Prodyssey Issues

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

ack ack ack

Prodyssey Issues

Post by ack ack ack »

hello everybody,

i recently bought a prodyssey ASB and love it! it is however my first synth and having never actually owned a real ARP i cannot tell if the behaviour of the ASB is accurate to that of the real thing.

i see from reading some of the posts here that some users have found 'issues' with the minimax and pro 12 but what i would like to know is what are the issues that people have with the prodyssey?

from what i can tell from the messages here it seems there are two problems:

1) stuck notes - could somebody explain to me when they have found this to occur? i think i may have experienced this but at the time i just thought i had just created some sort of feedback loop.

2) sync/ ring mod - i have heard this is a problem when using the sync and ring mod at the same time. something to do with ailiasing (having never owned a synth before i'm afraid i don't actually understand this term!)

a list of other known problems or further explanation of the above problems would be much appreciated!

thanks!
slammah2012

Re: Prodyssey Issues

Post by slammah2012 »

Congratulations....

There is little wrong with the synth....
enjoy it...
One word on hanging notes..... they occurr if your controller fails to send a note off message ....
this is a usual error on Multitimbral controllers when you change multi presets, and a note off event does not exist within the range of the midi channel tha hangs....
user error....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........
Septic

Post by Septic »

When you sequence a C3 note in your sequencer and play in realtime a C3 note at the same time, you have got stuck notes

the aliasing thing never bothered me much when i had the Proddy ASB.
ack ack ack

Post by ack ack ack »

thanks for the replies. i have a few other questions!

i only found out about the secondary function of the 'user' button from reading prodyssey reviews. there doesn't seem to be any mention of it in the manual itself. i also see from one of the prodyssey youtube videos that hitting 'control' twice allows you to match up the sliders to the different presets. are there any other buttons with secondary functions?

also, is there some kind of faq or a beginners guide for this synth? as you can tell this is all very new to me having only ever really played guitars up until now!
ulrichte

Post by ulrichte »

ack ack ack wrote:i only found out about the secondary function of the 'user' button from reading prodyssey reviews. there doesn't seem to be any mention of it in the manual itself.
It is mentionned in the manual
ack ack ack wrote:i also see from one of the prodyssey youtube videos that hitting 'control' twice allows you to match up the sliders to the different presets.
What do you mean by that ? Don't you mean pressing "PRESET" a second time and having thus the led in the "match" portion changes according to values of paramaters.
slammah2012

Post by slammah2012 »

Septic wrote:When you sequence a C3 note in your sequencer and play in realtime a C3 note at the same time, you have got stuck notes

the aliasing thing never bothered me much when i had the Proddy ASB.

That is right... when you play a C3 note, the ASB does not recognize the note off event from the Sequencer...it only recognizes the note off from your finger..... so the C3 triggered on the sequencer Hangs until another note off event or an all note off event occures...

Check the Local off function of the ASB and try playing "thru" the sequencer to the ASB....
There may be more success that way....
Time has No Master.
*NOW* is the Password.
Just *ASK* and *INVITE* every-
thing you are after..........