Plugiator - 3rd party plugz

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

nmp

Plugiator - 3rd party plugz

Post by nmp »

Hello,

Joined the forum while awaiting my plugiator that is being shipped.
[The poor mans Xite ;-) ]

I wonder if any 3rd party plugins are being developed, or is this all strictly use-audio ?

Regards,
nmp
siriusbliss

Re: Plugiator - 3rd party plugz

Post by siriusbliss »

Different company.
No idea of any 3rd party developments.

I'm not even sure they've ironed out the drivers yet.

A friend had one at a recent gig I did last week, and he had trouble keeping it running stable with his Mac.

I HOPE you have better luck with it.

Greg
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

there are no drivers needed to run the plugiator......
it runs stand alone without problem...

if your guy is a synth player, he can set up a midi control surface, to cover all of the parameters on the plugiator... and work with both hands.....

seems it is a mac driver problem....i would always trust hardware control for live interaction over any computer.....a computer can be useful when making presets with the gui, but at that point, you can store the patch in any of the 800 slots and go standalone...

for sequencing, if you must use your computer, do it by a usb-midi device....avoid the direct usb driver debaucle all together...i have seen plugiator controller image cutouts templates on google images for various midi controller surface types ...
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Yes, Mike was attempting to use Live for sequencing and tracking the Plugiator, and couldn't maintain linkage.
He was unable to load his patches.

Greg
Janni

Post by Janni »

no 'news' from use-audio since nearly one year... sorry to say, but I think
there won't be any updates or new plugs.
The PC driver and software have been updated in october 09 but if I remember right even those updates
were not bugfree and some users had to downgrade again.
As a Mac user, I totally lost my trust in use-audio. V1.01 software and driver are rubbish ;-)
They are even older...
VST implementation can only be called 'beta-version'...
If you 'only' need a synth to perform live, without computer connection, it's cool...
Anyone needs a Plugiator with all plugins?
Cheers
Jan
-/-
nmp

Post by nmp »

I also noticed the no news at all for more than a year.
But I would like still to get one, so I'm buying one 2nd hand (only found one with the basic plugz).
nmp

Post by nmp »

I hope that I'm still able to get the missing plugins from them ... would you know if it's still possible, or are we talking a dead site here?

I would really like to use the 'creamware' synths in a live setup.
I do own a desktop with the original 'pulsar' (4dsp's) but cannot take this with me.
The only other option is a laptop + XCITE, but being your standard poor wannabe musician I'd need to win the lottery for that.

8)
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I think it's still possible to buy the extra plugs directly online on their web shop when you are registered or through distributors
nmp

Post by nmp »

Hello,

Just received my plugiator... nice indeed.

I'm struggling a bit with the software though, as it seems I cannot drag any of the on-line sounds into a preset file.
The manual is also not very clear on that.

I'm doing something stupidly wrong I guess, so any tips are welcome.

Regards,
nmp
nmp

Post by nmp »

Hi,

Well ... it seems that with v1.01 of the software this dragging from on-line files does work.
In V2.0 however, it doesn't anymore (at least on my PC), this is very annoying.
So, I got all the on-line sounds I wanted and for the moment I do not need the functionality anymore.

Anyway, I like the little box.

I also have the feeling this one will not be supported for very long anymore.
Does anyone know if use-audio is still an active company or are they only selling stock while it lasts?
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

InDSP is the company which designed the plugiator and I suspect they also designed the ASB/klangbox series.
Use Audio seems to be the commercial company.
I do not know which company produce the Plugiator but I guess that use audio is doing it.

I do not know which company is active or not, but it looks like the plugiator is not selling so bad. Still a bit like a strange box for most hobbyist but a friend of mine borrowed one of my plugiator to have an idea of the B4000 sound ... and really loves the Minimax sound !!!
nmp

Post by nmp »

Well, I'm glad the plugiator exists.
But you'll have to say that if nobody tell's you what it's about, you'd overlook it in the shop.
It doesn't have the sex-apeal to lure to it and play with it in a store.

I actually never seen one in a store, so that proves the point of overlooking it (or they just don't have one)

When it arrived i was actually pleasantly surprised, it's not as ugly as expected and built very well and steel, not plastic!.

I was a little dissapointed the first couple of hours when connecting it to a PC getting it updated + getting some of the online sounds into it. 2.0 doens't allow to drag online sounds & 1.01 doesn't show the control panel on my PC & then software keyboard doesn't work (other communications with the plugiator do work... PC and Plugiator do see each other).

So I had to get them both installed to use all functionallity.
I hope these troubles are specific to my PC (Win7).

I found out that you can install 2nd & 3rd instances of a plug on the 4 free slots, getting you more available presets.

So getting the plugiator configured the way I wanted to I disconnected it from the PC, and it may not get connected again in the near future.

Then then I connected it via Midi in my setup, and only then I started to realize that this white breadbox can make some seriously inspiring noise.
It's not leaving anymore.

So if Use-Audio is designing the Plugiator 2 they should concentrate on the packaging to lure the gearheads in the shop to it ...

