SCOPE XITE-1: new DSP hardware from Sonic Core!

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

next to nothing

Re: SCOPE XITE-1: new DSP hardware from Sonic Core!

Post by next to nothing »

according to the link he posted, Scope5 for PCI cards is planned released in about a week.
maky325

Re:

Post by maky325 »

kylie wrote:
Throttler wrote:Do you think they will release smaller X-ite boards ? Like X-ite 1 junior, with smaller dsp power ?
I hope so, and they did not deny the possibility that something like that might come later (from what I've read).
2698 EUR excl. VAT is very cheap for what X-ite 1 offers, but still it's quite an amount of money.
yep, thats true, and also the reason why I did not add myself (yet) to the line of potential early adopters...

-greetings, markus-
I hope for something like PCI-E Xite card, half power of big XITE (yet still 5X then one scope PRO 15 DSP if xite big is really 10X) in price range of 1000EUR. With option to transfer all my plugin license. That would be something...though it is not impossible to reach for XITE-1 but 2500EUR is really big money for "bedroom artist" :)
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Not 10 min. ago, I emailed a guy...mentioning the EXACT same thing!
:o
+1
Joel
oxygenial

Re: Re:

Post by oxygenial »

mpodrug wrote: I hope for something like PCI-E Xite card, half power of big XITE (yet still 5X then one scope PRO 15 DSP if xite big is really 10X) in price range of 1000EUR. With option to transfer all my plugin license. That would be something...though it is not impossible to reach for XITE-1 but 2500EUR is really big money for "bedroom artist" :)
I can only agree with you! 3000EUR is a lot of dough for a "bedroom artist", but even so. It's here, finally!
garyb

Post by garyb »

it's a lot, but what a long term investment! this is the biggest "bang for the buck" product EVER....
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Bedroom artists still get good deals on the cards. Just because Michael Schumacher drives the most crazy Ferrari doesn't mean, that I can not get by for my "needs" with a BMW.

(actually, I do not even have a drivers license, but I like car analogies) :lol:
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
katano

Post by katano »

Immanuel wrote:Bedroom artists still get good deals on the cards. Just because Michael Schumacher drives the most crazy Ferrari doesn't mean, that I can not get by for my "needs" with a BMW.

(actually, I do not even have a drivers license, but I like car analogies) :lol:
well, Michael Schumacher is retired, afaik :roll:
winger

Post by winger »

Ralf,

Could you have the scope 5 documtention posted on the web site since it is now shipping? It would be nice to know what is new for us to look forward to?
mark winger
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

winger wrote:Could you have the scope 5 documtention posted on the web site since it is now shipping? It would be nice to know what is new for us to look forward to?
documentation is still in the finalizing process (or was, when I asked for a release date for sfp5 last week), but will be there with the release, so I assume there will be no manual _before_ sfp5 is approved for upload to the servers.

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

garyb wrote:it's a lot, but what a long term investment! this is the biggest "bang for the buck" product EVER....
You are totally right. Still 2700 eur is way above my situation and to me even half power of xite, (half priced) would be biggest bang for the buck! But totally you are right there! Buying xite-1 once and i am calm for years...
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

mpodrug wrote:
garyb wrote:it's a lot, but what a long term investment! this is the biggest "bang for the buck" product EVER....
You are totally right. Still 2700 eur is way above my situation and to me even half power of xite, (half priced) would be biggest bang for the buck! But totally you are right there! Buying xite-1 once and i am calm for years...
I could be wrong, but I doubt that you would get half the power for half the price. That's just not how it works. An XITE rack with the same features and only 3 of those new dsps instead of 12 would easily be worth 1350 eur. :wink:
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

Shroomz~> wrote:I could be wrong, but I doubt that you would get half the power for half the price. That's just not how it works. An XITE rack with the same features and only 3 of those new dsps instead of 12 would easily be worth 1350 eur. :wink:
Shroomz is correct! Most people think that, naturally you just take the cost of something, cut in half, and you've got exactly half of whatever it is (like a cake or pizza). But that is definitely not how costs work in audio hardware, I can tell you!
-john b.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

Skip the rack...make it a PCIe card, eliminate the mic pre..put a pigtail on it....and???

I'm not suggesting, 1/2 the DSP for half the price...but somewhere...finding a happy, less expensive medium???

Just a thought, gentlemen.. I think the overall volume, and when you are talking about the industry as a business...doesn't volume make sense?
Joel
maky325

Post by maky325 »

netguyjoel wrote:Skip the rack...make it a PCIe card, eliminate the mic pre..put a pigtail on it....and???

I'm not suggesting, 1/2 the DSP for half the price...but somewhere...finding a happy, less expensive medium???

Just a thought, gentlemen.. I think the overall volume, and when you are talking about the industry as a business...doesn't volume make sense?
Exactly. My "half power-half priced" is just observation. I am sure it is not simple as that...
garyb

Post by garyb »

they still sell the old cards....
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

I wonder if that "half power = half price" logic is based on the assumption that R&D - both in terms of hard- and software is free?
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

xite (and pci) software was upgrade to build 2609. I assume it's still RC.
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.