SCOPE XITE-1: new DSP hardware from Sonic Core!

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

katano

Post by katano »

kylie wrote:
FrancisHarmany wrote:
kylie wrote: I'll give him 250. anyone? going... going... gone! sold to the guy named kylie. calm down, everybody. they're gone :)
sorry man you too late!!!! he already shipped them...........
that does not mean he's not able to redirect the delivery.
you can do this online, did you know? :)
calm down guys :-) it'll not be delivered before i got my new system ;-)
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

piddi wrote:www.xite-1.com :)
i prefer www.xite-1.com
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

MCCY wrote:I don't think that you will get DYNATUBE as a "gift" as it was with scope. DYNATUBE simulations are worth 600+ € at least & I bet this will be the price for them on Xite... See, this is a real pro platform now because of the pro-price (as I said, which is really cheap in my eyes) & now 3rd party will finally make PRO-prices too, because on such a platform the big buyers buy their stuff.
this is the protools approach. make a plugin, and sell the tdm version for double the price of the native version ("yeah, it runs on dsp now. that's not for free").

I hope SC doesn't want to go that way. it's just milking the upper class.

it depends on what their target group is. if I'm not in anyway, the price does not make any difference. if there is a big market for it even for the bigger price tag, they would be stupid to sell it for less.
I would just go on like I do now, until all my cards have died. then would be the time to reconsider the situation...

just my 2c.

-greetings, markus-

ps. this is all speculation, isn't it? :)
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

I would be very dissapointed if the prices rise alot.

I can understand there will be a small jump in prices, because now you can load much more devices on one system. In the past you perhaps bought a devices 2 or 3 times to load it on multiple systems.
marcianus

Post by marcianus »

kylie wrote:
hifiboom wrote: If they use 4 lanes for example you wil have almost 10 times the transfer bandwidth of the old system.
they won't, unless they want to force everybody to buy expensive server boards for their pcs.
I don't know anything about the specs of an intel mac, concerning pci-e, but most consumer pc boards are equipped with pci-e x1 only.
Error:

some examples:

Asus p5k premium:

2 x PCIe x16 (blue @ x16 mode, black @ x4 or x1 mode) supports CrossFire Technology
2 x PCIe x1

P5W64 WS Professional

4 x PCIe x16 slot
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

yes my new board has, I think:
3x PCI
3x PCI E 1x
1x PCI E 16x
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

it costs what it costs.

the rest is typical planetz speculation crap...

why should they raise the prices for the plug-ins?

it should be backwards compatible, that does also include that your old licenses transfer to the new platform.
so you won`t buy the plug-ins again. Every other philosophy would be very very strange.
DYNATUBE simulations are worth 600+ € at least & I bet this will be the price for them on Xite... See, this is a real pro platform now because of the pro-price (as I said, which is really cheap in my eyes) & now 3rd party will finally make PRO-prices too, because on such a platform the big buyers buy their stuff.
Martin, your statement really is pure nonsense. :lol: no offense.
Do you think any plug-in will sound better because it runs on a newer chip? and whats that pro-thing you are talking about. Protools?

and btw all dynatube guitar amps cost 189,-
whats the deal? misinformation?
and what has dynatube to do with XITE hardware?
Last edited by hifiboom on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
motormind

Post by motormind »

Will the A16 Ultra be compatible with this one? I notice a lack of FireWire connectors there.
dawman

Post by dawman »

I agree that the backwards compatibilty Soniccore has provided will be quite valuable.

Perhaps whoever buys one of these will be able to rid themselves of the SDK agreement and start selling their devices also.

A nice love devotion hobby, that could be an additional source of income.

The quality of devices spurred on from the competition will be at an astounding level IMHO.

SDK and 3rd party guys will no longer have to comprimise w/ people whining about the size of the GUI, or the consumption of the DSP power.

DAS, Wolf, and SpaceF's recent full screen devices seem to have been good preparation for them.

