A tale of stupidity: E1

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

popgoblin

A tale of stupidity: E1

Post by popgoblin »

Hello everyone
I just recieved a used minimax asb yesterday (which I probably overpayed a little for, but thats another story). Played around with it a bit - and loved the sound and especially the feel... I couldn't run the remote software on my Mac, so ran on a PC. Seeing the box was running v. 1.02 i found the 2.0 firmware, saw the keycode in the readme - and the rest is (catastrophic) history... After 20mins of use, my minimax just stands there, blinking at me:

"E1"

I thought that the keycode was generic - and if not, the sw would not be installed, but, alas... After reading this forum, I see that I've made an almost classic error.

I've written support at soniccore with the box's serial, and also 'Ralph' - but no one is responding... (off course, it's summer, so things might have slowed down in Germany., ;) ).

Does anybody here have any ideas at what I can do?? I'm devasted over having jst had 20mins with this very promising baby....

(also, i've figured out a wy to hack the remote software to run with a few glitches on mac osx - but thats another story...)

Crossing fingers for good hints or solutioms....
PopGoblin
garyb

Re: A tale of stupidity: E1

Post by garyb »

first, don't worry.

be patient. Ralf has many emails to slog through and Creamware made the synth, not Sonic|Core. he'll get the keyfile to you, but it'll take a minute.

you shouldn't write multiple emails, though. it's makes the list of emails bigger. if you don't hear anything by monday evening(German time) you might make the request again, but i don't think you'll need to.

nope, no holiday at all for Ralf(good thing he loves Scope)....
popgoblin

Post by popgoblin »

Thank you for your calming words :)

I'll spend the weekend hoping that someone from soniccore will have the time to help me out next week. Nothing has happened yet...

have a great weekend.
garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
popgoblin

Post by popgoblin »

I got the code today from Ralf

...and all is peachy ;-)

My box still says that it's v. 102 - but I guess its "codespeak" for 2.0? (Or??)
garyb

Post by garyb »

if the controls aren't "steppy", then you have the correct firmware.

congrats on getting it going. :)