Prodyssey Fix Soon???

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

andyr1960

Prodyssey Fix Soon???

Post by andyr1960 »

I've just noticed the following on the Plugiator forum...

Hi Everyone,

This is Ray from Use Audio and I would like to take the opportunity to provide you with some information about the current developments and updates on the Plugiator.

1) ARP - Revamped modulation, sync and small emulation nuances have been made more accurate. This takes care of the sync/ring mod issues on the Prodyssey plug-in

So where does this leave the ASB/Klangbox/Scope? Can we also expect an update sometime soon?

Questions, questions , questions!
Broadwave Homebrew Analogue Synthesizers
http://www.bytes2bits.co.uk
erminardi

Re: Prodyssey Fix Soon???

Post by erminardi »

yep, damn! :x
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Septic

Post by Septic »

stardust wrote:You very likely know that use Audio and sonic core are 2 different companies.
So if use audio makes bug fixes there is no automatism for sonic core....and vice versa
Does that mean that the former Scope/ASB synth programmers are now working for use-audio instead of SonicCore nowadays?
If so, then I can, partly, understand why there are no fixes anymore for the ASBs. If not, well, then.........fix it already hehe

I already sold my minimax and prodyssey ASB due to the bugs, which is a big shame because they sound rather good imo.
The PRO-12 I still have and still love it much. Although I think that when the Solaris has arrived, it will become obsolete in some way.

@ S|C™, Fix the OSX update issues and make a 100% working fix for the voicesteal bugs, plz :) It is hard enuf already to convince fellow musicans to opt for ASB Scope XITEs without the bugs already ;) At this pricepoint they will much easier go for an Virus TI (snow) BLofeld of DSI Mopho......
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

I've just written to Sonic Core support, begging them to work with Use Audio to provide the same fix for the ASB/Klangbox etc. After all the DSP engine used in each of them is basically the same, and there is no reason at all why Use Audio's fix won't work with the ASB etc... It just takes a tiny bit of cooperation, surely that's not too much to ask for...is it?

The Prodyssey ASB is selling for more than a 1,000 euros, for a product that is still flawed after two years, and is quite honestly, not fit for purpose!

1. Ring Mod/Sync - aliasing wildly!
2. Portamento - should be logarithmic not linear
3. Envelope retrigger - always starts from the very beginning of the attack phase, when it should restart from a point on the release phase
4. Envelope Decay and Sustain problems

How can Sonic Core expect anyone to purchase future projects, if there's no adequate support?

I don't want to have to sell my ASB and get a Plugiator as a replacement just for a simple fix, but it looks like I may have to.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

you've forgot the dual voice mode fix!
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
soundsubs

Post by soundsubs »

what is the ring mod bug (and others?) that everyone talks about?
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

erminardi wrote:you've forgot the dual voice mode fix!
Ah, yes the dual voice mode!

I know it's nice having 12 note poly, but emulating the 2 voice mode would be great :)

I'm just wondering if the Plugiator Prodyssey plug-in has exactly the same CC's as the ASB - can't see why not... Get a Plugiator with the fix, and use the ASB as a controller? I can buy a new Plugiator here in the UK for £255.00 (and get the bonus of having the Minimax, Lightwave etc.)

Mmmm... there's a thought!
Septic

Post by Septic »

andyr1960 wrote:
erminardi wrote:you've forgot the dual voice mode fix!
Ah, yes the dual voice mode!

I know it's nice having 12 note poly, but emulating the 2 voice mode would be great :)

I'm just wondering if the Plugiator Prodyssey plug-in has exactly the same CC's as the ASB - can't see why not... Get a Plugiator with the fix, and use the ASB as a controller? I can buy a new Plugiator here in the UK for £255.00 (and get the bonus of having the Minimax, Lightwave etc.)

Mmmm... there's a thought!
I already looked into that subject, the midi CC#s are not the same :( Otherwise I would have used my ASB as a controller for the plugiator.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

The ASB has the same mapping as the NOAH.

Being a NOAH + ASB + Plugiator owner, I would also welcome an update allowing CC remapping or an old mapped version !!!

CheerZ
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

HUROLURA wrote:The ASB has the same mapping as the NOAH.

