XITE=1 Controllers

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

XITE=1 Controllers

Post by dawman »

I have finally found my extra MIDI controller which BTW was Scope certified by Doepfer.

http://www.doepfer.de/db_e.htm

This will provide 128 knobs on 2 x pages of 64 knobs, programmable via PC. That means 32 insert FX, having 4 x parameters each w/ their own knob. Add that to the 25 faders I already have w/ the KS88 and Fader Box.

I have had a " want it now " for 2 years for this!! Finally. It has the Doepfer Fader Box as a companion also. SpaceF mixers have a " Load State " which with a MIDI program change can mute/unmute the selected effects and their combinations. These effects will all have their own knobs now for each editable parameter.

I will be using a single KS88 w/ a Ribbon Controller, a MIDISolutions FP8 w/ 8 x pedals assigned, a Doepfer Fader Box ( Bluie Camo, thank you Wolf ) and now this little beauty.

Live mixing projects will be a sinch now. I was going to a single controller set up in preparation of Solaris Hardware. Now, I have the final missing puzzle piece.

This box is as old as Creamware cards, and even has a CD w/ the Creamware software program?............Cool.

This sounds a little crazy but 2 x expression pedals can be used as Scene changers by fading the master outs of 1 x mixer, while bleeding in the master outs of another mixer where the drum & intial synth bass tracks can begin. I really want to give DJ's a REAL run for their money. As for yearts I have been punished by having to share a stage w/ their polished mixes. They can now learn the frustration I have had for years. My big plus is having great players and a real live BABE for singer. I can now watch them sweat a little. :lol:
Immanuel

Re: XITE=1 Controllers

Post by Immanuel »

I have a strong feeling, that rotary knobs (rotary potentiometers) are not the same as endless rotary encoders. I find the word a bit misleading. Could stille be a fine product, though.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Very True Brotha' Man Stardust,

I was shocked though when Wolf found one in a German music store, brand new.

It cost me an arm and a leg but is a vital piece of kit since I bragged how Scope could do everthing live. One of the players is an excellent Guitarist from Kansas City, Missouri....the " Show Me State ". That's exactly what he said too.............Show me !! So I did. Now I get the task of being the bands Octopuss. :x Cool...I will take a Lion's share of the gross. :wink:

Below is the very well built, accurate pocket fader.

Doepfer could make another manufacturing cycle of these products and do well IMHO. Especially since they all have snapshot abilities.
Tau

Post by Tau »

Still in production is the BitStream3X - half the number of pots and faders, but great programability. I decided to "pimp" mine, as the black background was terribly boring... painting the pot caps is also useful not to get lost in a matrix of buttons that all look alike... I imagine the Doepfer products aren't that different from this.
Attachments
32 knobs, 8 faders, 20 groups and 1 shark
32 knobs, 8 faders, 20 groups and 1 shark
bs3x.jpg (96.04 KiB) Viewed 3346 times
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Hi Jimmy, look to my self made "system 1200" Doepfer Drehbank: 128 Midi CC under my fingers :D
Please note the Minimax sheet to recognize in realtime the assigned midi CC control trough the interface... a real killer!!! 8)

ps. this controller really worth! Hard rock solid and easy to set (it features a dedicated sysex software)
Attachments
cactusound.jpg
cactusound.jpg (126.13 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I really love seeing everyone's set-ups. Eminardi My Brotha',.....That rig is hybrid city !!
Do you have a pdf. I could view ? The download link is inactuve and I am into reading many manuals lately. It looks perfect for the 430 MIDI CC's that this beast is capable of.

http://www.spacef-devices.com/dacore/in ... info&id=29

BitStream is what most of my Bro's use, and the Zero Remote. I am strictly a meat & potatoes kinda' guy who needs to use as many CC's as possible. Nuttin' fancy, except the mixer and effects that will use it.

I am really getting ready for XITE-1 and multiple mixer configs, and just have to share this but of information, as it is also an excellent recording mixer too.

Gigging full time just takes the desire to read and learn right out of you. I needed this time off to learn all of the toys I overlooked. Scope is very deep, and so nice to have for live work.

