XITE and Scope 4.5

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

Tau

XITE and Scope 4.5

Post by Tau »

So, forgive me is this has already been cleared up, but

- Will the XITE-1 work with Scope v.4.5? :D

I'm guessing "no" is the default answer, anyway... probably for commercial reasons.

T
MayN

Re: XITE and Scope 4.5

Post by MayN »

That would be a gift for Frank
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

we dont know... but since owners of 4.5 get 5.0 for free, why would you use 4.5 :)
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

the19thbear wrote:we dont know... but since owners of 4.5 get 5.0 for free, why would you use 4.5 :)
I think that the licence is free...not the compatibility. :roll:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
pollux

Post by pollux »

I guess his point is about having Flexor running in an XITE1, not about the software upgrade.
You get SFP5 when buying an XITE :)

Just speculating here: one could maybe install SFP5 to get the XITE driver, and then install SFP4.5 and see if it recognizes it ^^
Tau

Post by Tau »

Ops, sorry if the question was a bit misleading... But Pollux and Stardust got me right, and yes, "patiently waiting" is the way to go, just feeling the water here...

to MayN - yes, I see what you mean, that the copy protection scheme for Scope 4.5 is shared between Use audio and S|C, and that would allow the registration of the "chinese" plug-ins on the XITE. But still, you'd have to buy the XITE from S|C, and if you do that, not only do you contribute with a significant amount of cash to the company, but you get most plug-ins bundled in anyway. So, I don't really see an incompatibility there - although I'm not the one who has to decide on these things.

OT - Funny thing, Pollux and Stardust are celestial references, and, obviously, so is Tau, the constellation of Taurus, right next to Gemini, home of Pollux :) My first post here in Planet Z was answered by "Aries" -how about that? :D From what I gather, the creamware marketing used to be a lot about space, with names like Pulsar, Scope, SRB (the rocket boosters to the Space Shuttles) - all heavenly references. This was then heavily contrasted with synth names like Inferno and Poison, who knows why. There are a lot of usernames here that refer to stars, and "Planet Z" also inspires those alien thoughts. But now, it seems that S|C is moving away from that Sci-Fi imagery into a sleeker image. Could Space be "out"? It's out there, that's for sure... And what will be "in"? Will Flexor be in?

Pleasant Orbiting,

T
ChampionSound

Post by ChampionSound »

@ Tau

And don't forget the "U Know" synth, named after a planet (and of course the Roland Juno 106 ;))
Tau

Post by Tau »

Nice one, ChampionSound, you even got me Googling.... We get most planet names from the Greco-Roman mythology, and I knew that Juno, or Hera was the wife of Jupiter (Zeus), father of the Gods. it's common knowledge that Jupiter is what we usually call the fifth and largest planet in out Solar System - but your post made me realize I had no idea of what Juno was, astronomically speaking. So I Wikied it and, guess what, it's an asteroid on the main asteroid belt, between Mars and Jupiter. An asteroid! - the King of Gods was married to an asteroid... It must be a really pretty asteroid...

This going so OT it's scary, but does anybody here know if the Romans actually called the planet Jupiter by that name, or was that decided later? I mean, if Jupiter was god for the romans, could he also be, to them, that specific planet at the same time? Know what I mean? Confusing, I know, but since no-one but S|C can tell us if Scope 4.5 is supported by the XITE, we may as well go OT. :P