Being a NOAH + ASB + Plugiator owner, I would also welcome an update allowing CC remapping or an old mapped version !!!

CheerZ
Being a Creamware ASB owner of 2 "creamware labeled"(Prodysey ,B4000) and a new owner of Use Plugiator 8 bundle,
I would like Use audio to remap their control CC to optionally match the original "Creamware' ASB CC as they worked together as a team back at that time in history...

Customers should be rewarded politely even with the divorce proceedings....
Use should match CCs and gain an upper hand as they are fixing their code....
they already have potential controller surfaces standing ready...
I will see if the input on the Plugiator can also directly input into the leslie of the B4000, just as SonicCore cooperatively fixed the Code for my ASB so it also inputs the leslie simulator.
Maybe Use can tackle the CS80 and give the user the ability to remapp the controll surface based on presets.....the follow up SonicCoreASB CS80 would be a welcome...
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

stardust wrote:So the companies should listen. Do they ?
sometimes they do...

SonicCore wrote Beta code for my B4000 ASB so the input jack goes into the Drive, vibrato, and leslie circuit......

All I did was ask them to directly ....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Septic

Post by Septic »

I wont buy a XITE1 for sure if this is not fixed in the future. SonicCore can do with this info, what they want :)
Septic

Post by Septic »

stardust wrote:
Septic wrote:I wont buy a XITE1 for sure if this is not fixed in the future. SonicCore can do with this info, what they want :)
I hope they do read it here.

hehe ,

but if they dont take time to make fixes, they sure will have time to surf the internet :)

It would be rather silly if S|C would not read into the no1 Scope/Pulsar/ASB community.
Septic

Post by Septic »

stardust wrote:True,.....but since it is a community and not a support forum of SC....
well the community and forums on the former creamware and now S|C™ pages are empty for quite a few years now..

I think that, generally speaking, this is the support and help forums for scope/asb etc :)
I must say thumbs up to John Coooper and this site, without it we would be lost hehe..

I just had a discussion with 2 former ASB owners yesterday, conclusion great sound, good built Q.
But the registration for updating the FW they couldnt believe it was true(me neither, the scope -> asb port )
And then the few lousy voicesteal bugs on ALL models. All the people I know who had ASB sold it...

1. Registration
2. VOice steal bugs.
3. Editor still needed for voicemode settings and FX , AT MW settings (so no true standalone)

these 3 were the most reasons for selling it..1 and 2 can be fixed... 3 maybe with some shortcuts (like press down+up together for mono/poly switch) something should be done for setting ENV retrig en LO Prio on/off.

I am not bashing or so, i wanna help in a solution to make the ASB line better than it is now.
andyr1960

Post by andyr1960 »

Septic wrote: All the people I know who had ASB sold it...
I keep looking at my Prodyssey and wonder if I should sell it or not... Knowing my luck, they'll come up with a fix the day I sell it - but then again it's been over a year since the last update.

I'd probably be better off paying for an second hand ARP Oddy, as they're both now roughly the same price... maybe it *is* time to ditch the bitch!!!
pricklyrobot

Post by pricklyrobot »

I sold my Minimax ASB nearly a year ago now (the thing sounded great but got hanging notes like crazy, which made the Poly aspect of it pretty useless).

There was a point, when I still had it, that I was writing to Sonic-core support literally once a week asking them if there were any fixes planned. Out of the 15 or so e-mails I sent over the course of a few months, I got one response asking if I had updated to the newer firmware (you know, the second one which hasn't been updated since 2006), after I'd specifically stated in my e-mail that I'd installed said firmware the same day I bought the Minimax.

At this point I have very little faith in Sonic-core's abilities or intentions. Perhaps I should check out the Plugiator though, as I do miss the Minimax sound and was always keen to try out the Prodyssey.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

pricklyrobot wrote:I sold my Minimax ASB nearly a year ago now (the thing sounded great but got hanging notes like crazy, which made the Poly aspect of it pretty useless).

