Screen Size / Resolution with Xite

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

I am or will be using

single screen 800*600
No votes
single screen 1440*900.
7%
single screen smaller than 19" (less than 1200 width)
4%
single screen 19" (1200 width)
4%
single screen 22" wide (1600 width)
11%
single screen 24" wide (1920 width)
21%
dual screens 2*17" or smaller
No votes
dual screens 2*19"
21%
single, dual or more, bigger than 1920*1200
29%
none of the above
4%

Total votes: 28

xite knight

Re: Screen Size / Resolution with Xite

Post by xite knight »

I prefer large knobs, so I use 1024*768 on 20" monitors. I compensate for this low-res by using 4 of these monitors (2X2 providing a virtual 40" desktop area - 2048*1536)
Cheers
spacef

Post by spacef »

so that's another point for multi-panels devices.....

could you please explain your method of dividing the image for 4 screens ? (i'm not sure 2 dual gfx card can work)
xite knight

Post by xite knight »

sure

I use a Matrox G-200 mms - 4 graphic chips on one card:

http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Matrox-Mill ... 0-MMS-Quad
Cheers
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

You know, this is a very interesting topic Mehdi. I reckon if you asked 1000 Scope users what their monitor setup was, the most popular would be 2 x 19". But then for XITE maybe you're looking at dealing with users with those bigger screens... I don't know. All I know is that I would be perfectly happy with XITE & whatever plugs run on it displayed on a single 14" laptop monitor. :D
spacef

Post by spacef »

don't worry most of my own devs will remain small for most screens and the subject is mainly relevant to big devices such as mixers and big synths, and also to visual confort.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

I understand that much. I guess my comment about a laptop with 14" screen was a subliminal message from within saying to me that devices should still be able to run within 1024x768 whether they're a big mixer, big synth or not.
spacef

Post by spacef »

Shroomz~> wrote:I understand that much. I guess my comment about a laptop with 14" screen was a subliminal message from within saying to me that devices should still be able to run within 1024x768 whether they're a big mixer, big synth or not.
yes of course it is not the same to have a mixer on several floating panels (or pages) and a 1600 pixels long mixer in one single panel. it is the same functions but not the same visual/functional confort.
katano

Post by katano »

A stretch or scaling function for the scope GUIs would be nice. Then I could get all the scope stuff organized on my screens exactly how I want it to, sometimes there are just a few pixels missing... I hate overlapping devices!!! Even on my 3 screen setup it's not possible to avoid that when you're doing serious mixing. Yes, I know, there's a screen set possibility in the live bar, but that isn't enough...
dawman

Post by dawman »

Great idea ! That would be cool to downsize the GUI in Paint by percentages. :lol:

I totally agree. Just in case someone might not know, the Live Bar be collapsed vertically, and horizontally. SpaceF's mixers use this little trick to avoid overlapping.