Moderators: valis, garyb

slammah2012

Re: Prodyssey Fix Soon???

Post by slammah2012 »

andyr1960 wrote:
slammah2012 wrote:
Spent my 1st day with plugiator....
l
Mine arrived yesterday... Immediately installed the Prodyssey and Pro-12 plugins... Still a few problems here and there, but overall I'm very happy with it.

Smaller that I thought it would be!

I'll ask if we can have a dedicated forum for it :)
How do you find the Pro 12 ???...
It sounds a little noisy compared to the prody and max....
I wish they had left the FX off of most of the factory presets so you can hear the synth first and then add the FX...

Drums and bass has gotta go... need a new plug....
wishfully...a CS80, Obx , mellotron or a paraphonic synth
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

slammah2012 wrote:
It sounds a little noisy compared to the prody and max...

Definitely a bit of aliasing going on with the Pro-12. I didn't bother with Drums & Bass or Fmagia - not interested in either.

I've written to Ray @ UA, and suggested something along the lines of Modular III as a plug (Clavia have stopped production of the G2 series modulars and I think a modular plug would do very well)

Yeah, a CS80, Jupiter 8, ARP Quadra would be nice :D
Broadwave Homebrew Analogue Synthesizers
http://www.bytes2bits.co.uk
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

Well....I have already had to have a talk with the plugiator people on behalf of 2 of the plugins........
there is 1 prodyssey glitch with the envelope skipping 2 notes out of 10 if the decay rate and release rate is close or equal to the time a repeated note is played.....
there is a PRO 12 glitch where if you switch between 2 polyphonic patches....the second patch wont engage full polyphony until after several chord strikes....(almost as if monophonic , duophonic or Unison without layering)The liklyhood that this happens is around 50 % it screws up and plays mono, or 50% it allows full chording from the start...
Also....regarding the whole unit, It would be nice if it had midi filters you could enable so it didnt freeze or act up when it receives midi clock at the input...
I have to disable MIDI Clock Internal on my Radias as a controller if the plugiator is after it in the midi chain...this means , regardless of channel, none of the radias sequence features can coexist with a Plugiator around...
And finally, it would have been nice if Plugiator used The out of range PolyAT channels for the overflow of CC#..... there are 21 empty PolyAT channels below an 88 note keyboard range, and 18 empty PolyAT channels they could have used above high C on an 88 note kybd....So where did they choose??? Smack in the middle of a typical 5 octave range keyboard, which means, polyphonic Aftertouch controllers wont work properly with the plugiator as key pressure on the overflow parameters will change all the parameters and knobs to 0 on release..
andyr1960 wrote:
slammah2012 wrote:

Definitely a bit of aliasing going on with the Pro-12. I didn't bother with Drums & Bass or Fmagia - not interested in either.

I've written to Ray @ UA, and suggested something along the lines of Modular III as a plug (Clavia have stopped production of the G2 series modulars and I think a modular plug would do very well)

Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

slammah2012 wrote:Well....I have already had to have a talk with the plugiator people on behalf of 2 of the plugins........
there is 1 prodyssey glitch with the envelope skipping 2 notes out of 10 if the decay rate and release rate is close or equal to the time a repeated note is played.....
Yup, I can replicate all those bugs... seems we just can't win : (
Broadwave Homebrew Analogue Synthesizers
http://www.bytes2bits.co.uk
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

andyr1960 wrote:
slammah2012 wrote:Well....I have already had to have a talk with the plugiator people on behalf of 2 of the plugins........
Yup, I can replicate all those bugs... seems we just can't win : (
They replied that they would attempt to fix these on the next "PIL"....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

andyr1960 wrote:
slammah2012 wrote:

After working with it, I dont mind the FMagia.....there are sounds on there that are beefy and out of the Analog domain.....and it is not sample or wave table based, but virtual FM......It is tied with the Lightwave for keepers....
I already have a multi timbrael Vocoder in my Radias so the first to go for me would be drums and bass and then the Vocodizer....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.