Scope 5

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

capacitor

Re: Scope 5

Post by capacitor »

Have Faith. The extended timeline for Scope 5/Xite-1 isn't even CLOSE to the delays for Duke Nukem Forever.

:P
The first action people should take is to remove cash from Banrural, and break the banks of corrupt people. #escandalogt
sherlock

Post by sherlock »

Probably Sonic Core could turn it into an open source project to speed up the progress of development.

Or employ a second developer...
garyb

Post by garyb »

open source would take even longer. :lol:

there aren't many who really know this kind of coding....

the BEST in the business(really) are working on it.
JIRI

Post by JIRI »

WTF !!!!!!

These bastards have no justification for their lack of respect to their customers ... i really like my "CREAMWARES" The 4 of them ... but this has gone too far , more than 1 year keeping up their blasphemy ...soon , soon , its all they say . My question is when ?
Theyre making the same mistakes Creamware did ..."lying to the customers" ( soon isnt one year and half )
I really dont care anymore if they know the meaning of , appointment , schedule , deadline , afterhours , overnight, etc...
I dont care also if you censor my post cause im really a lurker and i only made my account to express my current disappointment.
I dont care if you dont complain about the fact that soniccore is not taking this issue seriously , and that for me they have no more credibility whatsoever.
Who cares if their platform isnt ready to work with the USELESS windows Vista , just release it for OSX and XP and lets see what happens.
I am lucky to have a good bunch of DSP platforms (PT HD3 accel , SSL duende , 3x Uad and 2x Powercore MkII , 4 Creamwares 1 prof 1 proyect & 2 Pulsar ) And agree that Scope platform is really one of the most advanced solutons today but man i really want to try Scope 5 on OSX with logic ... and i want to add that im not a mac lover , as a matter of fact to prove it i can say that i use my protools on windows Xp cause it works better than on a mac.
So to finish this boring blabering , i only want to add that Scope platform has true potential of becoming the prefered Dsp solution today and bring down those protools f*ckers to their knees. But with this attitude from the directives of SIC i really doubt so , in fact its a good reason for a new bankrupcy. My only advice try to look at the Universal Audio guys theyre doing really well with their promos and their accesible plugin prices, nice friendly immediate and responive tech support. And yes my scope 4.5 with 4.0 keysfile works like a charm but it doesnt change the fact that SIC has no selfrespect nor respect to their customers , theyre not bearing in mind the actual market solutions & business strategies & PR to make a software upgrade really happen on a stated deadline beside the complexity of the dsp programming to do.

Conclusion : I still like better the sound of my " protools sound card " on any DAW than Creamware cards, not taking into account that the workflow using an integrated dsp/daw solution like protools can bing on the table .

PD: I hope that SIC can make me eat my words with that all new Scope platform 5
:o :D :-? :x :( :cry: :wink:
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

JIRI wrote:my scope 4.5 with 4.0 keysfile works like a charm
Excellent. The glass is half full.

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

JIRI wrote:WTF !!!!!!

*NOISE*
I understand your frustration. I have no idea why they choose/have to to keep quiet about things.
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

Jiri, sorry but you are complaining the very day of Namm show and we all know that SC and John Bowen have a booth for Xite and solaris. The time has come :o ... and Xite seems to be the ONLY audio interface for laptop with so much power and plugins. Even the forthcoming uad expander will be a "mere" DSP rack without in-outs. I cannot understand such a strategy .. Everybody looking for a pro mobile laptop need exetrnal HDs, an audio interface and power. Powercore and UAD (i am talking about the new expander that should be launched in 2009) need firewire. Hummm, .. while you have to connect 2 important devices : HD(s) and audio interface. Xite gathers audio in-outs + DSP. For me, that's the best idea they had. Creamware spirit (remember the first elektra and pulsar1) is alive... And i hope Xite is now ready for the Namm show :D :D :D :D :D :D
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I could be all wrong, but as I recall things, all SC has said about v5 is, that it will be kind of a porting to Xite - and there will be some new devices, but if these will be included or payed extras ... I don't know.