There was a point, when I still had it, that I was writing to Sonic-core support literally once a week asking them if there were any fixes planned. Out of the 15 or so e-mails I sent over the course of a few months, I got one response asking if I had updated to the newer firmware (you know, the second one which hasn't been updated since 2006), after I'd specifically stated in my e-mail that I'd installed said firmware the same day I bought the Minimax.

At this point I have very little faith in Sonic-core's abilities or intentions. Perhaps I should check out the Plugiator though, as I do miss the Minimax sound and was always keen to try out the Prodyssey.

I just talked to Plugiater"USE Audio"....
They are working on new plugs for it....
as far as Prodyssey ASB.....pretty sure you can set low/last note priority in the Additional pages....
Never had midi hang because that is actually a midi procedural problem....Remember, always Release before you program change....or you will have to return back to the preset source that started the hang in your outboard stuff and then give the note off message by a retrigger...
The Aliasing thing with sync/ring is another story......
And the input on the plugiator is only for the Vocoder according to Use/Audio ... no input to leslie here...
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Septic

Post by Septic »

slammah2012 wrote:
pricklyrobot wrote:I sold my Minimax ASB nearly a year ago now (the thing sounded great but got hanging notes like crazy, which made the Poly aspect of it pretty useless).

I just talked to Plugiater"USE Audio"....
They are working on new plugs for it....
as far as Prodyssey ASB.....pretty sure you can set low/last note priority in the Additional pages....
Never had midi hang because that is actually a midi procedural problem....Remember, always Release before you program change....or you will have to return back to the preset source that started the hang in your outboard stuff and then give the note off message by a retrigger...
The Aliasing thing with sync/ring is another story......
And the input on the plugiator is only for the Vocoder according to Use/Audio ... no input to leslie here...

No that is not correct! You make it sound if only a prog change makes the hangbug...this is not true.

I have had all the 3 ASBS and ALL have voiscesteal bugs.
Voicesteal has nothing to do with release and program change...hanging notes, maybe, but htat even should not be possible..with good coding..I know my way around midi..sorry. The Note hanging can be reproduced by making a midisequence op 8th C2 notes, loop it. play your seq. Now play live and in realtime a C2 on top, voila. May take a step or so, but in the end it will hang for sure. Non of 150 synths i ever had has this kinda Crap!.

Last/Low note prio is primairly for when using the MONO voice mode. and even than, it doesnt matter in what position the Low switch is. The Retrig is alwys on ON for poly....

I think the time has been long enough for fixes, no more escapes!!

EDIT: My tone sound harsch when reading back, that was not the intention...

I appreciate all opinions and help on the subject :)
pricklyrobot

Post by pricklyrobot »

Deja vu, feel like I'm back in another thread from a year ago.

Don't much care since I don't have the ASB anymore but just for the record, my hanging note problems were caused by sending sequencer notes to the ASB and playing live on top of that at the same time. I've done the same thing successfully with every other polysynth that I've owned, and the ASB was the only one that had a problem with it.

I am not a M-IDIot, the ASB's just have some fundamental problems that can not be dismissed as user error (I wish they didn't because there isn't anything out there quite like them, but they do and it seems like they will continue to).
Septic

Post by Septic »

pricklyrobot wrote:Deja vu, feel like I'm back in another thread from a year ago.

Don't much care since I don't have the ASB anymore but just for the record, my hanging note problems were caused by sending sequencer notes to the ASB and playing live on top of that at the same time. I've done the same thing successfully with every other polysynth that I've owned, and the ASB was the only one that had a problem with it.

I am not a M-IDIot, the ASB's just have some fundamental problems that can not be dismissed as user error (I wish they didn't because there isn't anything out there quite like them, but they do and it seems like they will continue to).

Yes mine experience also, i have had lotsa synths in 20 years, the ASBS are the ONLY ones with this bug..

How long are those boxes out? 3years orso? (minimax) and still no fixes, not very good policy to build a new user base. Well i heard that story about s|c not being responsible since ASB is Creamw€re legacy, true, but than dont sell it in your shops!!! 980 euro voor a PRO12 come on that is a rippoff...for a dead and unsupported buggy machine of 3 years+ old. (it is just the CW with another logo printed on it) 2nd those are easliy (due to the bugs) to pickup for 300-350 no sweat...