Help needed

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

husker

Re: Help needed

Post by husker »

netguyjoel wrote:It is strictly an emulator...the hardware drivers are still needed..XP drivers only will work...there are no Vista drivers. Go back to XP if you want it to work :wink:
What is an emulator? What are you referring to?
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

XP mode in Vista is just an emulator and does not run at the hardware level, which is why you need to run XP as XP (not XP "Mode" in Vista) Vista is still the best virus Microsoft ever wrote...well may be ME... :lol: :lol:

Now that 5.0 PCI RC is out & Vista drivers are available...the upgrade to Win7 will be a snap. But afaik, no luck for USB w/ ASB & Klangbox owners, in Vista or Win7, they'll have to stick to MIDI for now, which isn't so bad...I have a nice patch bay for my outboard hardware synths...
Joel
alower

Post by alower »

ops, double post
Last edited by alower on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

MIDI interfaces work great. The software editor will work via MIDI...You have knobs...use 'em, but go MIDI..and use your DAW/Sequencer and have fun! :wink:

The only benefit w/ USB, is afaik, you don't need to use the audio outputs, of the Minimax. The audio is streamed through USB. Streaming audio through USB imo, isn't a good thing. MIDI is thin route the audio outs to a mixer, or other audio interface. Trigger the device w/MIDI, the editor I think works in Vista and can use MIDI to control the device. Like I said before...trigger the device w/ MIDI...use the knobs....make some music!

The audio interface part won't work in Vista. It will just be a synth in your studio. If you want audio IO & USB...I'm affraid XP for now is your only option.
Last edited by netguyjoel on Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joel
alower

Post by alower »

ops, double post
Last edited by alower on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

My mistake...I thought you had a Klangbox AND a Minimax ASB...This brings me to the previous post...Klangbox & USB will only work in XP. MIDI works fine w/ Klangbox..just no VST action..you should be good to go!

Besides...XP on your laptop will run faster & handle the DAW apps better than the bloated, resource hog of Vista! I think Klangbox will trigger w/ just MIDI as well.

The Uno works just fine.... :wink:
Joel
alower

Post by alower »

ops, double post
Last edited by alower on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I can help you with that....there is certain software, that will "steam" or insert certain drivers, so you can create your own XP boot CD w/ all the drivers you need...so no more adding SATA, audio, network, or video drivers after OS install. What make & model laptop?
Joel
alower

Post by alower »

Dell Inspiron 1525
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

You will need UltraIso and nLite programs.

They are free just use Google

Instructions how to use nLite to add SATA drivers to an XP CD
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/ ... tallation/

SATA drivers
http://support.dell.com/support/downloa ... eid=224400

a link to ALL other drivers needed
http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-2476 ... rading-how

Best wishes... :wink:
Joel
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

netguyjoel wrote:MIDI interfaces work great. The software editor will work via MIDI...You have knobs...use 'em, but go MIDI..and use your DAW/Sequencer and have fun! :wink:

The only benefit w/ USB, is afaik, you don't need to use the audio outputs, of the Minimax. The audio is streamed through USB. Streaming audio through USB imo, isn't a good thing. MIDI is thin route the audio outs to a mixer, or other audio interface. Trigger the device w/MIDI, the editor I think works in Vista and can use MIDI to control the device. Like I said before...trigger the device w/ MIDI...use the knobs....make some music!

The audio interface part won't work in Vista. It will just be a synth in your studio. If you want audio IO & USB...I'm affraid XP for now is your only option.
What do you mean by saying "audio" streams through the USB ports on the minimax ???

I understand USB on Klangboxes and ASBs are for Midi only....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

alower wrote:Well, if there is no alternative whatsoever, I guess I'll have to take the pains of migrating my laptop OS from Vista to XP. I was avoiding this option because of the pain of finding XP drivers for everything, etc. But I am definitelly frustrated by lugging the Klangbox in my rack without ever switching it on...

I also hope that the Klangbox communicates with the XP-running laptop via USB, as otherwise I'll also have to buy the MIDI Interface.
What do you mean by "Pain of finding XP drivers" for everything???.....

Xp is supported by microsoft and practically everyone else.....

Finding drivers is a Vista problem......
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

We are trying to downgrade his Inspiron 1525 FROM Vista to XP...and getting the Dell drivers for XP.
Joel
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

You can use the audio inputs on the Minimax

slammah2012 wrote:
netguyjoel wrote:MIDI interfaces work great. The software editor will work via MIDI...You have knobs...use 'em, but go MIDI..and use your DAW/Sequencer and have fun! :wink:

What do you mean by saying "audio" streams through the USB ports on the minimax ???

Joel
husker

Post by husker »

netguyjoel wrote:XP mode in Vista is just an emulator and does not run at the hardware level, which is why you need to run XP as XP (not XP "Mode" in Vista) Vista is still the best virus Microsoft ever wrote...well may be ME... :lol: :lol:

Now that 5.0 PCI RC is out & Vista drivers are available...the upgrade to Win7 will be a snap. But afaik, no luck for USB w/ ASB & Klangbox owners, in Vista or Win7, they'll have to stick to MIDI for now, which isn't so bad...I have a nice patch bay for my outboard hardware synths...
Sorry - but completely wrong. If that were true how do I run Scope 4.5 in Vista? The drivers are compatible at the hardware level, and the XP Compatability Mode where sfp.exe is run is to 'fool' sfp.exe that it is running in XP rather than Vista - this changes (removes) some of the Vista additions to make it legacy friendly. I had 3 Scope cards running in Vista with XP Compatability mode, no problems and full performance.

I think you are getting confused with a Virtual PC setup...

My suggestion for the OP is to try mode for their particular setup
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

You are confusing Scope with Klangbox. Vista has, and will all ways suck. Klangbox should be run in XP...not Shista.
Joel
husker

Post by husker »

You're confusing anti-Vista rhetoric with helping people get a config operational...
alower

Post by alower »

ops, double post
Last edited by alower on Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

netguyjoel wrote:You can use the audio inputs on the Minimax

slammah2012 wrote:

Audio inputs on Minimax???

Sorry again.......

There is no audio over the USB on ASBs.....just Midi and Editor control
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
husker

Post by husker »

alower wrote:Husker, I will try your suggestion and post back with the results. Thanks for your interest in helping out.
I'd be surprised if you couldn't get it going in Vista - PM if you need some more help. Cheers, Wayne.