I think the time for Shroomz, MCCY, Hifiboom and others to become developers draws near.

Nothing spurs development like a little competition.

I know one thing, my DAW for production using Avid DNxcel and XITE-1 will welcome full screen devices since Multiple displays of audio and video are crucial.

Las Vegas Sports Books and certain live performers like Stardust's favorite Celine Dion :lol: have been using 100's of large linked multiple displays for years. My partner here in town has consulted for several of these stage and Sports Book extravaganza's, and he will design my Video / DAW. Of course I hope to have GaryB deliver the XITE-1 and do the build here in a larger room, I promise. :wink:

My small gathering of the founding fathers at Christmas time 2007 was lots of fun, but the room was too small, and the meal we all shared together at this rip off restaraunt was damn near insulting. I think I embarrassed my guests and their wives, but I never saw and paid so much for a miniature portion of food in my life. Each course of the meal was more insulting than the first !! The desert was a thumbnail sized cookie brought to us on fine China, as if that made this acceptable. I would have preffered toothless, drunk Mariachi performers than that.

As John F. Kennedy said in his famous speech in Germany, 1962....................................................................................ICH BIN EIN XITE-1'r.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

marcianus wrote:
kylie wrote: I don't know anything about the specs of an intel mac, concerning pci-e, but most consumer pc boards are equipped with pci-e x1 only.
Error:

some examples:

Asus p5k premium:

2 x PCIe x16 (blue @ x16 mode, black @ x4 or x1 mode) supports CrossFire Technology
2 x PCIe x1

P5W64 WS Professional

4 x PCIe x16 slot
ok, you've got a point here.
unlike agp pci-e should accept non-graphic cards in a peg slot. this would nevertheless render all setups with the recommended intel boards (dp965lt, dp35dpm etc.) obsolete...

-greetings, markus-
--
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

"SDK and 3rd party guys will no longer have to comprimise w/ people whining about the size of the GUI, or the consumption of the DSP power. "

i hope you understand there is a difference between whining and constructive feedback :)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

DP35DPM has PCI-E ................

so why is it obsolete ?
hubird

Post by hubird »

nr of channels (lanes) then?
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

piddi wrote:"SDK and 3rd party guys will no longer have to comprimise w/ people whining about the size of the GUI, or the consumption of the DSP power. "

i hope you understand there is a difference between whining and constructive feedback :)
I usually camoflage my whining as constructive feedback. Ask Mehdi he
prolly has an inbox filter for me :P
petal

Post by petal »

Big congrats to Sonic Core!

This looks very exciting indeed both technically but also aestehically - I guess calling it sexy isn't far off.

I truely hope that this will be a huge success for you guys behind this, and I hope you'll gain economic security for the company and yourself for many years to come with this new line of products - You truely deserve it!

Cheers!
Thomas :)
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

hubird wrote:nr of channels (lanes) then?
INTEL DP35DP:
Expansion Capabilities

* Three PCI Conventional* bus add-in card connectors
* Three PCI Express* x1 bus add-in card connector
* One PCI Express x16 bus add-in card connector

Should be usuable right ?
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

motormind wrote:Will the A16 Ultra be compatible with this one? I notice a lack of FireWire connectors there.
as said before: connecting it via ADAT should work, but there is no Z-Link port on the XITE.
so the answer to your question is both yes and no.
--
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

FrancisHarmany wrote:DP35DPM has PCI-E ................

so why is it obsolete ?
it is obsolete if your setup meets a certain condition:

- you have a PEG card installed (this should be the most common case, since it has no onboard graphics)
- the XITE host card uses a slot > pci-e x1 (that is still unconfirmed)

if I understood pci-e correctly you can use a card in a bigger slot with less lanes than that slot offers, but not the other way round.

got the point?

-greetings, markus-
--
FrancisHarmany

Post by FrancisHarmany »

No got the point.... it seems to me you can use a PCI GFX and have enough slots availible ?