MiniMax & CuBase 5

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

nimaccess

MiniMax & CuBase 5

Post by nimaccess »

Please bear with me if this seems a silly question (or has been presented before)
I am relatively new to MIDI recording (my experience limited to the early 90's) so the technology has evolved way beyond my experience and competence. I have a pretty steep learning curve ahead of me. (The [manual/my understanding] is hardly helpful)
I am trying to integrate the MiniMax into my system, and am having difficulty determining the best use of the instrument with regard to CuBase 5.
1. There are two versions of the Remote software, and both work to a certain extent. (Installed the updated factory presets.)
* The CD that came with the unit v1.0.17 dd 2005 (presets work, but the unit is a full tone out, and has to be re-tuned every session. (the response I received from Sonic-Core was to engage the tone wheel once to reset the tone, which is cumbersome and amateurish)
* Downloaded version 2.3 dd 2006 (presets are a mess and inconsistent. Tried to upload from box and get gibberish)
* Neither app relates in any way to CuBase apart from being able to change patch numbers.(even this is inconsistent)
2. If CuBase is running, the remote software won't load correctly (claims not enough memory on an 8gb computer??)
3. How does one get the patch names into CuBase 5, and have the units talk to each other. Surely the remote software should be able to be controlled from within CuBase 5 - as with the .xml download for Prodyssey ASB which I tried out of frustration, but this is not what I think is the right application so removed it) At least it talked to the MiniMax from within CuBase.

Considering the above, I must conclude that I am doing something very, very wrong, and as there seems to be too many ways to choose to utilize the unit, I really don't know what I am, or should be doing......... (I prefer to record MIDI, and then 'dump to CuBase.)
So my question is:
What is the best setup for this unit in relation to CuBase 5?????? Please help - the sounds are superb, and I would really like to use the unit..

System:
Windows 7/64 8gb memory
CuBase 5/64
Delta 1010
BCF2000
And a lot of other MIDI synths
nimaccess

Re: MiniMax & CuBase 5

Post by nimaccess »

:o :o
TO BOTH OF US!!!!
I think this forum is dying...............
:evil: :evil:
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i don't have ASB, but i bet the fact that you're trying to use a 64bit computer has something to do with it. i mean Scope and XITE are only now just about to get 64bit drivers, so the older ASB line is probably way off the 'to do' list.

Perhaps write an email to Sonic Core support and see what the situation is.
nimaccess

Post by nimaccess »

This I did, and the response was hardly one to set my confidence in the company soaring.
vis-à-vis:
26/01/2009
Hello,
we'll create 64 bit drivers in the future, but currently i have no idea, when exactely.
All the best
Sonic Core GmbH - (this was before I purchased, and was the motivation)
24/11/2009
"3. Here I can not help. The development has stopped here.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Dipl.-Ing. Ralf Dressel"

Apart from the contradictory responses, I'm inclined to go with the latter response. The MiniMax has been hung out to dry, and support will me minimal (if at all). I anticipate a lot of 'lip-service.... but not much else, that's why I'm here at the forum, hoping that collectively something can be worked out.

There is no point in berating the lack of professionalism from this company, and since the MiniMax is still being sold, they are doing more damage to their reputation than anything I could do.
nimaccess

Post by nimaccess »

I take your point, but you would be surprised at how clients can change a company's attitude - satisfied customers are more likely to purchase other products of the brand. Dissatisfied customers spread their experiences to all who will listen. Even Microsoft has felt the effect of a poorly developed and supported product (Vista).

Pooling knowledge and experience can benefit everyone concerned, unless unbeknown to me, Sonic Core owns this forum.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

AFAI SC does not have anything with this forum. This is private project running by nice person.