QWAVE 1.2 BETA

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

QWAVE 1.2 BETA

Post by dawman »

Well for those of us who have QWave, there is a new trick added soon that makes this already fierce piece of kit, an indestructable device.

I have heard recordings of the Waldorf Wave many times, but sadly never got to see, or play one. So I am not sure if the Waldorf ever really sounded like an analog synth / hybrid w/ Wave Oscillators.

I only remember hearing the song track from the hit movie " The Breakfast Club ", and just loving the synth track from the song, " Don't Forget About Me, by Simple Minds. I wanted that synth so bad, and when I found out it was 8000 USD, sadly I opted for a sample library of it instead.

So I really have no other synth to reference this to.

But now monophonic leads are strange and very analog sounding, and the pads are full of motion.

Scope 3rd Party Developers Just Rule The Planet, and The PlanetZ as well.
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

What is your standard Scope set up on the routing window, Jimmy - I'm curious what it looks like?
dawman

Post by dawman »

When using hungry synths like QWave I use the above modules.

Usually Source & Destination Modules, a synth w/ the stock effects turned off, and an effect module.

That's all about to change very soon though when XITE-1 ships. :wink:
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

Yeah, I've built this new PC with a Intel Q9450 with 4Gb RAM in XP (bizarrely I didn't have to do that /3Gb fix thing on XP - XP Service Pack 3 reports my PC as having 3.5 Gb with Extended Physical Memory - must be a SP3 fix) - I wanted to wait until Scope 5 was out but I couldn't be bothered to wait so I loaded up Scope 4.5 - been running for a couple of days - ran a few projects though Ableton Live 7 - barely went above 8% - now I'm gonna load Kontakt 3 and Emulator X2 (which I got dirt cheap in a blow out) -- next I'll buy the VSL Special Edition to run in Sibelius 5!

That P4 CPU - I was so crippled with that!

BTW - is Scope 5 free if you purchased 4.5?

XITE-1 will have to wait 3-4 months (is that the end of my old card?)
dawman

Post by dawman »

SP3 is a great little O.S. for those who wish to stay 32bit.

I don't even really see the need for 64 bit since GS4 uses it's memory much better, and multiple threads.

Post some Ableton stuff in the music thread if you find the time.

I really like that apps live flow. Well from what I;ve seen that is.

I worked side by side w. a DJ who used it with Kyma. He was way ahead of the curve w/ mixing, morphing, time stretching, etc.

Good Luck To You Brotha' Man.