Xite Effects loaded as 32 Bit Effects

The Sonic Core XITE hardware platform for Scope

Moderators: valis, garyb

bigdealz

Xite Effects loaded as 32 Bit Effects

Post by bigdealz »

I have had my Xite-1 up for sale, but I thought I would set it up with my new system as it is just sitting there.

I am using Cubase 9 which now blacklists any 32 bit plugins. While installing Scope V5.1 it asked me where to add effects as VST effects.
The program installed OK and the Xite is working fine, but when I opened Cubase 9, it had blacklisted all the effects as 32 effects ??

I don't understand why it did that. I did a 64 bit installation.

Does anyone have some info on this?

Thanks
garyb

Re: Xite Effects loaded as 32 Bit Effects

Post by garyb »

there is no XTC mode in 64bit windows.

if Scope is not opened in XTC mode, then the Scope plugins don't exist when Cubase tries to verify them. Scope plugins are not inside the computer, they are inside the XITE.

for quickie stuff, i can totally understand why you would mix in Cubase, but for serious productions, mixing in Scope is a much better idea. you have plenty of DSP power....
bigdealz

Post by bigdealz »

OK, thanks Gary.

So I guess that's set in stone, and it wouldn't matter even if I had a later version of Scope?
I am surprised that they weren't done as 64 bit.. thinking ahead etc.

Anyway, I found I can use them as external effects. Cubase 9 has an option to send out and return back in again for external effects, just set them up in the routing window.

Cheers
garyb

Post by garyb »

the next version of Scope should have 64bit XTC mode. it cannot be promised until it is finished, however.

the 32 or 64 bit thing has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Scope however, except for the interface with Windows, since Scope plugins are not in Windows.

for your more serious projects, why not try mixing in Scope? you can still use Cubase plugins and automation before sending the track to Scope. things will sound a LOT better that way...

yes, the external plugin option works very well. the only issue is that you need to make sure that you have the ASIO i/o that you need set up in Scope. no big deal...also, you won't be able to do an offline bounce in that configuration. it will need to be a realtime bounce. again, no big deal.
pranza

Post by pranza »

no matter if you install scope for x64 or x32 system, scope vsts are still 32bit;
xtc mode comes from long ago and seems to be unaltered and follows а very old vst standard which doesn't work on some daws even in 32bit.
if you really want to try, try with jbridge. that way you could wrap 32bit plugins in 64bit shells and use all of your 32bit vsts in 64bit daws!
garyb

Post by garyb »

if XTC mode for 64bit is made(i expect it), the wrappers will probably be 64bit(XTC mode is wrappers for the Scope plugins).
bigdealz

Post by bigdealz »

Thanks for the info. The external FX sends in Cubase seem to do the trick OK. Great to here those verbs again.

.. and I have been mixing through Scope / Creemware stuff for over 10 years.. nice to have of options of different ways of working.
garyb

Post by garyb »

of course!

just putting it out there, just in case.