Hurry Up Holger

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Hurry Up Holger

Post by dawman »

Well I am rehearsing on a 15DSP card that actually belongs to Brotha' Man Zangsta until I recieve my XITE-1.

But even w/ this little bitty card I housed my new bassist for the last three days and used a couple of free bass amp plugs and an old Eventide Pitch Shifter device and our bassist is shocked. We played together years ago w/ hardware and now we will use XITE-1, but this card carried the rehearsals w/ plugs for him and I only needed the analog synth and B2003 w/ Bidule hosting horns and everything else.

Since I was using 1 x card I explained that XITE-1 will be 30 times that power. Needless to say he wants one now. I am sure all of his gig money will go towargs the purchase since he's a gear freak anyway.

We discussed how to use 5.1 live since he's also an engineer at Granny's House up in Reno, and he has a great idea. 5.1 will actually re produce the stage line as the sub will carry the drums bass and low end synth, sit in the center, then the other 4 satellites will be spread out like stage amps and certain times vocals keys and drums can be sent to all 5 satelittes adding more realism to an already great idea. I am sure glad he has his chops still, but his engineering ideas are awesome. He already took the VDAT drum tracks and used MV Pro, Ambience, and Stereo Echore by Celmo to make my drum tracks incredible. On yeah and the BDX-01S by hifiboom and FAT II S's scattered about.

He was actually embarrassed he hadn't heard of Scope but they have a rather high end Neve console and Studer gear spread about the different booths and rooms up there. Samplitude is their weapon also. It seems lots of big houses use that.

At any rate, it's nice to see a guy who uses hardware get excited about sound from a PC using Scope.
Last edited by dawman on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pollux

Re: Hurry Up Holger........( ankyu )

Post by pollux »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:used a couple of free bass amp plugs and an old Eventide Pitch Shifter device and our bassist is shocked
Which ones?? :D

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:We discussed how to use 5.1 live since he's also an engineer at Granny's House up in Reno, and he has a great idea. 5.1 will actually re produce the stage line as the sub will carry the drums bass and low end synth, sit in the center, then the other 4 satellites will be spread out like stage amps and certain times vocals keys and drums can be sent to all 5 satelittes adding more realism to an already great idea.
I guess the new 5.1 reverb could be an interesting add for such a setup 8)
dawman

Post by dawman »

We used the FMR and BAM for the best results. I was actually shocked at the quality of the 3 way ear monitors the most. But 2 x Barbetta 32C's were enough of a test for Brotha' Man JT. He's a top notch engineer who never heard Scope before and just having him messing with VDAT and some effects really helped out. He was always a good bassist, and the sound he gets from his 5 String Tobias were round and very full. He will definately be doing all of my mixes as he pointed out my levels were too low.

In Scope it seems that my mixes lack the proper levels in the channels. We brought up every instrument and synth I will be using and re set all of the levels, then added effects. It's nice to have a pro demonstrate things for me then I can see the validity of the approach.

He absolutely loves Scope and will be getting some product soon. He was laughing that I had very little hardware these days as I have always been a whore 4 gear.

He will come back Friday and re do everything and show me how to use some of this quality gear.

His favorite devices which he claimed were phenominal were SpaceF's FP106C, Celmo's BAM and Tape SIM, and the DAS Modular Mixer and DAS Compressors which he says are extremely transparent. The DAS Mixer must have it's AUX's upgraded to stereo to fully take advantage of the hardware reverbs we will be using. But DSP reverbs are going to be used as well when the time comes.

Until we get the 5.1 and surround tools this current project will work for more rehersals. I was shocked at how fast he learned his way around our project, and embarrased at the lack of skills I displayed with the tools I have, but at least he agreed that the samples and the synths I showed him were the best he's heard since the Oberheims and Emulator days.

I am really jazzed about working with him, and to see an engineer get excited about software and a DAW was most re assuring. The Heil PR40's are a really decent choice for most chores but he will provide his mic collection to the gig which will save me lots of cash.

I will post a mix tonight of a template I was left with for recording into VDAT and Reaper, then converting @ 320kps for the conversion. I feel like a fool, but my sound now doesn't reflect that anymore.

We will be using some AKG C 414's next Friday and see how well they record w/ the Mico Audient mic pre. I will play politician as the guy with the mic pre collection and JT hate each other. At least my skills as a peacemaker are still useful as I need both of these guys.

Holger..............You're Killing Me.
garyb

Post by garyb »

BAM's not free, though it's really very good... :)
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

I'm with you on the "hurry up" thing. I've just upgraded our computer here in the studio to a Mac Pro which isn't compatible with the old RME audio card we were using (Scope is in a separate PC). So until Xite-1 is out with Z-Link, we're going to have to use the 2-channel optical connection to the Scope PC or use the built-in line out. :lol:

Not to mention I can't use any of our outboard synths now. I need Xite!!!!!!

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

Well, I expect that the XITE-1 and Scope 5 will be available between 3 days (end of july) and 11 days (end of summer specials)... Let's not hope for another delay...

*fingers crossed*...
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

I'm sure GaryB will be working on getting some. :D
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

stardust wrote::) And JV will be the guinea-pig to find out what is in and what not...
well, somebody has to, huh? :D
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
julia lefevre

Post by julia lefevre »

i really dont see xite coming,

soniccore are saying on their website it will come at july, now its second august...
most important thing for a platform like scope is the faith and the believe of the user community, the third party software industry and the dealers ,the whole scene!
after years of destroying their own image now the same silly game as with the promised osx and linux support for scope: they are just saying a date like xite will come in july 2008 and it will probably maybe next year if it will come at all...i guess they are going broke for the fourth time before we will see a working xite...
no dealer, no user, no serious producer will ever buy such a product because no one is believing in their seriousity anymore.
i made some calls today because i would love to buy the xite now but there is no dealer on this planet who can sell it or even can tell an aproximated timeframe when it will be available which means that soniccore havent started producing yet!!
i hope the xite will come this summer because i have to do some productions and i would love to test out the nu dsp power,but as i said its really a sad thing:it will probably never come.
maybe i am wrong,maybe i amright,future will show us users quite soon what is going on with soniccore.
garyb

Post by garyb »

it'll happen.

no reason to be b*tchy. :lol:
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

julia lefevre wrote:bla bla bla
Don't you just love it, how every time CW/CWA/SC comes up with something new, people are standing in line spending their first post on knowing better and trying to spread a negative mood. :roll:
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

julia lefevre wrote:after years of destroying their own image now the same silly game as with the promised osx and linux support for scope:
huh, you seem to be better informed then we are. I'd like to read more on the linux support promise... !?
--
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

This forum has become unusually quiet.... :o :-?
katano

Post by katano »

it's summer time ;-)
katano

Post by katano »

Yep, that's my southpark alter ego :-)

create your own alter ego here: http://www.sp-studio.de/

/OT

Cheers
Roman
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

what a great addition :) :) :)

I wish it would run standalone...

EDIT: well, one can run that gem standalone, if all the single items done as separate flash files that the main application refers to are downloaded and put into the corresponding folders... :wink:
Last edited by kylie on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
--