SpaceF Mixers Preset Options

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

SpaceF Mixers Preset Options

Post by dawman »

I have had a deeper look at how I would use the FB5 / V82, & FP106C mixers in XITE-1. I had limited use w/ these features in the old card set-ups, and recently made some presets in preparation of XITE-1, where each channel's insert slot and can have an effect loaded.

The Insert Load State actually can use bypass LED's to enable / disable the effect, where a preset can be recalled allowing certain combinations of effects by sending a program change message. These combinations will retain the settings of each effect also, and if one desires, can have their parameters tied to MIDI CC's. Pretty extensive matrixes can be recalled live.

8 Mono channels coming from QWave for example, thanks to Musurgio's awesome 4M8S device, can each have their own 3LFO control & Filter settings, FAT Valve amounts, Pan, multiple insert FX, and 3 Stereo AUX effects for each channel. Talk about options Live ! :o This is one example of how I can run QWave and have high polyphony ( 7 voices ).

This will obviously take alot of time to program, which is understandable, but imagine all of that precious time making these incredible sounds, routings, and effects, and recall them w/ a single push of a button on my KS88. Now that's just not found anywhere in the hardware world, or software world. I plan on making a very signature sound using these tools. I cannot even begin to fathom this @ 96K in 5.1 ? ( @#$%^&* ).

Below are pics of a single channels load state, w/ all LED's enabled, which I cannot see using, then LED's programmed for the desired effect matrix...............SWEEEEEETT !! :D
niceboy

Re: SpaceF Mixers Preset Options

Post by niceboy »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:I have had a deeper look at how I would use the FB5 / V82, & FP106C mixers in XITE-1. I had limited use w/ these features in the old card set-ups, and recently made some presets in preparation of XITE-1, where each channel's insert slot and can have an effect loaded.

The Insert Load State actually can use bypass LED's to enable / disable the effect, where a preset can be recalled allowing certain combinations of effects by sending a program change message. These combinations will retain the settings of each effect also, and if one desires, can have their parameters tied to MIDI CC's. Pretty extensive matrixes can be recalled live.

8 Mono channels coming from QWave for example, thanks to Musurgio's awesome 4M8S device, can each have their own 3LFO control & Filter settings, FAT Valve amounts, Pan, multiple insert FX, and 3 Stereo AUX effects for each channel. Talk about options Live ! :o This is one example of how I can run QWave and have high polyphony ( 7 voices ).

This will obviously take alot of time to program, which is understandable, but imagine all of that precious time making these incredible sounds, routings, and effects, and recall them w/ a single push of a button on my KS88. Now that's just not found anywhere in the hardware world, or software world. I plan on making a very signature sound using these tools. I cannot even begin to fathom this @ 96K in 5.1 ? ( @#$%^&* ).

Below are pics of a single channels load state, w/ all LED's enabled, which I cannot see using, then LED's programmed for the desired effect matrix...............SWEEEEEETT !! :D
We have another setup and as JK superstar is describing here http://www.xited.org/viewtopic.php?f=16 ... 116&e=9116

That and also the fact that he said he is using one Mackie mixer and we are using one Yamaha Mixer one 8 ADAT to Xite , and the other 8 ADAT used to go to MADI.

We also are doing setups that does not need any changes with midi because we use Xite mainly for mastering also out live.

The volyms are controlled in external mixers, but tell me more , are you using Spacef-mixers, and can you do a feedback-loop inside the mixers or what .