MINIMAX patch and midi issues...

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

k2500x

MINIMAX patch and midi issues...

Post by k2500x »

Just got to using my new minimax and having some problems.

Patch changes:
I can send patch changes by the sequencer for programs 0-127, however, it doesn't want to respond to the bank change message to go from PRESET to USER, and back. Any idea the CC# message I need to send to get the unit to do that?

MIDI LOOP: When in LOCAL ON mode, sending the midi through my sequencer puts the unit in a midi loop that crashed my whole system! It's like the MIDI OUT is acting like the MIDI THRU to cuase a loop. When I turn LOCAL OFF I don't get the loop, but the system acts really funny when changing patches like resetting all controllers and even midi volume to zero (ie I need to push the volume button and turn up the volume each time I do a patch change!) Plus, changing from PRESET to USER patches did not get recorded in the sequencer (to show me how to do the above).

One other thing I'd really like to do is SYSEX patch dumps from the unit. Is this possible? ie I'm not using the software editor, and I'd like to make changes to a sound and then dump the edit buffer into my sequencer so I don't have overwrite the user patch.

Anyone else got this unit working smoothly in their midi sequencer setup? Thanks...
fx1mark

Re: MINIMAX patch and midi issues...

Post by fx1mark »

k2500x wrote:Just got to using my new minimax and having some problems.

Patch changes:
I can send patch changes by the sequencer for programs 0-127, however, it doesn't want to respond to the bank change message to go from PRESET to USER, and back. Any idea the CC# message I need to send to get the unit to do that?

MIDI LOOP: When in LOCAL ON mode, sending the midi through my sequencer puts the unit in a midi loop that crashed my whole system! It's like the MIDI OUT is acting like the MIDI THRU to cuase a loop. When I turn LOCAL OFF I don't get the loop, but the system acts really funny when changing patches like resetting all controllers and even midi volume to zero (ie I need to push the volume button and turn up the volume each time I do a patch change!) Plus, changing from PRESET to USER patches did not get recorded in the sequencer (to show me how to do the above).

One other thing I'd really like to do is SYSEX patch dumps from the unit. Is this possible? ie I'm not using the software editor, and I'd like to make changes to a sound and then dump the edit buffer into my sequencer so I don't have overwrite the user patch.

Anyone else got this unit working smoothly in their midi sequencer setup? Thanks...
I can't remember if you can change from preset to user. did you check out the cc list in the back of the manual? As far as I know you have to have the software editor to dump patches. also, if you had the editor, you could run the midi monitor and change from preset to user and see what cc command is sent. I am sure there are free midi monitors out there. as far as using it with a sequencer, I don't have midi going back to the sequencer from any of my synths, hence I don't have a midi loop problem.