Minimax Remote Software on OSX 10.4

Discuss the Creamware ASB and Klangbox hardware boxes

Moderators: valis, garyb

skylab001

Minimax Remote Software on OSX 10.4

Post by skylab001 »

Does anybody have this same problem on OSX?

I was able to connect to my Mac running 10.4 and Minimax Remote 2.2 until I upgraded my firmware. I did originally have a problem where I could connect once and if I turned off the minimax or disconnected somehow, the only way to get the two talking again was to do a fresh reboot of both MAC and Minimax.

Now I have upgraded the Firmware and I can't get them to connect at all (I already had the latest firmware but Ralf didn't say anything about the only way to tell is is if the Overload LED works before I tried to upgrade, shouldn't it say that in the documentation!!!! ), I keep getting the "unit is disconnected" message.

I tried today on my friends Powerbook running 10.4 and we got the Minimax and remote software connected once, and then we disconnected it and was never able to reconnect again, we tried for hours and nothing. I almost feel like Sonic Core should be paying me for my wasted time.

Does anybody else have any experience here? Is there a preference file or something somewhere I can delete and get it working again?? I don't have regular access to a PC so that really isn't an option, although it does seem like the PC remote software works a bit better. I really want access to the FX and other bits you can't control from the panel.

Did I really just pay $800 for this disfunctional bit of gear??
astroman

Re: Minimax Remote Software on OSX 10.4

Post by astroman »

skylab001 wrote:... I almost feel like Sonic Core should be paying me for my wasted time...
I've thought the same about M$oft and recently Apple, too (hear, hear...) :D :P
they certainly owe me a fortune
sorry, couldn't resist ;)

you may probably have guessed that yourself, but with a firmware update there's always a small risk that something fails...
what kind of Mac model are you using ?

cheers, Tom