FM4 Drawbar Synth Discovery !!

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

FM4 Drawbar Synth Discovery !!

Post by dawman »

This is really embarrasing but must be shared.

I never tried this little gem B4, but I am on an ancient DAW from years back and was fiddlin' round w/ ideas. I loaded one of these and immediately fell in love w/ the FM sound all over again. But that was w/ only one instance, and soon realized how powerfully beautiful this was w/ 2, then 3, and 4 of these !!

I am a drawbar freak from years back as I love evolving sounds, rotary cabinets, doppler effects, etc. So I started attaching MIDI CC's to the level knobs, and by attaching four drawbars from my controller to 4 different levels simultaneously I started bleeding in sounds like I would w/ footage settings similar to the drawbars on a Hammond. Well I couldn't stop there, so I routed these signals to Celmos Leslie, and also the B2003's awesome C3 scanner vibrato setting and Leslie emulation !! These pairs of audio signals were hard panned in a Dynamixer as I was running out of DSP using 14 voices on each FM4 instance. I have never heard anything so beautiful in my entire life, except the first time I played my Matrix 12 / XPander combo through a Roland Space Echo. :o

4 Mono channels hard panned w/ these FM4's is sick. It puts my FM8 from NI to shame.

This is exactly the reason why XITE-1 is crucial to my future. I already could mix an entire live group w/ my collection of 32bit cards, but having huge DSP power for synths is the most obvious reason to have an XITE-1.

As each week goes by I am re discovering so many overlooked gems like this, and while I am embarrased from continuous posts of needed, and desired wishes, the sheer amount of undiscovered content still shocks me.

I can't wait to use Wavelength's Vector Mixer-S and MIDI up to these 16 different levels and Vector the shit out of them.

This has never been heard before, and while many would find this silly, I am always trying to create unheard and unique sounds. I know the Rappers in LV are gonna freak when they hear this one.

Once again I am w/o words, and thank whoever made this little beauty, as I have something to play that is very signature, and cannot wait to unleash it's power. This is actually such a multi-dimensional routed beast that a sequencer like LBH, or Reaper / Cubase would be needed to take advantage of the 16 different levels to mix. :)
erminardi

Re: FM4 Drawbar Synth Discovery !!

Post by erminardi »

Uh, nice, where I can find it? :)

[edit] Here http://212.118.217.5/Files/fm4.zip [/edit] :D
Last edited by erminardi on Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
erminardi

Re: FM4 Drawbar Synth Discovery !!

Post by erminardi »

You're right Jimmy, FM4 is simply amazing!
Easy to tweak but so expressive and varoius :o

Sadly the device don't remmeber midi assignement to the 4 operator knobs when U switch from presets. :-?

I could be phantastic if all these old SDK/DP developers will relase for free all devices as open source (unprotected). In this way the future developers can evolve from an advanced point of start, or can "actualize" these old device (XTC compatibility, 4.x or 5.x, etc.)
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.