Arturia Origin
No votes
Clavia (Nord lead 1/2/3, Modular G1/G2)
31%
Creamware/SonicCore NOAH Ex + ASB + Use Audio Plugiator/ASX
31%
Korg (Radias, R3)
8%
Novation (Nova, KS, X-station, Xiosynth)
No votes
Roland (JP-8000, Sh-201, Gaia)
No votes
Soundart (Chameleon)
8%
Waldorf (Q, microQ, BloFeld)
8%

Total votes: 13

HUROLURA

Most preferred virtual analog DSP synth

Post by HUROLURA »

Just looking back at what was offered so far by the music synth industry, I just wanted to know your opinion.

Just give us the 3 brand you most prefer (regarding sound, flexibility and ease of use)
HUROLURA

Re: Most preferred virtual analog DSP synth

Post by HUROLURA »

I know this Poll will probably be biased by the fact it is posted on a CreamWare Scope Freeks Forum.

The 10 entry limitation is also frustrating. It would have been nice to be abale to list individual model entries.
For that reason I grouped Alesis and Akai (same developper team) CreamWare/SonicCore/Use-Audio (Scope based synth so to say).

I removed the SOLARIS from the list as I just assume this one is out of range for the competitors !!!

Putting all scope based synth together is also a pity as there are differences between NOAH (most flexible), ASB (most easy to use) and Plugiator (cheapest).

Similary, it would have been to seperate the Nord lead (easier to use) and Nord Modular (most flexible)
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

I just realized list the 3 preferred synth from this list is also difficult for me !!! :D

I can only choose CW/SC NOAH+ASB (what a surprise) and Soundarts Chameleon (most open platform though it's a shame the Chameleon MK II never saw the daylight ...)

But I have no idea how to choose between Clavia Nord Modular G2 and Arturia Origin.

The Waldorf and Novation offer is/was not that bad either though less flexible.
Andy_F

Post by Andy_F »

Ive not voted because i havent owned or used all of the above to make fair judgments..

But i do own and use an Access Virus B which i would say is probably one of the most flexible, easy to use and affordable VA synths..
Lots of knobs (some can be customized), extensive modulation matrix, 4 oscillators with a wide selection of waveforms, 3 LFO with many special features like warping waveforms and spectral waves for LFO, 2 filters with many options, lots of fx and they're actually useable.
Its a shame many users ive encountered use the Virus as a box full of presets because it is actually a very deep synth.

Also an owner of a Roland JP8080 which obviously is very useful for dance\club music, much more limited than the virus but a nice cleaner sound overall. They compliment each other well.

The funny thing is i originally planned to get a just Minimax ASB but decided it would be better value getting a Pulsar 2 with the synth and sampler pack.. Im so glad i did!!
Now less than a year later im running a 21 DSP system with 3rd party software from Adern, John Bowen and SpaceF and getting my work done better + quicker than ever :D
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

Yes.... lets split that list up.......
I have 2 Asb units to gve thumbs up to and a plugiator that deserve a thumb up over my waldorf and Radias.....
The worst is the waldorf blofeld for sound...second worse is the Radias.... if that is of any help....
HUROLURA wrote:I know this Poll will probably be biased by the fact it is posted on a CreamWare Scope Freeks Forum.

The 10 entry limitation is also frustrating. It would have been nice to be abale to list individual model entries.
For that reason I grouped Alesis and Akai (same developper team) CreamWare/SonicCore/Use-Audio (Scope based synth so to say).

I removed the SOLARIS from the list as I just assume this one is out of range for the competitors !!!

Putting all scope based synth together is also a pity as there are differences between NOAH (most flexible), ASB (most easy to use) and Plugiator (cheapest).

Similary, it would have been to seperate the Nord lead (easier to use) and Nord Modular (most flexible)
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........