I'll want XITE rev2 with internal HD

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

kylie
Rank-o-phile

Re: I'll want XITE rev2 with internal HD

Post by kylie »

Fede wrote:
kylie wrote:*scratch* but they refer to absolute paths. shouldn't it refuse to work if those files are gone? did you reboot between your tests?
I've said driver installation would be the only process required.
Driver installation copies driver files to the %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\drivers folder, then inserts keys in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE to inform the system what type of hardware and the name of the driver files required to use it.

In my test I haven't uninstalled the driver, I've only moved sfp folder. :)
thi's clear. that's why I asked. I wanted to know if there is any relation to the files referenced in the registry as \\?/D:/Programme/Scope/andthensomepath/some.sys. (that's where I installed it to).
the drivers copied to %systemroot% is another thing. they have to be installed there on every system. but what about the other registry keys? do they matter? and when exactly do they matter?
Fede wrote:
kylie wrote:
Fede wrote:P.S.: ...there's a lot of unused space on the front right
yeah, they made it look very nice. why must you ruin it? :)
...maybe the'll do an ugly version just for me! :lol:
when the first run is sold out, they might consider pimping your xite.

you can still do it the pendrive way, if they don't :)

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
Fede

Post by Fede »

kylie wrote:thi's clear. that's why I asked. I wanted to know if there is any relation to the files referenced in the registry as \\?/D:/Programme/Scope/andthensomepath/some.sys. (that's where I installed it to).
the drivers copied to %systemroot% is another thing. they have to be installed there on every system. but what about the other registry keys? do they matter? and when exactly do they matter?
Don't know about those entries.
*.sys files are drivers, they might be a reference to the source installation path, usually kept for uninstallation tasks.
I'm at work so I cannot check it, but I can do some research if you post the reg key and file names.
kylie wrote:when the first run is sold out, they might consider pimping your xite.

you can still do it the pendrive way, if they don't :)
I'll do for sure :wink:
...I like very much the idea of permanently keeping Scope stuff on a dedicated storage, independent from system drive or other partitions polluted with tons of everything. Unfortunately good rules not to mix audio with anything are bent as soon as drive space is required for some other reason...

btw, I don't think S|C would do any customization for just me, nor I need this feature in a way to ask them for it, in the end I'm only a hobbyist who can carry pen drives.
I'm only saying that a similar thing would be possible and easily doable in almost no time and it should be considered in a future perspective.

cheers
Fede
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Fede wrote:I'm at work so I cannot check it, but I can do some research if you post the reg key and file names.
I'll look them up again somewhen these days.
but I never installed scope from that folder, that much is clear. I have a special installation-kits-for-everything folder on another drive, so the file location is almost impossible to refer to the installation source on my system (if I haven't gone totally stupid these days).
Fede wrote:I'm only saying that a similar thing would be possible and easily doable in almost no time and it should be considered in a future perspective.
it might be doable "in almost no time" if you're fine with another (usb) cable for the drive. integrating it into the PCIe extender solution seems to me more than work for a few minutes. it would be like soldering a hard disk controller and a bridge chip onto a scope card and announcing its existance via pci, providing drivers for it etc... :wink:

the idea of having a portable copy of your scope environment that is always in sync with your home or whereever folder isn't a bad idea, but I don't see the possibility to integrate it easily into xite right now. but maybe I'm too pessimistic on that.

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.