Prodyssey Patch Switching Issue

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

panthaakp

Prodyssey Patch Switching Issue

Post by panthaakp »

I've noticed that some of the patches make noise (sound) when you switch between them. Is there a way to setup the ones that make noise to not do that? What's causing this?

Thanks!
slammah2012

Re: Prodyssey Patch Switching Issue

Post by slammah2012 »

panthaakp wrote:I've noticed that some of the patches make noise (sound) when you switch between them. Is there a way to setup the ones that make noise to not do that? What's causing this?

Thanks!
I believe thes noises occur when change between mono and Poly Exist, when switching occurs before an envelope has closed completely, between any patch with VCA Gain engaged, and when there are changes between the FX pages....it happens on the Plugiator as well.....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
panthaakp

Post by panthaakp »

What a shame. Thats what I figured was causing it. All these bugs make it really hard to use it in a live situation. Maybe its time to bring a laptop and switch over to the Gforce soft synths.
astroman

Post by astroman »

yeah, sure it is.
Most people don't hear the difference anyway at a live venue and those sissy-puters are famous for rock solid and reliable performance. Go for them.
Still you won't convince me into writing to Yamaha that their world's best selling synth of all times (the DX7) is a buggy piece of crap because it makes 'noise' when switching presets. LOL

cheers, Tom
panthaakp

Post by panthaakp »

The switching presets is only an issue bc it sends a pretty loud signal through the outputs
(usually a chord when switching to a poly patch) which makes it unusable if you want to switch quickly between sounds in a song. I have found though that if you wait about 20 sec before switching over it won't make a sound. Also the thing is starting to go back and forth between poly and mono while I'm playing it. Oh well. :-?
astroman

Post by astroman »

just asking myself how you'd play the original version...
would you refuse it because it cannot even do presets at all ? :o
... or would you accept it for the brag-factor ? ;) :D

anyway, it's not my business, so who am I to tell
have you ever tried an 'internmediate' dummy preset (say #1) with silenenced voices and envelopes down ?
so you want #22, but press #1 first then #22

cheers, Tom
panthaakp

Post by panthaakp »

Geez I would love an original one, but I just wouldn't use it live as my only synth like Im trying to do with this one.

Thats a good idea about the intermediate silenced preset. Ill try it out. Thanks for the help!