12v Power Supplies

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

andyr1960

12v Power Supplies

Post by andyr1960 »

Hi All,

Does anybody know if it's safe to use a 12v switched mode PSU with the Prodyssey.

The manual states that the PSU can be either AC or DC... It's just that I'm fed up with the supplied Euro-Plug PSU.

Andy.
Broadwave Homebrew Analogue Synthesizers
http://www.bytes2bits.co.uk
slammah2012

Re: 12v Power Supplies

Post by slammah2012 »

I have a Prodyssey and B4000.....
the PSUs that shipped with each of them were radically different.......

one was 13 volt AC on a midline transformer, and the other was a 12V dc wall wart.....

they are interchangeable on my units...
My ASB B4000 came with the "Wall Wart" type of adapter with the 2 AC prongs coming out of the transformer end(tri mag,WTD 1226...output.....12V 2.5A)

My ASB Prodyssey was shipped store to store with a AC Adapter with a "mid line" transformer ...

meaning there is cable from the AC to the Adapter and Cable from the adapter to the ASB.....

(Model No BDU130150.........output........13 VAC 1,500 mA)
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
Le Bone

Post by Le Bone »

Hi Andy,

I have the Pro-12 and Prodyssey ASB's and they were a right pain with the Euro Wobble.

So I went to ebay.de and bought a 4 way Euro trailing socket for about a fiver. I then put on a British Plug (so I can plug into a UK trailer) on the end and I now can plug Euro stuff properly into a specified socket without fear of knocking out PSU's in adaptors or creating a fire hazard with sparking connections!

Worked for me

Tony
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

We use the same method as Tony here. You just have to make sure to buy a German Multiway & not a French one (for example) since not all european adapters are made equally. :wink:

Mark