synth was too tempting, so I had to stick it in a second take. :wink:

I plan on doing this w/ Solaris 5.0.8. and it's hardware Brotha'. Modular chains, QWave and Vectron, and can't wait to have enough power for SpaceF's WS4 chains..... :o

Having everything serialized, especially the effects, then summed in my PL2404 hardware mixer is going to be the way to use XITE-1 live.
dawman

Re: Synth & Effect Chains

Post by dawman »

This kind of effect is what I hope gets developed more in XITE-1 as the DSP power will not be an issue, and all levels of latency can be addressed, from the msec.'s of the ULLI, to sample corrections of the inserts.

This can be done with a giant effect chain, but MCCY saved us that trouble w/ this 8 tap delay that comes w/ Flu-Liq 8.0. The inserts ar perfect for tailoring each pair of bands, and naturally a master effect slot for Optimaster / Vinco, or a reverb.

I just plan on using everything I already have, but using much more of them.

New verbs from Soniccore will definately be welcome also.

When I achieve the desired results, hopefully enough power for 96k live can be applied.

Enough though I have to play for rich alcoholic gamblers, I will enjoy the sound quality, even if they don't notice it.
Funky r

Post by Funky r »

What's a great sound, it'a amazing. :o
Sonic|Core Xite-1/Samplitude 10/Mitec Varydesk The Joker/A16 Ultra
http://www.myspace.com/funky_r
http://www.myspace.com/ofnilegroupe
dawman

Post by dawman »

Thanks Brotha' Man Funky r,

I think I found a free simple way to control multiple synths, effects chains, and mixer insert effects simultaneously also.

From France........................imagine that. :D