For instance the little Arturia keyboard that they give with the analog factory software has this appeal -> it makes it stand out in all the other software packages. And even if you really do not need another controller keyboard, this one is so cute that you might walk out of the store with the software package... even if you're not interested in softsynths.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... intro.html

A plugiator in a thing like that would really sell ... :wink:
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

siriusbliss wrote:Yes, Mike was attempting to use Live for sequencing and tracking the Plugiator, and couldn't maintain linkage.
He was unable to load his patches.

Greg
thats really unfortunate.... especially since thereare 800 user save slots on the hardware you can access without any computer assistance...
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

nmp wrote:Well, I'm glad the plugiator exists.
But you'll have to say that if nobody tell's you what it's about, you'd overlook it in the shop.
It doesn't have the sex-apeal to lure to it and play with it in a store.

I actually never seen one in a store, so that proves the point of overlooking it (or they just don't have one)

When it arrived i was actually pleasantly surprised, it's not as ugly as expected and built very well and steel, not plastic!.

I was a little dissapointed the first couple of hours when connecting it to a PC getting it updated + getting some of the online sounds into it. 2.0 doens't allow to drag online sounds & 1.01 doesn't show the control panel on my PC & then software keyboard doesn't work (other communications with the plugiator do work... PC and Plugiator do see each other).

So I had to get them both installed to use all functionallity.
I hope these troubles are specific to my PC (Win7).

I found out that you can install 2nd & 3rd instances of a plug on the 4 free slots, getting you more available presets.

So getting the plugiator configured the way I wanted to I disconnected it from the PC, and it may not get connected again in the near future.

Then then I connected it via Midi in my setup, and only then I started to realize that this white breadbox can make some seriously inspiring noise.
It's not leaving anymore.

So if Use-Audio is designing the Plugiator 2 they should concentrate on the packaging to lure the gearheads in the shop to it ...

For instance the little Arturia keyboard that they give with the analog factory software has this appeal -> it makes it stand out in all the other software packages. And even if you really do not need another controller keyboard, this one is so cute that you might walk out of the store with the software package... even if you're not interested in softsynths.

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/pro ... intro.html

A plugiator in a thing like that would really sell ... :wink:
the only problem i ever experienced after going to 2.0 was i had to update my flashplayer so it would function like the earlier model.... the early version worked fine for me on an xp pc...
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
nmp

Post by nmp »

Can you drag on-line sounds into a bank with your 2.0?
[That is the only thing that doesn't function for me in 2.0, and I do not know if it's the application or something else on my PC causing this.]
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

nmp wrote:Can you drag on-line sounds into a bank with your 2.0?
[That is the only thing that doesn't function for me in 2.0, and I do not know if it's the application or something else on my PC causing this.]
i can't recall what my initial problem was.... but the first version worked fine for me.... then i updated to 2.0 and every thing malfunctioned... i even lost presets...but after contacting useaudio, they gave me a link to a version of flash player that didnt clash and that fixed everything.... luckily, my online user presets, were still up online and i recalled them.... contact useaudio.... they will set you straight..

http://www.use-audio.com/contact.htm
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
cram1960

Post by cram1960 »

Just got this e-mail form Use-Audio on Dec 17th, 2010:

>On 16-12-2010 11:49, Craig wrote:
> I see that the last update to your website was October 2009 !!
>
> I was thinking about getting a Plugiator, but find it strange that there
> have been no bug fixes or updates for over a year...plus not a peep about
> what you guys are up to.
>
> What's cooking over there?
>
> I note that even "Ray" has stopped hanging out in the forums (fora).
>
>
> Thanks!
>
> Craig

"Thank you for writing in to us.

We are in the process of heavy development now and hence there hasn't
been any activity lately as far as our website is concerned. However
anything that is ready for release will be announced at the appropriate
time so please stay tuned!

In the meanwhile please feel free to contact me in case you have any
further queries.

Best regards,
Ray
Support Team
UseAudio "

I call B.S. on the "heavy development".
14 months of silent development is unlikely.
I will refrain from buying a Plugiator until "the appropriate time".
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Appropriate time would probably be Namm Show or MusikMesse ...
cram1960

Post by cram1960 »

HUROLURA wrote:Appropriate time would probably be Namm Show or MusikMesse ...
No, the appropriate time will be when I see some actual movement, not speculative "market-speak".
drtrouthair

Post by drtrouthair »

I see this thread has been running a while so hopefully someone will pick up on my query.

I bought a Plugiator 2-3 years ago and the additional 4 plugins.
I use Ableton on a Mac. Everything was running smoothly - didn't find the software the easiest to get on with but always managed to get there in the end.
Anyway, one of my Moog's is on the blink so I decided to use the Plugiator instead. Don't think I've used it for about 12 months maybe longer.
As a standalone unit it works fine. However it is no longer registering with the software on the Mac.
In utilities the Plugiator is detected, however, the software shows no hardware number - nowt!
It keeps telling me that the unit is busy or not connected.

I contacted Use-Audio and they told me that it doesn't run with the updated Flash driver!
As I use CS5 I am unhappy about downgrading my flash player to an archived version that Adobe strongly advise you don't use on an otherwise updated system.
My mac is running OS 10.6.7 if I recall correctly.

Anyone got any thoughts? Anyone that uses a PC want to buy a Plugiator?