Configuration for editing

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

oniram

Configuration for editing

Post by oniram »

Hi all, first time here.

I have a Pro12 ASB, and while I have had a lot of fun programming it from the panel, I want to be able to edit the all-important dynamics and effect parameters which are only available via the software.

I have installed the software, connected the module via USB, and to my delight, it worked right away. The software ricognized the module, showed the serial number, detected any changes I did on the machine, transferred patches, etc.
(it's an old PC with Windows XP)

Now, the problem is that I want to program the beast while also *playing* it. And since the module is a module, I need a master keyboard.
For logistical reasons, the ideal configuration for me would be the following:

- Master keyboard MIDI out to Pro12 MIDI in, and
- USB connection between computer and Pro12.

Would this work? Would the Pro12 accept to be driven via MIDI (for notes) *and* USB (for parameter changes) at the same time? Or I would risk to mess things up this way?
Before I try to connect anything, I would like the opinion of more expert users.
And in case your advice would be against doing it, what configuration do you use to edit your ASB? How exactly do you connect your master keyboard with the computer and the box?

Thanks a lot in advance! :)
oniram

Re: Configuration for editing

Post by oniram »

Hello..... anybody home?!?
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, it should work fine. did you try it?
oniram

Post by oniram »

Thanks for the response... no, I didn't try it yet; knowing thay the ASBs are somewhat sensitive, I was afraid to mess something up.

Can you confirm that my Pro12 shouldn't explode with that kind of connection? :D (MIDI in from the keyboard + USB communication with the computer)

Thanks a lot!
garyb

Post by garyb »

no, it shouldn't explode.

ASBs aren't that delicate. they aren't made right now(Ferrofish makes an updated B4000), so it's good to be careful with them. i haven't played with one for quite some time, but i think that type of use was expected. i could be wrong about function, but nothing should be broken just from a midi and usb simultaneous connection.
oniram

Post by oniram »

Ok, I'll try it then; in case it won't work, I'll yell for help here once more.... :)

Thanks again!
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)