I have 7 weeks left to read and program some quick start projects for XITE-1's release. That's what is so cool about it. From what Ralf and others have explained to me I will simply transfer my keys over and start jamming right away, except I will have much more power. That's why I am making presets and sub presets for Mehdi's mixers, so when I do load the first project up in XITE-1, These mixers will have their songs / performances ready to go.

42 songs have been recorded into VDAT already, just click intros and drums so far. But I will hopefully have a few weeks to do some background vocals and add Dynatube Bass & Guitar Amp Models, if not the show must go on.

But I will still be busy through next spring tweaking and learning everything.

I was wondering.............. you don't think the start-up default project in XITE-1 will be w/ the STM1632 do ya'? Probably the STM128256 5.1 @ 96k.... :lol: That oughtta shock those DSP chips into action 'eh?

Scope On My Brotha's From Other Motha's. :wink:
David

Post by David »

The OHM64 by Livid Instruments

Approximate reading time: 1 minute
dawman

Post by dawman »

Awesome find Brotha' Man Feg,... :wink:
That controller is kind of what I have been looking for.
It does much more than just MIDI too.
I can actually run matrix based QWERTY replacements.
I am interested in using a small 8" TFT for emergencies only which could replace the 8U LCD I have, and also a matrix based QWERTY replacement.
When I am gigging I never need to do anything but start up the app, shut the 1U QWERTY/KVM drawer and jam. I am hoping this could work alongside of the miniature TFT so I can have a decent surface which can accept MIDI CC's from my 88 and just have a 4U at the gig. No mixer ATA for the LCD, no QWERTY, etc.
The whole idea w/ the XITE-1 was to add more flexibility and power, while downsizing.
Within 6 months it will be a reality. ... Have Mercy, no more 16U's packed on both sides, etc.
It really sucks when I have to drag along speakers too.
I wish to be a hit and run mercanary and pull doubles like these other guys I know.

Thanks For The Link.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

I had one of those, its very good, i loved it for controlling the SB404
sold it when i sold my scope boards the first time in a misguided "screw this im going vst" brain fart.

The only thing is, with scope you can feed back the value to the controller when you change presets, and that thing is all pots. even something like the behringer BCR-2000 will instantly change its leds and values to the new preset so you can see whats going on and also not have a jump when you turn a knob.
Last edited by Neutron on Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neutron

Post by Neutron »

Ohm64 = fancy monome in disguise!
nice.
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:Scope On My Brotha's From Other Motha's.
Henceforth abbreviated to SOMBFOM.

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Neutron wrote:
The only thing is, with scope you can feed back the value to the controller when you change presets, and that thing is all pots. even something like the behringer BCR-2000 will instantly change its leds and values to the new preset so you can see whats going on and also not have a jump when you turn a knob.
Something like this ...
Dual BCR 2000 setup fed into a kawai MM16
Dual BCR 2000 setup fed into a kawai MM16
Dual Bcr2000.jpg (68.91 KiB) Viewed 2643 times
Only trouble is this si to large to be set in a 19'' rack (each unit is 3/4th of the width of a rack)

My 2 cents.

CheerZ
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

I have BCR & BCF atm! Maybe I need another BCR. Or a midi keyboard with knobs and feedback capabiliy ? I havent seen many of those.

With XITE I am going to try to properly use midi feedback. I never really used this much with synths/effects. Only feedback I had with the cards was for main mixer sliders.

I think when you recall a midi preset it will send out current values of all the knobs/sliders/.. which where stored in the preset. So when I setup a button on my BCR which loads the midi presets of the device(s) I want to control, the knobs on the BCR should all jump to current positions when I press it. I havent set this up yet but I think thats how its supposed to work :lol:

I guess its maybe a bit hard to setup right, but once its working having midi feedback is awesome :)
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Anyone played with the new Nocturn controllers?
http://www.novationmusic.com
Joel
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

netguyjoel wrote:Anyone played with the new Nocturn controllers?
http://www.novationmusic.com
I've had one for some time. Wonderful for controlling plugs and synths within the host via Automap. Also works as a standalone normal CC gizmo. The larger Remote Zero looks tasty.

http://www.novationmusic.com/products/m ... te_zero_sl

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

More knobs w/ faders, yup, more control...but for the BCF & BCR owners, the feedback w/ preset changing w/ the lights surrounding the dial, is pretty cool as well (imho).
Joel