Really, work on on your v4 or v4.5. Don't expect v5 to turn your work from enthusiastic amateur to pro or stuff like that. Gear does not do that. Dedication, loads of intense work - and likely some natural skill - does that.
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
garyb

Post by garyb »

true enough.

besides, Scope is already good enough to get Grammy nominations and an Academy Award. any improvement in sound would be a great thing, but if the current sound isn't good enough, it's the user's fault.
tripstation

Post by tripstation »

I agree with the Vista probs.
Who uses it for audio anyway?
What I need is true multiprocessor (how hard can it be ?) support in scope 5.
So I can use it with my Dual Xeon XP setup!

Trying to get this thread going again.
The only way I could see to do it was to edit the original post.
So does Scope 5 work with Dual Xeon CPU's under XP ( Asus PC-DL Deluxe).
I remember getting the stuttering thing and then the system freezing.
Has this issue been addressed yet?
regards,
James
Last edited by tripstation on Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Goodwin

Post by Mike Goodwin »

tripstation wrote:?
What I need is true multiprocessor (how hard can it be ?) support in scope 5.
So I can use it with my Dual Xeon XP setup!

regards,
James
Are you saying that scope 4.5 will not work with computers with more than one physical CPU's?
jdieks

Post by jdieks »

yeah, i was wondering what he means too... it runs just fine on my quadcore
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

it doestn work too well with multiple cores in xtc mode..
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Here's a taste of Xite-1 at NAMM.

Video of Gary B giving an overview of the BOX THAT ACTUALLY EXISTS AND WORKS!

You can all stop your whining now :lol:

Video on Vimeo (and soon youtube).
http://www.vimeo.com/2877906

Greg

p.s. and if you'd read the NAMM thread, you'd be more up to date :D
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Tau

Post by Tau »

Thanks Greg and Gary, it's great to see it actually working. I wanna have a closer look (here in my place :)) soon. Pretty nice to see the transparent GUI when you move things around, and everything seems to be running smoothly, at least on the graphics side.

And Gary, your hair doesn't look that scary :D

Thanks again, G+G!

T
bill3107

Post by bill3107 »

thank you guys !!!!! The transparency of the devices, when moving, is a great idea :D

Jo
wayne

Post by wayne »

Tau wrote:
And Gary, your hair doesn't look that scary :D
You only saw 15% of it :D

Hair's no scare, Xite is :)
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

GaryB, very cool!
full respect for the nice overview. well done :D
jimk

Post by jimk »

Been a long time user of SCOPE and Creamware (probably 10 years at least). And I love the concept and want to continue supporting this platform.

I enjoyed Gary B's video demo and this probably bought me a few more months before I need to abandon SCOPE.

If any of you have been use SCOPE for a long time, the best feature IMHO is the ability to WIRE all of your audio through a common interface. The second advantage is the software synths that are second to none of the VST models.

The effects and processing inside of Scope is SO-SO but I haven't updated any of the basic stuff since OPTI MASTER and a fancy reverb system (which I forget who make its).

To be honest, the VST plug in effects/processors I use sound much better and smoother than the SCOPE stuff. I don't use SYNTHs but the SYNTH emulations inside of SCOPE pretty much stand up to the best VST synth as far as sound quality.

Anyway, I have a need to upgrade to a 64 bit system for larger RAM needs for soft samplers and have been patch working my projects at the expense of frequent crashes due to RAM issues.

I don't necessarily want to move to PT (but I might) and have been looking seriously at a few UAD2 QUAD but haven't made a decision waiting for SONIC CORE to get their act together.

Hurry UP... I can't wait much longer.

Thanks,
Jim
Jim K

The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI
www.lldom.blogspot.com
dawman

Post by dawman »

I maxxed out my RAM too from Giga/Kontackt Romplers, and added the 3GB switch.
Helped alot but I recently maxxed that out, but thankfully my live needs don't include large Orchestral stuff.
I really want to practice Orchesrtal mock ups in my downtime and my only work around is load as much as I can and record those tracks, then reload and do more.
It's a real PITA for this kind of work and the libraries I find the most authentic and so damn resource hungry. I have to program them to load w/o the IR's, and then select other economical shortcits, etc. I would rather be recording instead of spending so much time trying to get my Core 2 Duo and RAM to accomodate these large Orchestral instruments.
At the end of the day 64bit will make things easier, but I can get by fine w/ 32bit until I have a need for such massive templates.
But I do want SC to add these once they get rolling.